Short hair=Less attractive???

Options

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Not all guys prefer long hair. My older brother loves short hair on girls. My father thinks all women should have long, straight, blond hair. Period. *eyeroll*

My husband prefers long hair, but long to him is anywhere between just at shoulder length and longer. I cut my hair chin length once, and I could tell he didn't care for it as much, even though he didn't outright say so. I would love to do a pixie cut, but he's very vocal about not liking that.

DO. IT.

I cut all my hair off (yes, into a pixie cut, tho it's very long and needs trimmed in my current pic) and I LOVE IT! It's edgy, fun, and EASY to do! Just get a really good stylist to do it, cuz I tried twice to just go to Fiesta and they botched it. I'm hoping third times a charm at a more suitable salon.

My cousin LOVES long hair on girls and it drives me crazy because he won't let his wife OR his daughter (she's nearly 9) cut off their hair. It makes me especially mad with his daughter because she hates brushing it and its literally curly as hell underneath and straight as a board on top, so a nice stack suits her MUCH better.

Sometimes I'm sure I don't look as feminine and call my pixie cut my 'man hair' but I'm very sure it has to do with the quality of the cut and not the idea of the style. I'll probably never be that 'ideally hot' girl to a guy, but I didn't get much attention with hair down my back, a cute bob, or anything in between, either. I guess I'm too shy for my hair to really make a difference in that!

Moral of the story: it's your hair, it will always grow and if you can rock it, it will be smokin! That's my opinion, anyway.

Also, Emma Watson.
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    very much depends. I think it is super cute on the right girl. gross on others.

Short%2BHair%2BStyle%2B2010.jpg

rumer-willis-ugly-hair1.jpg
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Grow it out, buy some hair bands to keep it out of your face. Long hair is sexy.
  • rebsaganes
    rebsaganes Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Obviously you can see what I think about it.:happy:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    I just cut my hair, from my collar bone to my chin last week. I have thick and tight curls, and that would be the one type that looks bad short right? it still looks great! I've been getting compliments on how cute I look with it, and it's sooo easy to manage and care for! I thought with my chubby cheeks it would look odd!

if you want short hair, CUT IT! and to hell with what guys think!

I'M SO JEALOUS! I want that white girl fro so bad! Just to try it, it looks so fun :)
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    My hubby likes whatever makes me happy, but he has a tendacy to play with my hair when its long. I think it just depends on the kind of cut you get. :bigsmile:
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the individual. I've had short and long hair, I prefer long! And every guy I've ever dated likes long hair. I don't knowwww. Do what you want! It's your hair. [=
  • Autumn_P
    Autumn_P Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I say cut it!
    I've been growing out mine for a few years and go back & forth on whether or not to cut it but just last week my husband randomly told me I should cut my hair. The only time in 11 years he's had an opinion about my hair.I also gave friends who say no to cutting it. Its all about how you carry yourself if a Guy notices you or not. If your confident he's not gonna notice your hair.
  • kippit
    kippit Posts: 78
    Options
    I prefer long hair but I have seen women look great with short hair.....classic example, Demi Moore never looked prettier than when she was in Ghost with short hair....she was stunning.....I say give it a try!
  • maritza327
    maritza327 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I chopped all my hair off after my wedding...and I have to say it was not only liberating but I got sooooooooooo many compliments. My husband liked me with both long and short. I say go for it!!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    not true, i had really long hair and i chopped it all off a few years ago, and my husband loved my hair...well atleast he said he did...lol. i always got complimented on it though.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    And you know what, if a guy does not like me just because my hair is short, then he probably is not worth my valuable time!

Totally this! The right person isn't going to care what length your hair is.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    My husband really likes my hair at chin length. He doesn't like it when it's past my shoulders at all. He didn't like it boy-short though.

BUT really if someone won't date you for your hair f-them.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't know any guys who'd turn down Halle Berry for having short hair.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Oh and every one with long hair should cut off 11 inches and donate it to Lock of Love.
  • change_happens
    Options
    I love short hair. It is always ready to go with no fuss. When i hit my goal weight I will be cutting my hair again. I love short hair and large earrings. Who cares what others think.
  • AlyAnt26
    AlyAnt26 Posts: 58
    Options
    I juts cut 11 inches off of mine! It's light and airy and awesome, and my husband loves it! :)
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    My ex LOVED short hair. Begged me to cut it. Sadly, God has blessed me with natural spiral curl and anoything above the shoulders is not an option. (Think Marge Simpson)

I did buy a short hair wig....:bigsmile:
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter, it is how it compliments her face and still more important is how she is as a person.

^^^ THIS! ^^^
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Oh and every one with long hair should cut off 11 inches and donate it to Lock of Love.

Done! My sister and I did it when we were in high school. My hair hasn't been long enough since, but the next time I think I will :)