Fast Food Sauce: REVEALED

Options
13»

Replies

• laureneva15
    Options
    I make awesome sauce to put on people's food.

SPUNKY!!!!

It can be FULL of spunk!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • HangoverSquare
    HangoverSquare Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I might be fat, but I've only gone to fast food restaurants a handful of times in my life--and I'm so thankful for that!

Those sauces look toxic. Sickening.
  • msmandyjo
    msmandyjo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I would think that having mayo and ranch out on the counter all day and not chilled is a huge health code violation. Thats disgusting.

I asked my boss and the verdict is that because this crap is so processed, it won't go bad. Hence, it's not a health code violation. I brought it up because the new guacamole is kept on ice, it's real enough to go bad.

For some reason, this makes me gag more than the pictures. but, um yay for the guacamole?
  • mandyisdandy
    Options
    I work in fast food and we never have this issue :s your place just seems nasty. Then again chick fil a is strict with our freezers and food, so nothing can be left out for longer than you use it to prepare food (10 mins max). Idk I don't want to down play your post, but not everywhere is like this :s. Sucks that the place u work is tho.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Did you take these pictures yourself or pull them off the internet?

I took these myself.
    And it never occurred to you to fix that? Those are health code violations. Some sauces have ingredients in them that are OK to leave at room temp. But they don't look like that when you do. Those have been out way longer than their shelf life. I would not tolerate that in my store. (and I say this as a member of management.)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

I took these myself.
    And it never occurred to you to fix that? Those are health code violations. Some sauces have ingredients in them that are OK to leave at room temp. But they don't look like that when you do. Those have been out way longer than their shelf life. I would not tolerate that in my store. (and I say this as a member of management.)

See my earlier post for my manager's explanation for why it's "ok." Several district managers have blown through lately and no one has ever had a problem with it. They even get in the kitchen and cook when they are there.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    soooo gross. omg! i just wanna hurl looking at it

you saved me from attempting to buy some fast food today! :sick:
  • chellaJKR
    chellaJKR Posts: 146
    Options
    The tendercrisp has been one of the hardest things for me to give up, but this post changed my life lmao. I owe you one ;)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    The tendercrisp has been one of the hardest things for me to give up, but this post changed my life lmao. I owe you one ;)

No problem, I understand it's allure. I'm glad I could help you out, that was my original intent.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options

I took these myself.

See my earlier post for my manager's explanation for why it's "ok." Several district managers have blown through lately and no one has ever had a problem with it. They even get in the kitchen and cook when they are there.

How does your local health department feel about it?
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    when i worked at burger king, we had mayo/tarter and all the vegis and stuff like in trays sitting in a tray of ice to keep it cool. we'd change the ice when it started to become too melted. i worked at a burger king on a military installation.
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I don't think I will ever go to BK again.....yuck, btw, if the health department saw that, I believe they would have a problem with it. Processed or not cold things are to be kept cold! Your boss is nuts!
  • WhitneyFMills
    Options
    Oh nastyyyyyy! When I worked at an itailian restraunt we made our dressing in a trash can, no kidding. It was horrifically disgusting

Where was this Lindsay? Do I Want to know?
  • applechild
    Options
    I was all troubled today because I so so so wanted to eat hamburger... you took away all the appetite I had... ugh xD
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Oh nastyyyyyy! When I worked at an itailian restraunt we made our dressing in a trash can, no kidding. It was horrifically disgusting

Where was this Lindsay? Do I Want to know?

Most Mexican restaurants keep their chips in giant trash cans too.