Im 35 Mother of 3 and im extremly Obese. and Scared

Options

Replies

• diane423
    diane423 Posts: 48
    Options
    SMALL STEPS..... weightloss is a journey it takes time to reach your destination.. Welcome to MFP.. Believe in yourself.. Believe you can do it for you and your children... I suggest starting slow just eliminate something from your diet maybe soda, bread , cake and replace it with something healthy like veggies, fruit.. start drinking water in place of other liquids.. stop frying AND START BAKING.. Really take time to look at the food your buying in the supermarket take the low ercalorie or lower fat choice instead of the full fat choice.. add more veggies and fruits to replace the sweet snacks.. Just know it takes time to lose weight somedays will be harder then others... just focus on your long term weightloss goal keep it close and before you know it you will be on your way... BEST OF LUCK.... I believe in you.. you can do this.. feel free to add me...
  • nicbic123
    nicbic123 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    we are all here for the same reason, just all at different levels. together we CAN do this, i would also recommend looking at the success stories of people in similar situation who are almost where they want to be because of the GREAT support on this site!! one day at a time, small goals are much easier to achieve than setting a huge one, and you get a better feeling once you reach each one, ALWAYS log your food and exercise on 'bad' or 'good' days, and if you're having a crap one that's what we are all here for too so we can vent and receive support good luck on your journey x
  • l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    Options
    I need all the Support I can get because even tho I am scared this weight will kill me I have NO motivation. I need pushed and I need support.

Good job, you have started the journey. It's all downhill from here!

I started around January at 310 lbs. I thought I couldnt stick with it, either....but I have. I'm 224 now, and feel better than I've felt since highschool. If I can do it, you can do it. If you can force yourself to stick with the commitment for a month, it will become a habit. By the 3rd or 4th month, you wont even notice you are dieting anymore.
  • PandaofDestruction
    Options
    I am obese too and I had no motivation also, but I just realized that I have to make a change!!!!! I have to say that this is a site that is easy to use and will help you be accountable for everything you eat....it has helped me, I have been on here for five days and I have not done an official weigh in but I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 4.5 lbs. I have to say that it is so hard to not eat what I want to ALL the time, and it takes tons of self control to not eat what you want, but I know that you can do it! I also feel so much better, you will be amazed at how wonderful you feel just after a few days! You have children to be there for, and the positive changes you WILL make are going to be so beneficial for both you and your kids! I am ROOTING FOR YOU! I am wishing you the best of luck! I know you can do it!
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'll certainly send a prayer. A wise person once told me, "There's nothing God gives that you and He can't overcome together". Although I've been criticized in the past for praying because of 'blind faith', the reality is I pray because it works as it does for everyone who does the same (James 1:2-18). Please feel free to update us with your successes, we're looking forward to hearing them.
  • NurseHthr
    NurseHthr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You're here. That's step one. Filling out your info and getting started is step 2. Sounds like you have 3 beautiful kids to do this for.
    MFP is absolutely wonderful. I get super frustrated and every time I need to ***** or complain - or I just need advice - everyone here jumps in and gives me exactly what I need
    Welcome! You'll do great! Sign on EVERY DAY and get some MFP "friends". They'll keep you going when you want to quit and if you don't sign on for a few days they WILL notice and call you out. Feel free to friend me if you'd like
    Good luck!
    Each day is a new day. You just have to decide to be a better person when you wake up in the morning. Your kids deserve you.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,023 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up for having a hard time with the changes, and don't try to change everything at once.

Start with logging your food and drinking a lot of water.

If you have trouble exercising, do whatever you can. . . walk to the neighbor's house: or walk to the end of your driveway, whatever you are capable of. Sit in your chair and reach for your toes. You may not be able to reach them, but keep doing it a little bit daily until you do. Lift some cans of (whatever: soda, tomato sauce) above your head a few times. Try to increase the repetitions tomorrow: if you can do four today, do five tomorrow. The exercise gets easier as you continue, but it is okay to start slow. Just start. Modify exercises to fit your abilities.

You can do this, many people here have. We're here if you need anything. Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • bakanekonei
    Options
    you can certainly do it! the want is a hidden motivation, the first step ;)

aside from eating smaller portions as people say, getting fiber so you're not hungry when you shouldnt be is a big importance for myself, it really helps.

my biggest problem is procrastination, and as long as i stay on here it really helps that too. just remember, dont try to rationalize your way into a bad decision like cake or eating more than you should ;)
  • JoM_1
    JoM_1 Posts: 1
    Options
    We can do this together! I just joined a half hour ago, so I don't know much about this site. I know several people who use it. I've been overweight my whole life. Six years ago, I had to start using a wheel chair because of back and hip problems. 2 and a half years ago I decided to get serious about losing weight, after several doctors told me they wouldn't do anything to help me with other issues because of my weight. (I decided I was going to show them, I was!) I was 426 pounds. I'm 311 pounds now.

Everyone has given you good advice. First, talk to your doctor, and see if there's anything you shouldn't do. Track everything! It keeps you accountable. Be honest. No one is going to judge you harder than you judge yourself. Eat lots of fiber. (Check the labels on food. When I started, I was only eating about 10 grams of fiber daily. Now I eat 30-45 grams, WITH MY DOCTOR'S PERMISSION.) Drink as much water as you can. Diet soda isn't good for you either. It contains a chemical that may actually cause you to crave sweets. 9I do allow myself one every day though.) Since I'm in a wheelchair, there's not too much I can do for exercise. But I lift hand weights, use resistance bands, move my feet and toes without moving my hips, etc. I do at least 30 minutes every day. If you go out to eat, pick a place where you can get info on the food ahead of time, so you can choose wisely. As someone said, even salad can be bad for you, with the wrong stuff in it.

Please know that you can do this. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE contact someone from this site if you need support. DON'T give up. Take it one minute at a time if you have to. (Tell yourself~ come on, I can do this for one more minute. I'm not a wimp. ) It really does get easier, and becomes a new way of life. And before you know it, you'll have a whole new you to go along with that new life! 8~)
  • bwalters82
    Options
    The reason why this feels so good is because it was hard. Learning how to eat healthy and be active in this society is exceptionally hard, but that's why we do it. We want to feel good, look good and be happy! If my wife and I can do it, I KNOW YOU CAN!
  • wozzy38
    wozzy38 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    welcome! I just finished my second week and love this site....you can do it...start the exercise little by little..start with walking if other workouts are too strenuous...I find this site is great for motivation..shows like the biggest loser and heavy are always good for a boost too..don't give up!
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I know you can do it. Most everyone on here has a story and we all had to take the first step to getting healthy. The healthier you get the happier you will be. Just take your time and you will see results. Don't expect miracles overnight. If you stick with it, in a few months look back and you will see progress. It won't happen fast but you can make it happen. Good luck in your new journey. You've made the first step, now keep on stepping!!
  • cindytetrault
    Options
    Hi--losing weight can be daunting--but I've lost 65 lb and have 45 more to go--right now I'm stuck in the 160's and I keep losing and regaining the same 4 lbs, but I keep going because of my 4 children and my 4 grandchildren. I want to see them graduate and go onto do wonderful things.

I know its scary--it was for me too, but the way I started was changing one habit at a time....anybody can change one habit. I started by learning to drink 8 glasses of water or its substitute a day---I thought I'd never make it but I did. I also made some changes to my diet, like cutting out white bread and replacing it with whoe grain bread and I started moving--a little at first but then more as time went on.

Its a matter of making small changes in your habits that become big changes over time. If you try to make huge changes all at once, it doesn't work as well. Keep yourself motivated by thinking about why you want to lose the weight.....and keep in touch the fact that you reached out is a big deal!

There are sooo many of us out here struggling with the same feelings, working everyday and we are with you. So take a few steps, drink some water instead of soda, change out your menu bit by bit and we'll be here to encourage you along the way.
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hope you find the support here, I have! Friend me if you like, I have lost 74 lb and still have a further lot to go, eat better and move more is my moto!!!! Good luck!
  • JackeeW
    JackeeW Posts: 72
    Options
    Everyone has given you great advice so far! I hope more than anything that you deserve to be happy and to be healthy! Know going into this that you'll have set-backs and days or weeks where you might back-track and don't let those be quitting moments for you. You're human. Just always keep moving forward.

Sit down and write out very small goals for yourself. Where would you like to see your weight one week from now? Two weeks from now? One month from now?

I can't wait to see the progress that you're going to make. Feel free to add me as a friend and we'll motivate one another. Also, feel free to join the new group I just started: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/320412-new-group-20-down-by-halloween-join-now

Good luck.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    You can do this we will help you fight! Ask when you need help we are all here to get you through this and cheer you on.:flowerforyou:
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hei! Your post made me so sad. You can do it. Each pound counts, for every one. We all have our demons to deal with.
    You're only 35, your entire life is ahead of you. Make baby steps and learn from scratch how to fuel yourself. Then your scare will go away and you feel better each day. And you can play with your kids better each day and care for them better, too.

Friend me if you like. We all need support in some ways.
  • tabbycat2223
    Options
    Welcome, we can do this together!!
  • susanrb0823
    Options
    I'm new too...and i love this site. Friend me and we can help each other :)
  • ajfranzen77
    Options
    Hei! Your post made me so sad. You can do it. Each pound counts, for every one. We all have our demons to deal with.
    You're only 35, your entire life is ahead of you. Make baby steps and learn from scratch how to fuel yourself. Then your scare will go away and you feel better each day. And you can play with your kids better each day and care for them better, too.

Friend me if you like. We all need support in some ways.

I posted once before, but saw this and wanted to agree! It feels amazing to run( well I will be running again soon, knee surgery) after my kids when we are outside playing. Seeing the smiles on their faces while we play together keeps me going. We all have bad days when we slip and eat more than we should or eat things we really shouldn't. You just have to blow it off the next day and get back to it! You can do this! Want to do it!