Callling all senors Dec. 11, 2008

Options
CALIECAT
CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
Good morning. Well I lost that 1 lb that show up yesterday.

Just going to hang in there

I know this will work I am just going to be slow. I really do like this food dairy system here..
It has open my eyes a lot. Will keep working on it.

Beatiful day down here in Texas, Had a little blast of winter here the other night
A little snow and a little sleet. All gone when I got up.

HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL YOU SENIORS

Replies

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning. Well I lost that 1 lb that show up yesterday.

Just going to hang in there

I know this will work I am just going to be slow. I really do like this food dairy system here..
    It has open my eyes a lot. Will keep working on it.

Beatiful day down here in Texas, Had a little blast of winter here the other night
    A little snow and a little sleet. All gone when I got up.

HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL YOU SENIORS
  • pkdarlin
    pkdarlin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi CALIECAT, I'm new, just started logging my food yesterday. It is a good way to keep track of things. It's very interesting to find out how much I was eating before I started using the food dairy. I' m also a diabetic. I take Byetta and Medforim. I went 12 years without taking any meds then last year I had to start taking meds. I love to walk and have been walking for about 8 years. Your Jack Russell is cute. I just got me an American Cocker and we are in the pottie training stage right now. He is only 8 weeks old and I have had him for just a week. I'm from Mustang, OK. About 18 miles from Oklahoma City. Hope you have a wonderful day. I don't have my profile made out yet so guess I should get busy.

Pat :flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello, glad to meet you. We just went thru OKCITY Thanksgivimg gonin to visit my husband family in Kansas. Had a nice visit.
    My little Jack Russell name is Sammy. your little puppy is just 8 weeks old. Oh how sweet.
    I love this site and still learning more about it. I used to walk a lot but now my old back and legs wont let me walk far.My walking at Walmart is jusst about my limit Marie
  • pkdarlin
    pkdarlin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi, glad to hear from you. My little dogs name is Toby. He is so attached to me, he just follows me everywhere.

I had a very busy day today. My granddaughters birthday was today and I made her a dinner then we had cake. Yes, I had cake. It was not on my plan today but I don't think I did to bad. Sometimes it is so hard not to have something when everyone else is eating it. I think that is my biggest down fall. I hope you had a wonderful day. I'm going to bed now, I'm so tired after cooking that big meal.

Pat :yawn:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey I am a "Happy Camper" My Dallas cowboys won there game tonight againts the New yYork Gaints. Good jpb boys.

I am still making Christmas cards. Just have a few more to do. This is a nice hobby.

I think this site is the best. I :heart: useing the food dairy.. It gets easier everyday.

We had a very nice warm day Had to turn the fan on .

Hope you are all doing fine:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    HOWDY FRIENDS :love: Thats a nice name for your little puppy. Toby.

How are things in OK.:huh:

So nice to hear from you again:bigsmile:

Just heard it was 79% here today. no wonder we had to turn the fan on:glasses:

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello to all you Seniors,
    Have a happy and safe day.
    Christmas is getting so close. Don't know if I am ready for it or not.
    I love Christmas with all the family together.
    On the news this I saw after a high of 79% yesterday the high for today is only gonna be 35%. Quite a drop. cold again tomorrow and then temp will rise again.
    Time to go grab breakfast, see you later
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning,
    It's cold outside in. Dallas, Texas We got a light coating of ice on the roads . And occording to TV people are having a rough time out on the roads.
    But me I am home and staarted my day off with a bowl of steel cut oatmeal. that warm my soul up.
    My husbband and I have nothing plan todaay. Just stay home and keep warm.

Hope that all you Seniors Stay warm too.

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    GOOD MORNING ALL,

LOVELY DAY HERE AFTER A COLD AND DREARY DAY YESTERDAY/ iTS STILL DREARY BUT NOT AS COLD.
    i HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO LOSE BUT JUST 1 LB IN THE LAST 3 WEEKS AND i HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CHANGE MY CALORIES DOWN TO 1OOO ON MY FOOD CHART BUT HAVE NOT FOUND OUT HOW.
    ITS IS SET AT 1210 NOW AND i WANT IT FOR 1000. FOR i AM UNABLE TO BURN CALORIES FOR LACK OF EXERCISE.

DOSE ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO RESET IT?
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning Seniors,

I listen to the advise of Beth and others who told me I need to up my calories and I did to 1300 a day and guess what I drop a lb. this morning. thanks to all who posted. This site is the greatest.

Foggy morning outside but warmer.

No plans for today but give this house a good cleaning.

See you guys tomorrow :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker:

Marie
  • jeffrey71
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Got a big ice storm coming today so it will be a mess soon! Congrats on the loss Calie. Keep it up!Everyone ready for Christmas? We will have both the daughters home Saturday. I can't wait! I think that I have dropped 2 more pounds this week but I am waiting until Saturday for the weight check.

Have a great day!

Jeffrey
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Jeffrey,
    so glad you dropped in. Have been wondering about you. Nice to see you back.
    I have been working on my menues, it is hard to keep your calories up and keep your carbs in line too. At least it is to me.
    But I will keep working on it till I get it right.
    Marie
  • jeffrey71
    Options
    Marie,

Good to hear back from you too. Just hang in there. Pick up your exercise as best you can. A little more walking will make a difference. Do you do any strength training at all? It is really good for all aspects of physical well being. It doesn't have to be excessive to generate benefits. Good for the bones too! Have a good evening! Stay in touch!

Jeffrey

By the way, due to some German Chocolate cake and an inherant weakness on my part for cake, I have used all my calories for the day, so I will have to work out extra tonight if I want supper! LOL
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey Jeffery. I hear you on that Chocolate Cake. I got to make a Texas Sheet cake for Christmas My kids faverite and mine too. I will have a small piece and if any left will leave it behind . After My husband get him aa big hunk of it to take home. So far I don't sneak into his.

I have learn to have a Tablespoon of this and a Tablespoon of that at these big dinners and I don't do to bad and drink lots of water.

I am having French toast this morning for breakfast.

Could you explain some strengt training I can do? Be my coach, I would aprreciate it. I will look it up on the web and see what I can find.

Your friend ---Marie

PS I did order me Please Be Seated tape for Seniors off the web Just now. I should get it around Jan. 6. Thanks so much for you help.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jeffrey71
    Options
    Calie,

I sent you an email with a couple of ideas for you. I will see what I can find for a workout plan for you.

Jeffrey
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks--Jeffrey
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning all you seniors Pals.

Another beatiful day here, but a cold front is coming in tonight but no wet stuff.

I have a Dallas Cowboy game to wacht tonight. Always look forward to that. Win or lose:yawn: :yawn:

I got in a little exercise yeaterday, Walk around the block with my Walker that has a seat and I had to stop and rest serveal times. For some reason my ankle was both hurting and of couse my back and legs. But I made it. Will go again before the cold front hit. Also did some weight lifting with my 2 lbs weights. Pretty good for an old woman like me.

I had a nice breakfast of eggs , Whole grains english muffinwith diet jelly and low calorie margarin spread and 2 cuties tangerines. That should las me till lunch time. Which will be tuna and zucchinie. Don't know about tonight.

I got a lovely E-Mail Christmas card this morning. It was so cute. from a dear friend.

Dh and Sammy has gone for there morning walk.
  • jeffrey71
    Options
    Good for you Calie! Keep it up! I am very proud of you. It sounds like you pushed yourself just enough!
    We are getting ready to go pick up our oldest daughter at the Detroit Airport. It will be great to have both of them home for Christmas! I just posted a 2# loss for this week! Did 2 hours of yoga last night and it was a killer! I am still sore!

Weather is still crappy here, 22 degrees with more ice on the ground and in trees than you can imagine. Our best friends have not had power for going on 2 days now, but they have geneators so it could be worse.

Everyone have a great Saturday!

Jeffrey
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Jeffrey Be careful out on the roads. How far is it to the airport.? I know your wife and you will have a lovely time with your daughters. Family time is the best.

Great on your loss. Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning all you seniors.

I did 15 minuets using 2 lbs 0f weights. yesterday. Gonna try to work it up longer.

Jeffrey~~~hope you and your family made it home from the airport safe and sound.. Nasty weather up there. I can hardly wait to get my exercise tape.

we need to start a Senior exercise thread.

My Dallas cowboys lost last night. What a shame. don't know what their problems is.

HAVE A NICE SUNDAY