Perfect 10 Buddy Club 12-11

Options
Good morning to all my buddies! Hope every one had a good yesterday.
I was proud of myself for doing my stregth training exercises. I got home and was tired and just wanted to veg out infront of the TV. I decided I needed to at least stretch my muscles and do situps so I started with that.
Still feeling tired I almost talked myself out of it, but decided to throw in some lunges. Once I got started I was okay and found enough energy to do all my other exercises.
Whew! I almost ditched my exercise for the day, that was a close one.

I ate healthy and got in more than enough water for the day.

Today after work I do my run/walk program at the park.

Have a good day!

Replies

• gynuwyne
    gynuwyne Posts: 132
    Options
    Good morning to all my buddies! Hope every one had a good yesterday.
    I was proud of myself for doing my stregth training exercises. I got home and was tired and just wanted to veg out infront of the TV. I decided I needed to at least stretch my muscles and do situps so I started with that.
    Still feeling tired I almost talked myself out of it, but decided to throw in some lunges. Once I got started I was okay and found enough energy to do all my other exercises.
    Whew! I almost ditched my exercise for the day, that was a close one.

I ate healthy and got in more than enough water for the day.

Today after work I do my run/walk program at the park.

Have a good day!
  • OctoberBabe
    OctoberBabe Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Morning All

I need help. I have not done good at all this week. I have tried to stay within my calories but it hasnt been with good for you foods. I have probably went over an average of 200 - 400 calories each day and with one meal being fast food each day. Now I have tried to make the best choices but we are talking about fast food. Between shopping and events and getting ready for the events I havent been able to exercise none this week. I try everyday and every meal but fail. Just hoping now that I can just maintain the 2 lbs lose till after the holidays. I just want to :sad:
  • saryann79
    saryann79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Genuwyne - HOORAY for you!!!!

October - food has been a real struggle for me too, lately. This is a hard time of the year - so much to do, so little time... and so many good foods to tempt you every day! I wish I had advise for this, but I'll be watching all day to see if someone does have any advise for us!

I was up at 5 at the gym this morning - I've managed to be pretty consistent with this. My goal is to go daily Monday through Friday. I've only missed one day - this Monday. I've found that if I can get myself out of bed, that is the biggest hurdle. Yesterday, when it was soooo cold and I couldn't get my car unthawed fast enough (I go to my hospital's cardiac rehab gym - we have to be out of there by 6:15 am so our patients can get in), but I thought - well, you're already up and dressed, no point in trying to go back to sleep, and did a Biggest Loser DVD. This, my friends, is a HUGE hurdle for me! Exercise has always been the hardest thing for me. But if I can get it out of the way before my day even starts, I'm golden, no excuses to make up for the rest of the day. And, I've accomplished a goal by 6:15 am! As for the "I feel so great after I exercise, I miss it when I don't do it," I'm not quite there - I'd still MUCH rather be sleeping!

So, in keeping with my "baby steps," I have been working on making exercise a habit. Two weeks is almost over, so my plan beginning Monday is to add in the diet changes that I KNOW I need to make. My rationale is that I have always been able to more or less stick to diet changes, but have never successfully added exercise into my routine. So this time, I started there. Of course, making any of these changes during the holidays is a STRETCH, but I plan to be realistic and not deprive myself while not using the two weeks before and after the holiday as an excuse to binge for weeks.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    So what does it take to get into this Perfect 10 Buddy Club? :smile:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hi gang! Still out of town, but checking in to say hi:smile: Got a really busy morning so I will try to stop back in a little later. Take care everyone and have a happy, healthy day:drinker:

~Roni
  • saryann79
    saryann79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Corinthians - Welcome! It doesn't take anything except that you'd like to be! We are just a group of members that have all banded together to have a support group here to count on each day (and to be accountable to!). We're the Perfect 10's because it sounded good, and because I begged some people to join me in this journey, and I am trying to get through this in baby steps, and my goal is to lose 10 pounds at a time.

We're glad you're here!
  • 1Corinthians13
    Options
    Thanks Sary!

Baby steps is good - I'll be rooting for you!

Yesterday wasn't my best day. I ate well until the evening when I shared a bottle and a half of wine with my husband. I try not to do that, and when I know I'm going to have a glass or two in the evening, I work out harder or leave room for the calories. I didn't plan on drinking so much last night...but it happens I guess. I also wasn't able to run as far as I normally do. I was too emotionally exhausted.

Today will be better at the gym. Yesterday I used the gym at work, but I've noticed I have more motivation when I go to the gym I pay for every month. Not sure if it's the fact that I pay for it or the fact that there are so many more people and so many of them seem so fit and healthy...that's pretty motivating. Plus, I see someone running and thinkg, "I can run longer than you!" even if I can't. It's a challenge.
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. Today it's raining outside and all I want to do is go to sleep. So, I got in all of my water yesterday and have had three glasses thus far today...so if I can just not pick up anything when I'm in the kitchen getting my water I'll be good to go! My heart was hurting last night, so I didn't do any cardio, but I did ab work, leg work and weights. It was about an hour of random exercises that I do sometimes. My heart is feeling better today (I have neuro-cardiogenic syncope...not fun) so, I'm hoping to be motivated enough to go to the gym and do the elliptical tonight. I may do an exercise video, but my boyfriend is there and since it's raining he won't be taking the dog to the park so he'll be in our tiny apartment. Anyway, motivation to go to the gym tonight is what I'm hoping for. Otherwise I guess I'll just try to stay within my calorie limit. I've been doing pretty good about that.

Oh, the fast food issue. I tend to want something quick on my way home and have struggled with this a lot. However, I watched Super Size me and now go and grab something from a fast food place less often. The movie shows in a very real manner what eating that food does to our bodies. It's not pretty. So, when I'm just going to grab a bite because I don't want to fix something, I remember that movie.....
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Well, yesterday was my bad day. I had a dentist appointment at the time I usually go to the gym. Remember now I have only started going to the gym beginning November 17th so this is my baby step. I thought I would go to the gym in the evening but that did not happen. It was cold, damp and dreary and felt just like staying in the warm house. Then I proceeded to eat Cape Cod Baked 40% reduced Fat chips, with Tostitoes spinach dip. I must have ate 500 calories which put me 300 calories over because I did not workout.

I was not happy with myself. It seem like every time I am at the point of losing more then 20lbs I destroy my chances. Well, NOT THIS TIME. Today I am on track, back at the gym and I put in my calories b/4 I plan to eat them.

Gynuwyne, Great Job. Keep it up.

Octoberbabe just keep at it. I have been on MFP for about 10 months and I am not going to give up just don’t. Keep on getting back on track.

Saryann…Thank You so much for starting this Buddy Club. It is great. I so look forward to reading and chiming in.

Corinthians. Welcome and keep coming back

Nonibug “Roni” You also have a great day.

To MFP friends we can do it with baby steps.

Kathy

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • plantlady99
    Options
    abs
    I have only had fast food once during the past 10 months. I know that has helped. I think I ate fast food 4xs a week b/4. No more fast food for me.

44118.png
  • gynuwyne
    Options
    Time to get back on the "Wagon". I know you can do it if you put your mind to it.

So your out doing a lot of shopping. How bout on those days, you pack a lunch to take with you instead of stopping for take out? You will save a butt load of calories. Nothing wrong with packing a lunch and snacks.

How about adding a salad as one of your meals? Thats a light meal and saves even more calories.

Also, try not to bring sweets into the home. Whatever your sweet toother is, leave outside the home. If your family memebers enjoy those type of snacks, they can purchase them while they are out.

Hang in there.
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Time to get back on the "Wagon". I know you can do it if you put your mind to it.

So your out doing a lot of shopping. How bout on those days, you pack a lunch to take with you instead of stopping for take out? You will save a butt load of calories. Nothing wrong with packing a lunch and snacks.

How about adding a salad as one of your meals? Thats a light meal and saves even more calories.

Also, try not to bring sweets into the home. Whatever your sweet toother is, leave outside the home. If your family memebers enjoy those type of snacks, they can purchase them while they are out.

Hang in there.

Great advice. I'm eating my salad as I type lol

Plus, you save some $$$$ bringing your own lunch or snaks
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Morning buddies! Just a fly by posting, heading to the doctor for my podiatry app! Good luck today! :flowerforyou:

Drink water!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Morning buddies! Just a fly by posting, heading to the doctor for my podiatry app! Good luck today! :flowerforyou:

Another problem of mine I have to drink more water.
  • gynuwyne
    Options

I love this baby picture! I havea simular one of my daughter when she was 3yrs. ridding in the car eating a blue candy cane. I turned around and looked at her and her mouth was covered in blue! My little smurf. :tongue:
  • gis35
    gis35 Posts: 54
    Options
    hi buddies

welcome to the group corinthians, it will be a pleasure to have you along on this jouney:wink:

i'm at the point where my body actually craves for exercise.although i do slip ocassionaly with the diet, i make up for it with the activity, my workout this morning was brutal, but i felt really good afterwards.

so don't beat yourself up octoberbabe, we all have those days:flowerforyou:

over and out:wink:
  • gynuwyne
    Options
    Thanks Sary!

Baby steps is good - I'll be rooting for you!

Yesterday wasn't my best day. I ate well until the evening when I shared a bottle and a half of wine with my husband. I try not to do that, and when I know I'm going to have a glass or two in the evening, I work out harder or leave room for the calories. I didn't plan on drinking so much last night...but it happens I guess. I also wasn't able to run as far as I normally do. I was too emotionally exhausted.

Today will be better at the gym. Yesterday I used the gym at work, but I've noticed I have more motivation when I go to the gym I pay for every month. Not sure if it's the fact that I pay for it or the fact that there are so many more people and so many of them seem so fit and healthy...that's pretty motivating. Plus, I see someone running and thinkg, "I can run longer than you!" even if I can't. It's a challenge.

Welcome to the club! Glad to have you. :drinker:

We all need days to just to kick back and forget about it. No worries.

I know what you mean about the gym. It pushes you to try harder b/c you don't want to be the first one to get off the machine and look like a wimp, and you want to be better than the person next to you! Great motivation.
  • 1Corinthians13
    Options

Another problem of mine I have to drink more water.

Me too. It makes the workouts rough and shorter than they could be.
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    So, I'm super excited right now! Time to celebrate! I've had 8 glasses of water and still have the evening to drink more. I'm so excited right now. I've never finished all of my required glasses of water before I was done with work!
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Finally drank 12 cups of water today.
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

44118.png