Just looked at Before/After pictures now I have a question f

Options
2»

Replies

• randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    OK, LOL, im back in the room

randi, as we age, it really does get harder. Thats why while were still relatively young, its important to get to a goal weight and stick to it. My Dr said its really really hard to lose weight when we enter our golden years, as well as all the medical issues we will have when we do, ie, diabetes, high blood pressure, gout, arthritic joints and knees that need to be replaced.
    For me, I ve allowed a few treats , here and there and dont throw in the towel if Ive gained one pound. Again, I only used to use a small mirror that I shave in front of to guage my physical look., I never used a regular mirror

I think the key to sucess for this is to realize you are a human, and as humans we make mistakes, this included.....I am almost at my goal, Im stuck in a plateua, but like I told one lady who has lost 105, look how far youve come.........I also kept some of my old clothes, thats the number one motivator in my life.........that scale can go in the trash, my true guage of my weight loss sucess is the fact that I work out 6 days a week, and that I am in excellent heath.......again, read my bio, it tells how things used to be. I ll never go to that black hole I was living in... Take care and best wishes........Lloyd

Thank you! I think one of my biggest downfalls is that when I mess up or gain a pound I kind of get the who gives a crap attitude I've already blew it, then I blow it some more. It's hard because my husband and family around me can basically eat whatever they want and get away with it. Thanks for your motivation and support! Congrats on your success, 150 pounds is amazing!!!
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I agree about strength training, you won't bulk and you'll tone and have a good after burn of cals

Thanks for the tips! I am going to look into some strength training DVD's as I have NO extra time to make it to the gym these days. I do however have a treadmill so I have been doing well with my cardio as of lately.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!