They all but shoved it down my throat!

13»

Replies

• lotus_eater
    lotus_eater Posts: 11 Member
    I'm team No thank you. You do not have to give an excuse or lie. No thank you should be sufficient with someone who respects boundaries. If no is not good enough, ask them why they have a problem with your refusal.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    First, own your choices. You decide to eat the food. I get that you were pressured. Second, try to frame things in a way that empowers you. Posting a topic titled "they all but shoved it down my throat!" is already giving away your power.

It may be semantics (and maybe you don't care), but posting the same story where you described eating dessert that was offered with a lot of pressure, owning it was your choice, but asking for ways to make a better choice next time does two things: it empowers you to make a different choice next time, and allows people to give you feedback in that context (what *you* can do next time).

Unless you never go outside, never turn on the TV, never browser the web, never listen to the radio, you will have pressure to eat bad stuff. Get used to it. Look for ways to get past it. You can do that. Stop focusing on other people and look at what YOU can do. You've already lost 32 pounds, so I am confident you can do this. Own your choices. Be strong.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Throw the desert on the floor and stomp on it while screaming "Help! POISON!! I need an adult!!!"

I bet no one is EVER so rude as to offer you a desert again.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    You can easily say no....as I'm sitting here at work, about 15ft away is a big ol bag of random candy that I've been walking past all day. I told the lady that put it there that it was 'a big bag of evil' lol
  • Aw, she was just trying to share something she enjoyed w you. I *highly* doubt that it was meant to be controlling or rude. If you can look at it from that angle and appreciate her thought behind it, just say something along the lines of, "I know, Joan is an amazing baker isn't she?!" She may just agree, rave about it for a second, reiterate how much you should try it, and wander back to her desk. Just wanted you to try it bc she thought it was amazing. You can share in the sentiment with her, without sharing the calories with her. No harm, no foul. :)
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    allergy! always works.