lots and lots of breasts

Options
2»

Replies

• beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOVE THIS! But watch the sodium :o)

Hungry Girl - Nacho-rific Stuffed Chicken

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup fat-free refried beans
    1/4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
    4 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese
    1/2 cup Fiber One bran cereal (original)
    8 low-fat baked tortilla chips (like the kind by Guiltless Gourmet), crushed
    1 tsp. dry taco seasoning mix
    2 dashes cayenne pepper, or more to taste
    Four 5-oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast cutlets, pounded to 1/3-inch thickness
    1/4 cup taco sauce
    Optional toppings: fat-free sour cream and/or salsa

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.

To make the filling, combine beans, shredded cheese, and cheese wedges in a bowl. Mix thoroughly and set aside.

Using a blender or food processor, grind Fiber One cereal to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Remove blender from base, and add crushed chips, taco seasoning, and cayenne pepper. With the lid on, give it a good shake to mix. Transfer crumb mixture to a plate and set aside.

Lay cutlets flat on a clean, dry surface. Spoon filling onto the centers of the cutlets, evenly dividing it among them. Carefully roll each cutlet up over the filling (which may ooze a little, but don't worry!) and secure with toothpicks.

Cover each stuffed cutlet with 1 tbsp. taco sauce, using the back of the spoon or your fingers to coat. Carefully roll each cutlet in the crumb mixture, making sure to coat all sides -- use a spoon or your fingers, if needed. Gently transfer to the baking pan.

Cover the pan with foil, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.

Carefully remove foil, and bake in the oven for another 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and outsides are crispy.

Let cool slightly and, if you like, serve with sour cream and/or salsa. Enjoy!

MAKES 4 SERVINGS

Calories etc per serving? Sounds interesting and the one Hungry Girl recipe I made was quite good. (Mini turkey and veggie meatloafs).

I'm pretty sure it's in the database. It's around 270 cals and a HUGE portion! I'm a big fan of Hungry Girl, mostly because the food makes me feel like I'm eating like a child... I love that.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Ok here's another super easy one from South Beach. This is an easy favorite of ours. Enjoy!

Chicken Breasts Stuffd with Spinach and Goat Cheese

4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
    2 garlic cloves minced
    1 (1/2 lb) bunch spinach, stems removed
    4-6 oz. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    4 oz. Low fat goat cheese
    Salt and freshly ground pepper

Heat oven to 400 degrees.
    Heat. 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large oven proof skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in spinach and cook, stirring constantly, until spinach is wilted and liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes. Season well and transfer to a plate. Wipe skillet dry with paper towels.

Beginning at the thickest end of the chicken breast, carefully insert a sharp knife into center and cut a pocket as evenly as possible, leaving a 1 inch border on three sides. Repeat with remaining breasts. Open each po ket, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then fill evenly with goat cheese and spinach. Seal each with two toothpicks and season with salt and pepper.

Heat remaining oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until well browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer skillet to the oven and bake until juices run clear, about 8 minutes. Serve hot.

Servings-4
    Calories-280
    Fat-10g
    Sat fat-3G
    Protein-42g
    Carbs-3g
    Fiber-1g
    Sodium-390mg
  • saadler
    saadler Posts: 116
    Options
    I'm new to cooking chicken, but I've found that I am most comfortable with cutting it up into chunks. With chicken in chunk form, all you have to do is add some sort of sauce and veggies or something to make it have some flavor, and then put it over rice, pasta, kasha, couscous, whatever kind of grain you want!

Tonight I made my boyfriend chicken with orange ginger sauce over white rice. It was really filling and pretty low cal. I would have loved to add broccoli or fresh green beans but he doesn't like broccoli and green beans are expensive lately :(

I recently bought a Moroccan apricot cilantro sauce and some couscous from World Market. When I go home later this week, I'm going to make chicken with the sauce and the couscous for my mom.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    bump! would love some ideas as well!!
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    bumping for the crock pot recipe :)
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm new to cooking chicken, but I've found that I am most comfortable with cutting it up into chunks. With chicken in chunk form, all you have to do is add some sort of sauce and veggies or something to make it have some flavor, and then put it over rice, pasta, kasha, couscous, whatever kind of grain you want!

I do a lot of that sort of free style chunk chicken cooking too. A few nights ago it was chunks of chicken sauteed in a little olive oil with onion, red bell pepper, garlic, broccoli, and alfredo sauce and served over quinoa. I'm new to quinoa and didn't really know what to do with it, so I just pretended it was rice. Not bad.