• suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    still cheaper in ireland than in england
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    violin.gif

Everyone in the US count yourselves lucky. I worked out the exchange rates and at the moment here in Ireland we're paying an average of, wait for:

US$8.15 per gallon.

Eh, Ireland isn't "big"

What does the size of the country have to do with the price of gas? Try living over here and pay the prices we pay for everything

:huh:

On average Americans drive more b/c of the size of states. 5 hours in Ireland would put me in the ocean, it's just about halfway across my state.
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Lol at americans' surprise at how much gas actually costs outside of the US..
    If gas ever hit $10/gallon (like some in Europe) America would no doubt occupy Saudi arabia
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    still cheaper in ireland than in england
    Yeah. at current exchange rates it is about US$9.50 for a US gallon in England.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

On average Americans drive more b/c of the size of states. 5 hours in Ireland would put me in the ocean, it's just about halfway across my state.

I still say what does the size of the country have to do with anything with it? Just as a comparison, what is your average annual mileage (how many miles do you drive a year)?
  • Michellerw1
    Options
    I have to agree with everyone from Europe...it seems like gas is pricey but we are lucky here. I only drive a few days a week and ride my bike the rest, but if I had to pay upwards of $8/gallon? I'd be biking every day...
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    $4.80 in the UK
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    last week I paid and arm and this week a leg and the coming week im sure which body part I would have left.
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    eehhh
    it was $3.44 today. I HATE buying gas. I swear my gas light is always on. :(
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    last week I paid and arm and this week a leg and the coming week im sure which body part I would have left.

They are going to start just going straight for firstborn children soon.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options

They are going to start just going straight for firstborn children soon.

No kidding! Followed by parents and grandparents.
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    3.78 in in Long Island and thats the no name brand!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I paid $3.15 / gallon at Costco in Tucson a couple of days ago. I'm definitely not complaining.
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    here in Edinburgh, Scotland it's about GBP 5.14 per gallon = ~ USD 8.49
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options

I still say what does the size of the country have to do with anything with it? Just as a comparison, what is your average annual mileage (how many miles do you drive a year)?
    Have to agree - the size of the country doesn't really matter with the price of gas except if you drive for a living, or you're driving across your state on a regular basis. I drive a 2004 Honda CRV and average less than 10,000 miles a year. My commute to work is less than 15 minutes, so my gas use is very low compared to some in much larger urban areas. I would probably change my driving habits even more if I had to pay the prices those in Europe are paying, but I also have very limited public transportation, so I choose to drive almost all the time when I need to go somewhere or am going on a vacation.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    violin.gif

Everyone in the US count yourselves lucky. I worked out the exchange rates and at the moment here in Ireland we're paying an average of, wait for:

US$8.15 per gallon.

Eh, Ireland isn't "big"

What does the size of the country have to do with the price of gas? Try living over here and pay the prices we pay for everything

:huh:

do you drive across the whole state a lot of the time then?
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Lol at americans' surprise at how much gas actually costs outside of the US..
    If gas ever hit $10/gallon (like some in Europe) America would no doubt occupy Saudi arabia

:laugh: I laugh, and then I realize it's true. :cry:
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Here (eastern germany) it's about 1,55 euro/liter
    1 gallon = 3.79 liters, so 1 gallon = 5.87 euro/gallon

1 euro = $1.44
    so 1 gallon costs $8.46 USD.

But I bike or take the train :laugh:
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Port Angeles/Sequim (WA) - ranges from 3.59 - 3.65 at the cheap places. I saw a 3.79... I don't get gas at that station.

p.s. I drive 40 mi. per day (64.37km) just to/from work. Add more for any errands that have to be run.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    3.49 in jacksonville florida but I only paid 3.254
    thanks winn dixie fuel perks