Do you weigh in with your shoes on or off? Opinions needed!

Options
2»

Replies

• BuffTexan
    BuffTexan Posts: 270
    Options
    I don't have a scale at home on purpose. I'd obsess and be on it constantly, checking, "oh, I'm up a 1/2 lb, I'm down 1/2 lb!" and "is it water? Have I gained" yadda d yadda d yadda d. So, weigh in at gym, and try to only do it once a week.
    As everyone said, consistency is key. :smile: I just disagree with weighing yourself once a week. I prefer a daily "snapshot" of where I am, gives me a range to work with. So, if you weigh yourself once a week, how do you know you're not weighing extra water weight? What about a bowel movement prior to weigh-in? Too many variables to do it once a week IMHO.
  • alexsgal
    alexsgal Posts: 35
    Options
    I weigh at home in my bathroom, either in bra and panties or butt naked... I have even taken off my clothes to weigh and then put them back on.

so that would be shoes OFF for me

yeah i do the same thing
  • epoint
    epoint Posts: 88
    Options
    Well, I use my Crocs as my slippers, so I weigh every morning in my jammies and Crocs. Shoes on for me, just because I'm too sleepy to make any adjustments. Plus Crocs don't weigh much anyway.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning at home butt naked after I've peed:)
  • msmandyjo
    msmandyjo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale at home on purpose. I'd obsess and be on it constantly, checking, "oh, I'm up a 1/2 lb, I'm down 1/2 lb!" and "is it water? Have I gained" yadda d yadda d yadda d. So, weigh in at gym, and try to only do it once a week.
    As everyone said, consistency is key. :smile: I just disagree with weighing yourself once a week. I prefer a daily "snapshot" of where I am, gives me a range to work with. So, if you weigh yourself once a week, how do you know you're not weighing extra water weight? What about a bowel movement prior to weigh-in? Too many variables to do it once a week IMHO.

I weigh daily for this reason... I'm trying not to stress the day to day fluctuations too much, BUT if i were to weigh in once a week, and say, it looked like I'd gained 3 lbs that week... that would haunt me all week until my next weigh in, but day to day, I can keep track of the moving trend, and if it's up a little, I don't worry about it too much unless it's up consecutively. BUT, overall, I'm TRYING not to stress the numbers on the scale too much... but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop looking at them either
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options

I weigh daily for this reason... I'm trying not to stress the day to day fluctuations too much, BUT if i were to weigh in once a week, and say, it looked like I'd gained 3 lbs that week... that would haunt me all week until my next weigh in, but day to day, I can keep track of the moving trend, and if it's up a little, I don't worry about it too much unless it's up consecutively. BUT, overall, I'm TRYING not to stress the numbers on the scale too much... but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop looking at them either
    i do it daily too...every morning...i dont stress out about the fluctuations though.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Shoes off, because I have a scale that measures bmi etc, so it needs contact with bare skin to send its little electrical pulses and work out how much of me is water and how much is fat :smile:
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    No shoes- no anything! :)
  • BeeRod527
    BeeRod527 Posts: 104
    Options
    Shoes off and naked after the first trip to the bathroom
  • jeffsgal105
    jeffsgal105 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how you weigh as long as you do it the same everytime. So I would wait a day and weigh like you usually do. :)

THIS!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I weigh in completely nekkid. Some of the prudes at the doctors office get 'huffy' about it, but they can kiss my..
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    "No shoes- no anything! :)"

Me too !!