Substitute for a double cheeseburger?

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    There is no substitute. It's tastes the way it does because it's made that way. Which is why I have at least one cheeseburger a week from McD's.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Some people get the kids size burger. . ... . my recommendation if you want to eat one make it at home with 4-7% beef.

I quit eating it altogether. . . but I do like a cheeseburger so I eat a boca with cheese. . . . or any morning star. . .they have such great flavors. . I like their basil pizza burger. . . or portabella burger. . .
    Yummy. . .
    I eat a Morningstar "burger" for lunch all the time. With one of those slimwich buns and a slice of cheese it comes in at 320 Cal -- MORE than the single cheese from McD. The ratios are obviously better, and it's a good-tasting, filling sandwich, but it's not a McD burger and the OP said she was "craving" a McD burger. My only point here is that she can satisfy that craving without blowing his her completely out of the water.

ETA: changed he's to she's
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Some people get the kids size burger. . ... . my recommendation if you want to eat one make it at home with 4-7% beef.

I quit eating it altogether. . . but I do like a cheeseburger so I eat a boca with cheese. . . . or any morning star. . .they have such great flavors. . I like their basil pizza burger. . . or portabella burger. . .
    Yummy. . .
    I eat a Morningstar "burger" for lunch all the time. With one of those slimwich buns and a slice of cheese it comes in at 320 Cal -- MORE than the single cheese from McD. The ratios are obviously better, and it's a good-tasting, filling sandwich, but it's not a McD burger and the OP said she was "craving" a McD burger. My only point here is that she can satisfy that craving without blowing his her completely out of the water.

ETA: changed he's to she's

Which is why I said you can get a kids sized burger. . I like to offer more than one option when giving advice. . Sometimes people hear something they hadn't ever thought of. . . Just me. . .

I go with the latter because it is healthier. . as we know from looking at diaries and helping people. . . it isn't always the amount of calories, but what someone is consuming within those calories. . .

But with that said. . if you have a treat once a week. . . it won't blow you out of the water. . .or like one person said you can also leave off part of the bun. . the other thing when going out is either have no sauce or ask for some on the side. . this also cuts your calorie count down a lot. . . Then you still get your burger fix. . .
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You probably wont like this, but I have a GREAT alternative to maccy D's which tastes just like it.

Heres it goes:

+ 2x Quorn frozen burgers (70kcals each) - trust me, I'm a meat eater through and through, but these taste delish and there is no great BEEF alternative!!
    + Then I buy warburtons sliced buns only 140kcals each
    + Dairylea thick cheese slices 40ish kcals - again, super yum!
    + Dollop of reduced salt, reduce sugar heinz ketchup - 15kcals
    + sliced gherkin - less than 5kcals

I have this with homemade sweet potato fries, covered in 1kcal spray oil and baked on high heat, served with hellmanns light mayo - best meal ever!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    single cheeseburger?

This.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    You probably wont like this, but I have a GREAT alternative to maccy D's which tastes just like it.

Heres it goes:

+ 2x Quorn frozen burgers (70kcals each) - trust me, I'm a meat eater through and through, but these taste delish and there is no great BEEF alternative!!
    + Then I buy warburtons sliced buns only 140kcals each
    + Dairylea thick cheese slices 40ish kcals - again, super yum!
    + Dollop of reduced salt, reduce sugar heinz ketchup - 15kcals
    + sliced gherkin - less than 5kcals

I have this with homemade sweet potato fries, covered in 1kcal spray oil and baked on high heat, served with hellmanns light mayo - best meal ever!

That sounds really good. . Thank you for the suggestion.
  • jminette
    jminette Posts: 81
    Options
    maybe a veggie burger or turkey burger? may have less cals and better for you than the beef mcdonalds has.
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

Heres it goes:

That sounds really good. . Thank you for the suggestion.

It is so lovely, I've given them to more than 5 different people without mentioning that its Quorn and they've all loved it ... only thing is that the high levels of fiber in Quorn take a bit of getting used to! xx
  • PenTool
    PenTool Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I agree with Stephski07. If you're craving a cheeseburger, have it! Just don't double-down, be sure to log it in your diary, and try to remain on course with you daily goals. A regular McDonald's cheeseburger has:

Cals: 300
    Fat: 12 grams
    Protein: 15 grams
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    all things in moderation, this is a lifestyle change and it will take time before you loose the cravings for mcdonalds, have your burger,add it into your calories for the day THEN work it off with a good workout, you have to earn it.

dont deprive yourself its ok once in a while to have a burger learn from it and keep it moving :)