is it really worth it to buy a Wii?

Options
the fitness games seem cool! Do any of you use it as a regular part of your workout?

Replies

• Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i love my wii!! i do wii zumba. i want to get some more games though. its also a good option for my kids so they are not just sitting playing video games.... it gets them up and moving
  • JWoodyard07
    JWoodyard07 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Wii!!! I have the Wii Fit, Wii Active, and my Weight Loss Coach! Love them all. Especially the Wii Active. I have been using it everyday for about an hour and burn roughly 300-450 calories! I would say it is well worth it!
  • Tracey_Tee
    Tracey_Tee Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii ! I also do Zumba on the Wii ! I also use the Wii Fit Plus for the Free Step and Boxing etc. It is fantastic to get kids exercising without them even realising it !
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i use wii fit plus as a workout i do free jogging 1hr at atime i alos love hula hoop and step plus for a workout the games are fun as well and it tells you how many calories you burn based on height and weight which i love its the one thing im consistant with and ive lost all my weight usuing it so if you are going to use it as an exercise daily yes its worth it if you like alot of variety it may not be the thing for you
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i do. i have ea sport more workouts, personal trainer (ea sport), your shape with jenny mcarthy and wii fit plus with balance board. i cant afford a gym so i use my wii. i love it.
  • ahalla
    ahalla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I bought one and got the biggest loser game, but I just don't get all sweaty and that is what I like. I would say some of the exercises were good and I felt it the next day, but something about working out to a video game just wasn't my thing...however, I had a friend that lost close to 40lbs using the same thing I bought and she loved it.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I think its def time i invested in one!
  • ellie403
    ellie403 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have one, but absolutely hate working out at home, so I use it as a last resort if I can't get to the gym. The Wii Fit board comes with yoga, strength, and cardio games/selections, but there's lots of down time in between activities - not really a good workout, per say. I have Zumba too - that really is fun, and it gets your heart rate up there. There is a disc you can get with a band that goes on your arm or leg that the wiimote sits in - I want to say ESA Active something or other - I've heard that's pretty good. Seems like a lot of money to me - I'd just buy good workout DVD's, unless you have kids, then it's worth a shot.
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    The Wii is great but it's older technology. XBox Kinect is better, newer technology but I must admit that I haven't used it for fitness yet.
  • BreezyDays
    BreezyDays Posts: 292
    Options
    I like to use it. My daughter bought me the Wii Fit Plus and it really helped me get started with losing weight. The aerobic step and boxing brings on the sweat. The dancing games when you put the effort into it will burn the calories and there are many other fitness games out there, helps add variety to your workout so you and your body dont get bored.
  • Lantern823
    Lantern823 Posts: 115
    Options
    The Wii is WONDERFUL!! highly recommend it
  • Skepti_Kal_1
    Skepti_Kal_1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The Wii Fit is a big part of my family's fitness. My husband has lost 70 lbs since January 1 of this year and attributes it to taking daily body tests (weighing in) on the wii fit. It helps him monitor how certain foods and activities affect his weight and then adjust for them in the future. Since I started using it daily in July, I have lost 17 lbs. And my 3 and 4 years olds love the fitness games!
  • moonay
    moonay Posts: 30
    Options
    I use the wii fit board and play all the games and do the yoga, the games burn calories but you don't feel like you are working out so its good for a more relaxed exercise. I do wii zumba once a week and that burns as much as an exercise class as long as you put in the effort. The tennis is good too but you need to move rather than just flick your wrist like a lot do.

I think it is a good buy but with everything you will only get out what you put into it.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Not for the workouts! For the fun, YES!
  • babs81
    babs81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love mine, I have wii fit & just got rumba 2weeks ago it's great. I use mine to get weighed everyday it keeps me motivated :-)
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    My family bought me a wii two years ago for my bday for the purpose of using it for workouts. With rain 9 months a year here, it's been a fantastic tool. I have used all different kinds of workout "games" my favorite being Zumba. It's been greatest thing!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    +WII
  • chicago_dad
    Options
    just MHO, but the games I've tried at friends' places seem pretty lame and junky compared to other comparable physical fitness options.
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Love my WII! I use it when the weather isn't nice enough to be outside. I don't like going to the gym. So far I have WII FIt, Michael Jackson's the Experience, and a pilates program I haven't tried yet. I heard the Zumba is good too. I love the boxing!
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Worth it! Luv it!... My kids love it too!...I love my Wii fit board. I even bought raisers to make the step workout a little harder!