Terrified of Losing My 'Girls'! Ladies?

Options
13»

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I was HOPING to lose some up top, but nope, I've lost 44 pounds, and am still in a D cup! :grumble:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I have no idea if it's true because I don't go around asking women how fibrous their breasts are. :laugh:
    :laugh: yea probably not the #1 cocktail party icebreaker...:noway: :bigsmile:

I, however, will be using this at dh's Christmas party next year. :laugh:

why does that NOT surprise me Beans:laugh: :noway: :bigsmile:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Everyone is unique, but in general if you have an hourglass shape, you'll maintain that even when you lose body fat. I have a hypothesis that very fibrous breasts will maintain their size better than breasts that have less glandular tissue and more fat. But that's just an educated guess and I have no idea if it's true because I don't go around asking women how fibrous their breasts are. :laugh:

:laugh:

Makes sense, even though I'm not really sure how you tell (from the outside) whether a boobie is 'fiberous' or not. :ohwell: :laugh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Everyone is unique, but in general if you have an hourglass shape, you'll maintain that even when you lose body fat. I have a hypothesis that very fibrous breasts will maintain their size better than breasts that have less glandular tissue and more fat. But that's just an educated guess and I have no idea if it's true because I don't go around asking women how fibrous their breasts are. :laugh:

Makes sense, even though I'm not really sure how you tell (from the outside) whether a boobie is 'fiberous' or not. :ohwell: :laugh:

Well you can't look at it and see it (fortunately) LOL. But you can feel it. The mammary glands in there are hard and lumpy, although some people are less lumpy than others according to my gyno. There's also fat in there and a lot of blood vessels. So if it feels like your breasts are mostly the hard tissue, then you might be able to maintain more size.

LOL babybeans you sound like you're a lot of fun at parties! :laugh:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

Well you can't look at it and see it (fortunately) LOL. But you can feel it. The mammary glands in there are hard and lumpy, although some people are less lumpy than others according to my gyno. There's also fat in there and a lot of blood vessels. So if it feels like your breasts are mostly the hard tissue, then you might be able to maintain more size.

Oh how wonderful! That would be why DH was/is always worried about me having breast cancer. :huh: I could never explain to him before why my breasts were 'hard' if it wasn't a tumor or something. :laugh:

That is so neat, I love that you know everything. :flowerforyou:
  • juanitagf
    Options
    Ii lost 60 poounds and went from a 38DD to a 32DD. They are smaller but they are in proprotion to my thinner body. DH loves them not even thought they are smaller. I would not have minded losing a little more...
  • Rajuli
    Rajuli Posts: 10
    Options
    I just want you to know that I was not trying to offend you. You have huge boobs! They look great! I have long hair past a certain point no one can tell if I cut it an inch or two. I feel it is the same for boobs- you will probably just look tighter and they will be in proportion. It may look better! Don't worry, I would never be able to tell the difference between an DD and a D or an E- once your that big, they are just big! They will still be hot and huge! And, just like hair- if you really want them back, just eat a lot and let them grow.
  • Rajuli
    Rajuli Posts: 10
    Options
    515TeachNRun, I have considered it too! My sister, who also has little boob's did it! It was such a shock when she came home for x- mass- haha. She now says she regrets it. She has back problems now. It is harder to run- which discourages her from getting her exercising. The worst part, she says, is knowing they have a warranty. In ten years they are at high risk to break in her body! She will have to replace them- and go thought the pain of heeling again. Plus, what happens when you’re eighty? Your really boob will sag over you fake boob- just a mess! I am only 23; I used to think that after I breast feed- in the future- that I would like to get implants. But now I think that maybe I should get over what people tell me is "hot" and be proud of my mother and father for making me just perfect the way I am. My body functions just right for me, why fix it and risk it if there is nothing really wrong- other than a scarred and abused body image? Small boobs have their upsides, your boobs don't sag to your knees, you'll always look great in a tank top, if you were an amazon- you would not have had to cut of your right boob to shoot an arrow- you know stuff like that! You look great!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

I'm a hoot. :wink: After Christmas party 2007, dh threatened not to let me go to Christmas party 2008. He loves that I am who I am, but other members of his company don't appreciate it. LOL This year I just made 1 "out of line" comment & felt a strangers beard...and no he wasn't Santa. Long story. :bigsmile: That was even me sober!

Who knew a boob thread would get so much attention! LOL
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

This is true. When I had my breast reduction surgery they were very mushy. They took a pound and a quarter from each side and they because very tight. that was after the firmness went down. My girls were hard as rocks and on the top of my chest for 3 months before they settled into place.
  • laurs
    laurs Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I'm one of the few who didn't lose the girls. I actually don't like having bigger boobs since I'm 5'2 and was hoping they'd get smaller but they've stayed the same and so far, I've lost 25 lbs total. My cup is still D but I went from a 36 to a 34.

To answer your question though, it's basically genetic. My friend was saying she wanted to lose weight to really see what her chest size actually is behind the additional fat. I never thought of it that way. Then I realized that I guess genetically, mine are just bigger and here to stay. Because after losing all that weight, I still have the same cup size. It was sad though, because, as I say, I don't like having bigger boobs (as some people have said here, you look thinner when your boobs are smaller!) but I've come to terms with it. :)