The ONE simple move you can do TODAY that will change your l

Options
Get rid of your TV. NO..dont`just limit your watching, or cut off the cable. GET THE TV OUT OF THE HOUSE. Yes...you CAN do this. It`s perfectly OK and doable for EVERYONE. Sell it, put it in storage, give it away.

It will change your life. You will get more done, you will read more, exercise more, and yoru kids will realize they can play OUTSIDE

ps..also do this with any vid game systems in the house.

Replies

• mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Good idea but,

what about the people who use workout videos?
  • bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Options
    Sorry, but I would rather limit the watching time. It seems a bit irrational to store the T.V. away. What if little kids want to watch educational documentaries like "Supersize Me"? You can respond with "Use the computer", but a T.V. is more convenient.
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options
    Sorry. Not happening. I'll just practice some self-discipline and make time to exercise. I enjoy my TV, my Playstation 3 and my computer. None of them are going anywhere.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Ya Im not getting rid of my TV! My mother in law and I share our special Sundays with our fams bbqing and watching our fave show Dateline, the tv stays! But I shall workout as well!
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Lol, not taking away our netflix for anything. We got rid of cable recently, much to the surprise of our cable company, and our lives improved no end. However, we love watching movies while walking/working out, and video games...well....we're gamers, lol, so our PS3 isn't going anywhere either.

Good idea, but not for me :)
  • victoriashea
    Options
    TV free for 18 years!
    The computer is what devours the hours of my life... I really can't get rid of that though... =(

Discipline, child, discipline!
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    actually i spend more time on my computer not getting anything done then i do watching my tv.. i have been known to leave it off for weeks a time.... why do i still have it? occasionally i like to watch a movie... and when my husband is home he likes to watch tv
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    nope!
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    I love TV and it keeps me sane when I am alone for long periods of time, when my husband is working out of town. I also work at home and I am much more productive with it on in the background. I have TiVo, so I can go anywhere at anytime and the TV doesn't stop me. I would feel so isolated without it.

Now, Facebook.....until MFP, it was REALLY wasting my time!!!! BIG TIME!:happy:
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    I haven't owned a television for 9 years, but I waste an equal amount of time on the Internet.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    dateline is not junk, neither is 48 hrs or Oprah, to each is own! I still burn MY cals! ...shhh ohh and I watch my shows while I am ON my treadmill :)
  • MommyTo2Girls
    Options
    I watch TV WHILE exercising! My problem is the computer.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    your crazy!! Lol
  • seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I think computer is worse than TV... but I also have poverty vision and only get 5 channels.
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    If I placed my tv time with exercise, I fear my heart would explode.
    I usually watch about 2 hours a day while I cross-stitch on my days off of work.
    On those days I am already working out 2+ hours each day. I don't really think adding another 2 hours of working out would work for me. And I'd get a lot less cross stitching done.