"Snack-sized" McFlurrys can kiss my.....

Options
Soooo mad that I did NOT check this out before hand. The past couple of days I've gone over calories. Not a huge deal. I was visiting my parents and did very well the rest of the week...today...was the 8 hour car ride home with me, two sons, and puppy. In the minivan. LOL!

I never. Ever. Ever eat fast food. But it was road trip day......so there we have it. The boys wanted McDonalds for lunch, and to keep us on schedule I ordered there too. I saw that for a LIMITED TIME ONLY they had ROLO MdFlurries. My stomach did a hitch kick. I LOVE ROLOS. Haven't had one in years, but thought...what the heck....it's road trip day...I'll get a *snack sized* one and a grilled snack wrap for lunch. Well after I have it...it was tiny and not nearly as yummy as I'd imagine....I went on my MFP app.

FIVE HUNDRED AND FORTY CALORIES!!!! In a SNACK SIZED MCFLURRY!! Holy.......

That totally KILLED my day. All my portion controlled snacks that I had laid out the night before sat there and mocked me as I had just eaten up my whole days worth of road snacking. I wouldn't care if I hadn't had a sundae yesterday and pizza the day before.

I was just shocked that such a tiny sized item...that tasted fine at best would be that high in calories. I was expecting between 350-450 max.

So I'll be over calories. Again. Third day in a row. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Replies

• SwtKittN
    SwtKittN Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    :( It's disgusting how many calories can be stuffed in such tiny packaging..
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    it's probalby because there are a ton of Rolos in there...it's so bomb though. If it was me, I would just accept it and move on since it's over and done with. I hate when that happens though!!
  • HappyLuna
    HappyLuna Posts: 112
    Options
    Bless you! Just have a giggle about it! It is laughable its called 'snack size'! Now you know and you can learn from that little mistake. It might have buggered up one day but it won't affect you massively in the overall journey.

Thanks for sharing though :smile:
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Yikes! good to know!
  • jgaht
    jgaht Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm totally with you!!!!! I love McFlurrys. I ate them frequently prior to starting my weightloss. The one time I tried to plan one into my daily intake, my mouth was full of four letter words. I can't wait until restaurants and especially fast food places have to post their cals.

Don't sweat the few days over. It's always hard at home/on the road. You'll get back on track tomorrow!
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    It sucks doesn't it? The DQ "mini" blizzards are the same deal, anywhere from 440 to 600 calories in those things!
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food regularly. In part because I travel constantly and in part because I work with a number of fast food restaurants and some of the managers take it personally when I pack a lunch... anyway...

McDonald's is tough. Some of their breakfast items I can make work for me, but I can't do any other meals. They're just so high calorie... I expect high sodium, fat, and cholesterol... it's fast food, but they're soooo high.
  • ashpcou
    ashpcou Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sma ething happend to me on Friday i got one when i took my nephew to the park later when i add it to my MFP i was shocked.. worst part was it tasted horrible!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Totally! I mean....whatever, I can't do anything about it now....tomorrow will be back on track....I just wish I had checked first. Would have taken me two seconds on my phone. It was an astonishing amount!
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    Caved in and had one of those a few weeks ago. Freaked out when I checked after about the calories too! It's horrible. Just go work out when you get home and get back on track. It'll be ok!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    siiiigh. Rolos are one of my favorites.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    how dare they?!!! I hate when that happens grrrrr
  • mtnmaw
    mtnmaw Posts: 15
    Options
    We live and learn. We all make mistakes sometimes. Tomorrow you can get back on track with the knowledge that you won't be doing that again soon. :embarassed: :flowerforyou:

Good luck!

Ellen
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i realize you were ranting about how bad it was and not worth it but you made me google it and want one. lol
  • coullmom
    coullmom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    When something like that happens to me, I try to go for a walk or do some elliptical training....makes me burn off some of the calories and I feel better about myself.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I was looking up cheeseburgers at fast food places, some were 1100 plus. I almost died, but it did make realize that I never want fast food again!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    when i went to america and had the rolo mcflurries!!
    Omg heavenly!!
    Cant believe they dont sell them here!! =(
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the mcflurries are terrible... I discovered just how terrible in pretty much the same way as you did. Oh, well... the good news is their ice cream cones are actually pretty reasonable and make a very nice treat. A vanilla cone is only 150 calories total, and tastes better than a lot of other ice cream out there.
  • sheisbrown
    sheisbrown Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I had one of those about a month ago. I thought it was going to be soooo good. It was a mess of probably fake chocolate and caramel. Not even worth the calories. I'm glad I got it though because now- I will never be tempted again! Next time when I want a treat that I know is not so great for me- I will get something that is made with really good ingredients and is really good. At least then I will feel like it was worth the trouble.
  • vampee
    vampee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I wanted a Mcdonalds cone one day and my BF brought me this instead, thinking it was small and would be ok. Yeeeeeah, should have looked it up before I ate it. Eh, at least we know now. :tongue: