"Snack-sized" McFlurrys can kiss my.....

Options

Replies

• DragonSkip
    DragonSkip Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Oh man! I'd been considering getting one of these myself but never manage to make it before they turn the ice cream machine off for the night. Guess I'll just be having something else instead!
  • farrellb2
    farrellb2 Posts: 120
    Options
    ouch that really sucks, I wish I had a local TCBY they serve frozen yogurts instead, and that honestly is one of the best treats I've ever had is frozen yogurt with my guilty pleasure reese pieces, or reese cups, or sometimes snickers,
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    chocolate covered caramel from end-to-end.....mmmmmmmm

do i get credit for having to unwrap them individually?
  • ohamberx0
    ohamberx0 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks to this thread I just called the bf to pick me up a fruit and yogurt parfait. They're banging and not too many calories... ill definitely stay away from mcflurrys though lol
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Next time you wanna go buy Miccy Deez, just go "by" Miccy Deez Nutz

m221806352.jpg
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    We went to The Elephant Bar last night and I had a Fire Grilled Lemon Garlic Chicken plate, only 570 calories. Was thinking about getting one of the mini brownies they have there, checked on here, 1170 calories! No thanks, lol!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    The ONLY good thing about times like these...
    it's a valuable lesson learned....and makes you realize how much you value the choice for a better lifestyle.

Only a few months ago, I wouldn't have HESITATED to order a LARGE one..NOR CARED HOW MANY CALORIES...

TO EVEN CARE is a MAJOR NSV, even if you did eat it....
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    thanks for the info I always buy my son the snack sized one and sometimes I steal a spoonful but I don't think I'll be ordering one for me unless I've worked out hard and its the same with the apple pie at McDonalds they have a lot of calories too.
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    We had a random trip to McDonalds today too! I saw that Rolo McFlurry and reeeeeeeeeally wanted it....like really!! But, I knew I'd be having a high cal/fat/carb/everything dinner, so I had to force myself into a small wild berry smoothie. That was way too high in calories for a small too.
    Look at it this way, you were on vacation, you were in a bind and didn't have the time to look up the contents on MFP. That's OK!! You know better now for next time. Great job going with the chicken and determining your snacks beforehand. Those are both great choices!!!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I was on a road trip and had the same situation happen to me WITH A SALAD~!!! It's okay. You learned (as I did).......so a very small hiccup in the big plan..........no worries....don't beat yourself up over it....you're back on track now and that little hiccup isn't going to undo all you've accomplished~!
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    It sucks doesn't it? The DQ "mini" blizzards are the same deal, anywhere from 440 to 600 calories in those things!

The haiwaiian one without coconut is about 280 I think
  • daisymae25
    daisymae25 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love the Oreo McFlurry myself, but I try to stay away from McD's as much as possible. It's horrifying how many calories can be in something that seems so innocuous...such as, a salad, a smoothie, or even a wrap. You THINK you're trying to be healthy, but it's really not. So frustrated.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    It's not an unreasonable amount of calories. A half cup of regular ice cream is about 200-250 calories, and Rolo's are about 220 calories a serving according to Hershey's website, so 500 sounds about right for mixing them together.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    chocolate covered caramel from end-to-end.....mmmmmmmm

do i get credit for having to unwrap them individually?
    Hahaha! Yes, we burn calories having to unwrap each one. :-D Eating a pack of Rolos would have been sooo much better, and fewer calories. It was not very good I'm afraid. I also saw that DQ has Nutter Butter Blizzards right now. Holy. CRAP.
  • pteso
    pteso Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing that information!!! I will not make that mistake!! I love Rolos too!!:smile!
  • Autumn15
    Autumn15 Posts: 213
    Options
    That does stink...had a similar Dairy Queen experience...hoping the longer I do this the less I will crave things like that
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Well, at least now you know! That's the great thing about MFP. I don't make the same mistakes twice. Last night we went to Applebees. I never eat out. Ever. I thought I was being good by choosing the chili lime chicken dinner. Then I looked it up. 1,020 calories and it's this tiny piece of chicken. I wasn't even full. LOL. That was a bummer.
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    It surely stinks when you eat more calories than you intended but I bet you won't be hungry for many hours. Not that I'm advocating skipping meals but I've done something similar before (who hasn't?) and didn't feel hungry until just before bed and a banana and skim milk satisfied me.

All is not wasted.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I eat plain McFlurry's. About 280 cals :bigsmile:
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Thats funny earlier today I wanted one so BADand alot of times after I see the calorie content I lose the desire for it so thanks for posting! I have times where I crave ice cream/chocolate(my weakness), I think its time I go get me some skinny cow Ice cream novelties that are around 100 cal so I wont be tempted to make the same mistake