STOP talking about how bad it is to get older!

Options
13»

Replies

• pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm the same, I'm annoyed at people whinging about getting older, my husband died aged 47 and he would love to be getting older.

I always say getting older is better than the alternative!!!

GG
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You know, if I keep at this, by the time I am 50, I will be sexier than I've been since I was in my 20's....but I was pretty much a drunk then, so I will safely be able to say that when I am 50, I will be sexier than I have been in my adult life...I hope...
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I often forget what my age is because I feel so much younger. I actually have to remember to "act my age" sometimes, but it's just an act. I go back to being a kid as soon as I can.
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Things just keep getting better as I get older, so I'm loving it!

However, I'm not looking forward to being put back in diapers when I get real old. :laugh:
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand people who say the best years of their life were high school or college. That sounds so sad. The best year of my life is whatever year I am currently living! Besides, when I am a senior citizen I will get discounts, and I can pretend to be senile while deliberately cutting people in the grocery line. "What was that, sonny? You were here first. Oh no, I was here with my husband's medicine. It is very important to him..."

Oh that is so true! (Well not the cutting in line part). My husband is on 7 different meds.........cholesterol, blood pressure, blood thinners, heart rhythm etc. Of course some is genetic but he eats like crap and certainly isn't on MFP. I have tried and tried to work on the diet but we basically each cook for ourselves these days.
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I cant wait to have children and then grandchildren, and grow old with my husband... :heart:
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    Options
    I am 55 and I don't feel a day over 25.....I believe that people are as young as they feel. I've always been a big kid at heart!
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am 19 and will be 20 on the 6th October and I am actually not worried about getting older as I look like I am younger any way so it doesn't worry me.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I love life! I am 44, I have three kids in college, and I am attending college myself! I can do more now than I did in my 20's. I just don't want to look my age. LOL
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 and I keep thinking about how old I'm getting and getting kind of sad about it. But then the other day, I realized it isn't the number that worries me. It's the getting "old" part, and I have control over that.

I don't ever have to be the frumpy, grumpy old lady as long as I keep myself mentally as young as possible.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Whenever I hear somebody say how difficult it is getting older, I just respond with "Yeah, but it sure beats the alternative!". I'm 51, and I enjoy each day!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I am growing old disgracefully.

THANKS! My new favorite saying!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Could not agree more. My husband is going to be 40 in October. We are all so excited. As a two-time survivor of cancer and dealing w/ an ugly blood disorder for the last 21 years we know how precious each year is.
  • letstrythisagain
    Options
    LOL! Your kidding right? to the original poster.....check back with me 35 years from now....see how u feel then. Lets try to have some empathy. Life happens, people don't chose to not feel well or have progression of disease.