Bottled water choice???

Options
13»

Replies

• hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    If I have to have bottled water, then Dasani. But since I am at home most of the day I just refill my water bottle with our water here. Not tap water (it has a funny taste) but we get the big water bottles that go on the water cooloers, and we have a pump for it. There is always a jug of cold water in the fridge ready to drink.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Fuji....hands down. (AWESOME taste) Personally I can not stand Aquafina...that whole quote makes me cringe, too....lol
    OOPS...FIJI....lol
  • cspinney
    cspinney Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I think it depends a lot on personal taste. I can't stand filtered water so I always look for spring water - Evian, Nestle, Real Canadian, President's Choice. Just not filtered.

I would drink tap water (and have when I lived in different areas) but ours tastes like chlorine. See above re: filtering. :)

And I recycle my empty bottles.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Ok.. so Im sitting there drinking my 8th or so bottle of Aquafina for the day when I read on the label that "Aquafina originates from public water sources...." purified, of course.

What is your choice for bottled water & why?

Since I consider your opinions more valuable then Google, thought I throw this one out.

Thanks in advance!

XOX
    Jen

you know, I buy a case of water and will drink what's in the bottle, but i refill it/them at least 20 or 30 times out of my refrigerator. Eventually, after a couple of months or so, I have to buy a new case (bottles are for convenience) but I prefer my fridge water now more than any store brand.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    We have a water cooler in the office, and i use tap water at home!

People who know me will be shocked by this because i used to only drink evian ! but all those plastic bottles! i now spend less money, not just on water but on petrol taking the bottles to be recycled ..
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Tap water all the way!! There is a noticeable taste difference depending where in the country you are, but I figure, why pay for bottled when we pay water rates for tap water! The only time I ever buy bottled, if if I've drunk the water I have with me and can't find a drinking water tap to refil from - then it's whatever bottled water is going cheap.
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Dasani when I'm out and about because their bottles are nice and sturdy and last a long time. You see, I use their bottles and just refill them with our own delicious tap water and keep them in the fridge. Grab and go and my wallet is padded from the money I save not being scammed into thinking bottled water is better than or anything other than my tap water. They add minerals for taste because it's tap water from somewhere with a bad taste. Our tap water is good, if it wasn't I'd get a Britta filter and still use my Dasani bottles to store it in.
  • Myobi
    Myobi Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I use a brita water filter. If I'm going out and about and want to take water with me, I put it in an aluminum (I think) water bottle I have. It's cheaper, and there's no worries about all that plastic going to the dump.
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    my choice is "smartwater". I'm one of those people that insists that water has a 'taste'. And to me, smartwater 'tastes' the best.
  • crummywatertowr
    crummywatertowr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've also used Zero water which is actually a purifing system. It worked well in that regard but we had the dispenser kind not the pour kind and it kept leaking.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i drink tap water at home and at work. chicago has tasty tap water.

when i am out and about it is figi if i am grabbing a bottle of water.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Oh please don't drink bottled water unless you have to and/or if you refill it and recycle it!! Watch the Documentary "Tapped" and you will see why!

Buy a Pur water system at home and one for the office and use metal water bottle you can take everywhere!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I only drink bottled water on rare occasions such as traveling. I have a Brita water filter on my tap at home. Saves on money and less trash to throw away.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I love dasani water or sam's choice. I like the taste better. I'm not a fan of aquafina or ozarka. I think they taste icky and I hate hate hate nestle water. I think it tastes like dirt's in it. So if the store doesn't have dasani I won't buy water there because I know if I don't like the taste I won't drink it
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    The water here is very hard, I couldn't even make tea and have it taste good. In fact, the tap water here ruined most of my dishes. I just got a brita water filter. I can't imagine anyone here actually drinking the tap water.
  • HisButterfly
    HisButterfly Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    When I am at home I drink tap water. When I am out and about and buy water it is 1) Fiji or 2) Smart Water.
  • reganbrownreynolds
    Options
    :tongue:
    We just use tap through a Britta filter.

Same here. Sometimes I don't even filter it - oh the horror! :tongue: If I am out-and-about running errands, traveling, etc. and stop for water, I tend to go for SmartWater or Fiji.
  • jpatrickwinstead
    Options
    I usually just drink tap water. But, I worked for a while delivering bottled water, so I can tell you this:

If a brand is labeled "spring water", that means that it actually comes from a spring somewhere, is filtered and bottled. If it's labeled "drinking water", that means that it's essentially tap water that's been run through some purification process.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Throwing away money and killing the environment with thousands of bottles a year (at least 1460 bottles a person if you are drinking 8 glasses/4 bottles a day as recommended) - I don't think so.

Filter my fridge door and a Sigg.