OMG I'm fat! =(

Options
13»

Replies

• timgordon24
    Options
    Like someone else said, take a still picture from that video and get acouple copies (along with a shot of your body the way you "like" yourself or used to be even). Place it where you can look at it when you wake up (before breakfast), before lunch and even possibly dinner. Dont starve yourself; that just leads to a food binge and makes everything worse.

Know what you are and what you want to become. Making a plan and setting goals will help you achieve your desired weight loss and body figure. :)
  • HisBeloved65
    Options
    log everything you eat.
    be honest with yourself.
    drink a boatload of water.
    get moving.
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Set your mini goals and find a way to acknowledge your good days and your accomplishments. The scale is a great motivator, but it can also be difficult. As you pointed out your daughter weighs the same, but she's all muscles so she's probably smaller in size. I take measurements once a month every once in awhile I get a great surprise of lost inches, and the months where that happens and the scale didn't budge it really makes me feel great!

One day at a time, one change at a time and every good choice counts!

Good luck, and have fun! I like your committment, you and your family is going to benefit in countless ways from your new healthy lifestyle, BONUS!
  • imjustlisa
    imjustlisa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just got back from vacationing in the Florida Keys and saw a video of myself in a bathing suit. It was bad, and not just a little bad, but really bad. My booty is literally like twice as wide as it used to be. I knew I had a few pounds to lose but I had no idea that I looked like this. I think I am going to take some very private pictures of myself to continue looking at as my reality checks when I don't feel like eating well or working out.

For those of you who have successfully begun and committed to a healthy lifestyle and weight loss campaign - what is your number one tip? What is your motivation motto that you say to yourself when you're losing steam?

I want to write all of the tips and motivators down and keep them up where I can see them every day.
    This is exactly my aha moment as well. We were out fishing one day and my boyfriend video recorded me catching a fish. he was recording from behind. When i watched the video i was in tears. i couldn't believe this was my rear end. I hide it very well in clothes I guess. When i announced to friends and family that I was going to change my lifestyle and get fit they all said you look fine. But I saw that vidoe, i knowi do not look fine. I know exactly how you feel. Us shorter ladies can't afford any extra weight on us, it really shows!