Sexy in Six! (Closed Group)*****Week 1 Chat

Options
Hey ladies! Super excited to start our challenge! So here's what our daily discussions will be like. Every Monday, I will post 5 women who are responsible for our discussions for the week. I expect everyone to respond and discuss to the questions! We will have NO questions on Saturday or Sunday, so enjoy your weekend! :smile: We want you all active and supportive! ((Failure to participate daily may result in you being replaced--let me know if you will be unable to keep up!)) Our discussions should be centered around fitness and weight loss, but it's okay to post a general question once in a while also. After all, our weight loss isn't 100% of our lives!

This is also when and where I will report the weight loss successes for the previous week. I will announce the winning team, the top losers (who are really the top winners!) from each of the teams, and an overall #1 winner. It will be based off your weight loss for that week as well as your bonus points for that week's challenge.

That brings me to the weekly challenge. THIS WEEK, our challenge is to STAY UNDER YOUR CALORIE GOALS. So Monday through Friday, if you stay under your calorie goal you will earn bonus points. Try to meet that goal everyday! Each day will earn you .2 points, so all week is 1 full pont. All team members meeting the challenge can earn your team a total of 10 points! That can be a big difference in the winning team each week! I have designed this to reward good habits AND big losses!

I'm sorry this is so lengthy, but I wanted to make sure I explained it clearly so everyone is on the same page the next 6 weeks. If anyone still has questions, please email me and I'll post the answers here (in case you aren't the only one wondering!)

Without further delay, here's our schedule for questions this week!
Monday: peanut613
Tuesday: kimi131
Wednesday: nikip6454
Thursday: feydruss
Friday: LoseItJourney

I'm so excited to start this challenge with you ladies. Let's have an awesome 6 weeks and shed some serious weight!

Replies

• peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm kicking it off and posting the first question. A helpful tip is to post your question in the morning (or the evening before) so that our teammates have plenty of time to respond to the question!

Moday QOTD: What is your biggest reason for losing weight?
    My biggest motivation to lose weight is my vanity.... :smile: I want my husband to have the HOT wife to show off to all his coworkers. I want old high school friends to see me and say "DAMN she has a baby?!" I don't wanna turn heads, I wanna break necks! I want to fit into the clothes at normal stores in the mall. I guess a part of me wants to be thinner for health reasons, for higher energy, etc. but mostly it's because I want to look amazing!
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options

Vanity is one of my reasons obviously. Another is plainly physical comfort. I was starting to get way to worn out and hurt. I need to be able to keep up with my kids. And my mother-in-law talks crap about me being fat...and im ready to show her I can look different
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    PS, Thanks to SoonToBMrsRamos for making a logo that we can use for our challenge! I've copied her post onto this thread so anyone can use it!
    OUR LOGO COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK INTO YOUR SIGNATURE. JUST REMEMBER TO MAKE THE IMG AT THE BEGINNING AND END INTO LOWERCASE img.
    SJ_FinalSexyin6Logo_4.jpg
  • kristyann86
    kristyann86 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My biggest reason for losing weight is exactly what you said peanut: vanity. when i was 150 i felt sooooo unbelievably sexy. and i loved that feeling. everyone seemed to notice and gave me attention about it (which i looooved) but when the one person i wanted to notice the most didn't (my bf believe it or not), it was kinda depressing. BUT i am determined to go all the way to my goal of 120 and see if i get his head turning [or neck breaking ;) ]

another reason is that i just don't feel comfortable in this body
  • sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm kicking it off and posting the first question. A helpful tip is to post your question in the morning (or the evening before) so that our teammates have plenty of time to respond to the question!

My biggest motivation to lose weight is my vanity.... :smile: I want my husband to have the HOT wife to show off to all his coworkers. I want old high school friends to see me and say "DAMN she has a baby?!" I don't wanna turn heads, I wanna break necks! I want to fit into the clothes at normal stores in the mall. I guess a part of me wants to be thinner for health reasons, for higher energy, etc. but mostly it's because I want to look amazing!
  • sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options
    Vanity is also at the top of my list, but my career gains runs a close second. I can vividly remember two years ago, when I started Nursing school, being reprimanded by my instructor for my bad body mechanics when bending down to tie the patient's shoes or help them into their TEDS hose. I was bending at the waist because my knees and legs hurt too badly for me to squat. I was too fat. I felt disgusting. Both on the outside and on the inside for having let myself get, and stay, so out of shape. That is the precise moment that I decided I would do whatever it took to change my life.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I got the second day? *Grumble, grumble* :P

Hmm... I don't really know. I guess it's vanity too. I know I have never been as thin as my cousins, and really never as thin as my girls I hang with. It would be nice to be thin the way they are. And I just want to feel good about myself. I love the extra confidence I get when losing weight. Plus I want to turn heads, or break necks ;)
  • lee155
    lee155 Posts: 120
    Options

My biggest reason is vanity! I lost my confidence, sometimes I walk with my head down because the way I let myself go. I love fashion and it sucks being the fat girl in the store going through racks and racks looking for a L/XL. Going into the fitting room accidentally ripping clothes and being disappointed that they can't fit. So embarrassing, I don't even go out with guys because I'm ashamed of my body. I've tried to lose weight for years, but this is the first time in six years that I'm under 200 pounds. I won't give up this time and I can't wait to prove others wrong!
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My biggest reason for losing weight is my clothes are too tight and I REFUSE to go up a size, REFUSE!
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    My biggest reason for losing weight is my clothes are too tight and I REFUSE to go up a size, REFUSE!

Love it! Buying bigger clothes is so depressing
  • jasminebri
    Options
    My biggest reason for wanting to lose weight, is my health. My family is full of diabetes, heart problems, blood clots, etc. And most of that is because of being over weight. I want to be healthy, and the rest will follow!! Of course, like any girl, I want to look amazing! Not only for myself, but for my husband!! I want to wear all the cute clothes and look amazing in them! I want to wear the cutest bathing suit, well for that matter, be able to buy any one in the store because it will fit!!! I just want to look the way i Feel on the inside!!!
  • j99li
    j99li Posts: 421 Member
    Options

My biggest reason for losing weight is also because of vanity, and my own comfort within my body. After my high school bf and I broke up in first year university (Im now in 3rd year), I felt really lost because I thought I looked hot at my 150lb but apparently it wasnt "hot" enough for him. I felt really down and I just let myself go. During 2A (first term of second year), I tried to distract myself by hanging out a lot with friends and staying up late to either study or hang out. I would eat at the most odd times. There were lots of times when my friends and I would go to McDonalds at 11pm and eat and then I would go home to sleep! My friends were the ones that had extremely high metabolisms and could eat whatever they wanted and didnt gain anything but I obviously wasnt. I got to a point where nothing fit. When my work term started, I realized that I couldnt fit into any of my clothes. I had to go to stores to find stretchy size 16 pants so that I could work. Also at that time, I met my current fiance.

He meant the world to me and I could tell him everything, except how much I weigh. Whenever I slept over, I would always be really careful about placing my clothes so that he wouldn't be able to see what size I wore. Sometimes I felt really out of place because he is so tall (6'8) and fairly fit for his height, where as I am 5'7 and considered obese under my BMI category. Basically, I weighed his weight + a bit more. However, with my height, Im a lot bigger. I have felt uncomfortable because I never understood what he saw in my "beauty". I was overweight and I hid behind baggy clothes whereas there were lots of really skinny pretty girls who dressed to show off their body. Being astounded aside, he was always showing me off and it made me feel like I mattered and that I was truly someone he cared about and loved without considering just the physical appearance.

I decided to start losing weight because I want to be a better "fit" physically for him. I want him to be proud of me for the way I look and show me off some more haha. I want to be able to wear pretty clothing and not have to always buy stretchy stuff. Its been really hard but he's been really supportive. When we go out to eat he always tries to find some healthy alternatives. I used to love bubble tea (sooo unhealthy) but now I have cut it out of my system and he has also stopped so that he wont lure me into temptation.

Anyways, after this long rant, my biggest reason of losing weight is for my fiance. Also, I want to do this for me, to make myself look the best I can look and be the healthiest I can be.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    My biggest reason for wanting to lose weight is so I can be confident again. Not only do I wanna be healthy but I wanna be happy with myself. I remember those high school days when my Mom would tell me not to eat that junk or it would catch up on me. And it did. Now if only I could have the same metabolism again. I remember going in my closet when everything fit. Now I gotta prep ahead, pair this with that, make sure my stomach doesn't look huge in this shirt ect ect it is a pain in the a** is all it is. And I am fed up. I wanna feel good again. My finance is a huge fitness junkie. He has mastered P90X and Insanity. He can bench me still being as heavy as I have gotten. I gotta wonder WTH is he doing with me. I am a lucky girl though he supports me 100% and motivates me. And now with you great ladies and us doing it all together I am 100% motivated. Good Luck Ladies, we're going to do great!!!
  • dezedeze
    dezedeze Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Amen!! My clothes are too tight right now too :sad: and I also refuse to buy bigger ones! :explode:

So I think vanity definitely is coming into play here. I also remember what I felt like when I was about 25 pounds lighter, and it was great. I was great wearing a size 6, and it was great wearing a bikini on the beach and not being afraid that my rolls (I gain weight in the middle) were grossing people out, and it was great being in an exercise routine.

I also have the motivation of my husband's family...my sister-in-laws are all teeny weeny sizes 0-2. They've never said anything or implied anything, it's all me. I hate being the "fat chick" in comparison. It just drives me nuts. It reminds me of college (the other time I was this heavy) and when I was the "fat friend" (again, lots of size 2-4 friends).

Of course, what drives me even more nuts is watching my sisters-in-law scarf down bread, pasta, sugar, carbs, etc like it's nothing and keep those figures. Some people are just damn lucky, and that's the way it is. Other folks need to work harder, and I'm finally accepting the fact that I'm in the latter group to be sure.
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Vanity is one of my reasons obviously. Another is plainly physical comfort. I was starting to get way to worn out and hurt. I need to be able to keep up with my kids. And my mother-in-law talks crap about me being fat...and im ready to show her I can look different

I know we talked about this before but it's true, my bf's mom is super hot -51 years old w/ six pack. She's constantly asking my bf how I look, if I lost weight, etc. Yesterday she took a picture in her bikini and sent it to my bf telling him to show me. REALLY????

SO...I'm going to Brazil in 2 weeks and I want to buy a super sexy bikini and SEND her a pic.

1 )My family is overweight and I want to motivate them with my success story. I'm especially worried about my mom because her doctor is constantly reminding her that her medical issues would be solved if she would just lose some weight.
    2) I see high school people all the time and I want them to be like WOW she's hot.
    3) Honestly, this is very exciting. Other than just going to work and studying, this is a personal goal that I have control over.
    4) My friends are all smaller than me and instead of buying new clothes I want to borrow theirs.

I look forward to the next 6 weeks and getting to know all of you better!
  • BrightEyedandHealthy
    Options
    I want to lose weight so I can feel confident again. I felt so good in highschool and knew I looked good. Now I feel self conscious even in front of my bf and I hate it!!! I want to be able to fit all the cute clothes and look good at the beach!!! I need to be more confident to be successful in my career and life because right now I just feel uncomfortable in front of people.
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    TO be honest.... This is the first thing in years I have done just for me. That is my biggest thing that I am doing this for. I want to get checked out when I go out... I want to be able to wear whatever I want. I got pregnant at 16 and steadily gained weight over these last five years until last august. My weight was just all of my baggage and I need to let it go!
  • tjutrostina
    tjutrostina Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My biggest immediate reason to lose weight is my upcoming wedding this December! Loads of people are going to be there, from old school mates to colleagues who would always think of me as the chubby one, and have teased me about it at some point. I just want to once and for all, commit to losing weight for good, and be the hot wife my fiance so deserves.

And so yes, vanity is right up there, including a hit list of people who have made fun of my weight. :P

In the long term, I just want to be healthy and fit when I start a family.
  • Magic_Girl
    Magic_Girl Posts: 158
    Options

MY BOYFRIEND!!!! I want to look good for him, and me of course, but mostly him! I have always been chubby growing up, and my highest weight was 170. He met me when I was 140 my senior year of high school, so he never knew me when I was bigger. We've been together almost 2 years (on Sept. 5th) and since then I've gained 10 pounds (lost 9.5 this summer). I am only half a pound away from being at the weight I was 2 years ago. My ultimate goal is to lose 15-20 more pounds! I want to know how it feels to finally be lean and healthy! I have very low confidence and self-esteem. I get jealous REAL easy when I'm with my boyfriend and other girls around. I want to be sexy and confident and be able to look a girl in the eye and say "damn right that's my man, you better step off!"
    My boyfriend is a WORKOUT MACHINE, he literally lives at the gym! He wants to be a bodybuilder and he looks so good and is really muscular. All I have is flab...and big butt (which he likes). I want to be his sexy eye candy...with a big butt. lol =P
  • zaiikaa
    zaiikaa Posts: 112
    Options
    Monday QOTD: What is your biggest reason for losing weight?

Vanity - I've always been pretty thin, but over the past few years I'd gotten some cellulite on the backs of my thighs (mostly gone now!) and other little things that started to bug me. Including some of my skinny jeans getting a little too skinny.

Health - big factor. Just to be healthy and lead a long, happy life!

Self-restraint: This is a character flaw, and controlling my diet and exercise habits is a good thing for me to be practicing.