Anyone using Alli?

Options
I was thinking about getting Alli. I went to buy it but then seeing 50.00 to start made me think again. Are you using Alli or have you in the past. Please tell me your experience.

Replies

• wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    the side effects are less than desirable. Read the package carefully and whatever you do, don't wear white capris
  • Shannoncore
    Options
    it works well but you have to closely pay attention to what you eat. if you eat anything with fat in it it will give you the runs and a horrible stomach ache. i lost 10 lbs in a month on it.
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I heard from my daughter ( a nurse) that it causes butt leakage! YYYUUUUCCCKKK!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Alli *Has* been clinically proven to increase weight loss. But its not THAT much of an increased loss.

HOWEVER - It only works when you change your diet and lifestyle as well! Plus it has lots of side effects, one of them being "anal leakage". Gross.

So in my opinion, you would be better off learning to eat healthy and exercise, and keep your money. There is no magic bullet, the only thing that truly is going to get you healthy is hard work and eating right.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    No. I have an aversion to crapping myself.
  • annehdavis
    annehdavis Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I understand you have to greatly reduce your fat intake. I have been constipated weekly now. I was hoping I would tolerate it.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options

I don't. I do it every day. I use Alli because I'm just going to *kitten* myself anyways. I might as well lose weight while doing it.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I took Xenical...prescription Alli. If you eat anything with too much fat, well, there's no easy way to say it, you get an oily discharge from your, well, I think you can figure it out. Needless to say, I didn't take it too long. Gross!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

I don't. I do it every day. I use Alli because I'm just going to *kitten* myself anyways. I might as well lose weight while doing it.

Very efficient. I wish I could be like you.
  • annehdavis
    annehdavis Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Right now just chugging along doing it the old fashioned way. I am nowhere near buying it. I would rather buy $50 of food for the diet than a pill.
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Two words: anal leakage.

I'll pass, thanks.
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about getting Alli. I went to buy it but then seeing 50.00 to start made me think again. Are you using Alli or have you in the past. Please tell me your experience.
    Years ago I took it for a month when it was prescription Xenical. Using that, combined with the Atkins diet, I was able to lose some weight. But I could not afford to continue Xenical as it was not covered by insurance.

You do have to make some lifetstyle changes because if you don't then you are likely to get the side effects (for me they were not "extreme" but more of an inconvenience).

I personally would not recommend it, not when you have a site like this that helps you track what you consume and what you burn in exercise. Plus, in this economy, $50 to get started (isn't it like a 2-week supply in the starter kit?) is quite a bit IMHO.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Alli is the cheap part, replacing undies gets expensive and I didn't lose any weight anyways because I don't eat a diet high in fat.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    LOW fat! don't eat any salad dressing or bacon - don't eat any fat - don't take risks
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I used Alli and lost weight but you need to be on top of your *kitten*! If you have too much fat, the fat will come out of you. I know this is gross, but you'll feel gassy and when you try to do a silent fart FAT OIL COMES OUT. And then your pants have the most disgusting smelling oil on them. It was traumatizing. Oil Farts
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options

LMAOOO u crazy thing!
  • jrcox520
    jrcox520 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Just because you're taking it doesn't mean you're going to crap yourself. You have to be careful, yes, and it warns you about that over and over. I took it for a little while and never had a problem. I stopped taking it because I didn't enjoy not being allowed the occasional splurge, but it did reign in undesirable eating habits.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Right now just chugging along doing it the old fashioned way. I am nowhere near buying it. I would rather buy $50 of food for the diet than a pill.

hmm, smart choice. i think we all at some point want to get a pill, shot, injection, magic sweat off 10pounds in one day machine, but yeah good food/exercise, you got it.

butt leakage, girl at my church dad gave it to her, gross, needless to day they didn't take it again.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I make sure to take it whenever I eat a pound of bacon and roll commando at the strip club so that when I'm in the champagne room, there's more than just sparkling wine bubbling. I make sure to mark my territory. I'm known as "the *kitten*" around gentleman's clubs.
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Normally I get slightly annoyed by people posting the same questions over and over and over, without using that handy "search" feature at the top of the page. It's just mildly annoying, I just don't click to read and get on with my day.

However, oily, anal leakage always makes me laugh. And not just giggle, out and out real bursts of laughter. I'm like a 12 year old boy, I love fart/butt/poop jokes!

I also laugh hysterically at stories of people who crap their pants, provided they aren't in the throes of old age/death. But a relatively healthy person crapping themselves - high comedy!!!!