TEAM PERSISTENT DETERMINATION - (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
Hey Ladies!

I think Sonia is away from her computer, so I wanted to post this for us so we can all get an early start on this final week!

AUGUST CHALLENGE #4: INSPIRE AND RETIRE! Week 4 and FINAL Daily Challenges

Day 1: 2 sets of 20 Windshield Wipers, 3 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of Swimmer’s Press

Day 2: 2 sets of 20 Tuck Jumps, 50 Squat Kicks, 20 Globe Jumps

Day 3: 20 Split Squat Jumps, 3 sets of 20 Wood Chops Day

4: 40 ZigZag Hops, 3 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Press

Day 5: 2 sets of 20 Burpees, 50 Squat Kicks, 20 Globe Jumps

Day 6: 20 Mountain Climbers, 3 Sets of 20 Wood Chops, 3 sets of 20 Tuck Jumps

Rest on Sunday (or day of choice)

Weekly Team Challenge

4000 team crunches
4000 Jumping Jacks
100 extra miles!

This equals about 200 per team for crunches and jumping jacks for the week along with an extra 5 miles for each team member!

The Last part of the team weekly challenge is solicit a friend or family member to join MFP and begin the next month’s journey with you. Inspire others that’s easy. The retire portion of the week is about looking back at the past 30 days. You have had to retire many old habits, many excuses and reasons why not to exercise. It’s time to retire those and move forward to the new you! YOU ARE MY INSPIRATIONS! Keep it up as we INSPIRE our circle of influence and RETIRE the old ways! Go Inspirations Go!

Monday 8/29 - Final Days make them count! 200 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 10 burpees, 10 mountain climbers, 10 globe jumps, 10 Squat Kicks, 10 ZigZag Hops! These are a little different. IF YOU ARE ABLE AND YOU ARE! Do these consecutively. No stopping to rest, don’t break these into sets! I’ve designed this so you can see just how far you’ve come. Many of you would never be able to do all of these in one setting on August 1st. BUT YOU’VE Found the inner Beast, You’ve Unleashed you ROCKSTAR and you’ve become an EXERCISE MACHINE. I’m proud of you and you should be VERY proud of yourself!

Tuesday 8/30- Final Days make them count! Walk, Run, Jog a 5K that is 3.2 miles straight no stopping! As fast or as slow as you need to! YOU CAN DO IT I PROMISE! At 447lbs I did it in one hour and 15minutes with 3 hills. You can do this I promise! PUSH YOURSELF AND PROVE TO YOURSELF YOU ARE A WARRIOR!

Wednesday - REST BECAUSE THURSDAY ITS GOING TaaaaaRIBALLLLL!!!!!!!!

Sounds like we are going to be BUSY this week!!!

I'm going to start a list, please add to it to what you are going to commit to!

1. BCFossett (Brandy) - 1500 crunches, 1500 jumping jacks, 5 miles (possibly more, depends on how Gideon's school goes - first week!)

Let's keep this going! Push through! We can do this!!

Replies

• GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Wow its a full on week.

Can I ask ... does everyone do these challenges in addition to their normal weekly exercise? I tend to workout every day so I do struggle to get everything in. Anyone got any ideas of how to squeeze everything in? I know I should get up earlier and get the challenge before work... just need to get organised!

2. gemmaterry (Gemma) - 1500 crunches, 1500 jumping jacks, 5 miles
  • jah1165
    jah1165 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    wow this is a packed week....ok I will start with the same

1500 crunches....1500 jumping jacks and ....5 miles........
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Wow its a full on week.

Can I ask ... does everyone do these challenges in addition to their normal weekly exercise? I tend to workout every day so I do struggle to get everything in. Anyone got any ideas of how to squeeze everything in? I know I should get up earlier and get the challenge before work... just need to get organised!

2. gemmaterry (Gemma) - 1500 crunches, 1500 jumping jacks, 5 miles

Last two weeks I kinda fell apart. ONLY did the challenge exercises, and nothing more. I have been able to pull my head out of my buns and will (hopefully) be able to get more done, however with being a single mom, working full time, volunteering at church, and spending time with my family, it's hard.
  • kmcginley613
    Options
    eek, worse week ever :'(.. classes starting today & and I am starting Insanity. I will commit to 1000 crunches/ jumping jacks and 5 extra miles.... I will try to do more, but now I have so much less time then in the summer. I want to finish strong though!!
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thank you to Brandy for starting the week 4 thread! My computer was hijacked :grumble: by a 13 year old and I fell asleep! :yawn:

Woke up this morning bright eyed and bushy tailed, on the other hand I think he stayed up WAY too late:angry: and was dragging hiney to the bus this morning! :yawn:

Brandy ~ LOVE the list idea definitely gonna do that for next month!!! :bigsmile:

Ladies we are down to 16... that means everything we do means even more!!! This is the last full week of August and we need to hit it like a ton of bricks!!! (or at least a 1.5+ tons of Persistent Determination!!!!):bigsmile:

As of right now, I only have 5 people weighed in... :angry: Let's go girls!!!!:glasses: I mean business!!!:angry:

I have a DR appointment later this morning and when I get back I will need to turn in our points...

We have 86 exercise challenge points ( I am missing a couple days from a couple people...)

we have 92 team challenge points ( waiting on 3 to report final crunches...)

we have 4 weight loss points (only 5 people weighed in...)

So our normal total = 182 points

For those that attempted and met 1000 crunches on the team, we earned...110 points!!! Gary has not gotten back to me on whether the 3000 crunch ones get 10 or 30 points.... If he says yes then we will have 40 more points.

I will be messaging the people I do not have info of some sort or another, if I don't message you, I have all your info! :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: ~ Sonia
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Well, I did get the 1,000 crunches in last week, but they were definitely not my friend. As such, here are my commitments for the week:

ckarlovec: 250 crunches, 1,400 jumping jacks and 10 extra miles.

If you need more of anything, please let me know and I'll do the best that I can!!
  • cshore54
    cshore54 Posts: 70
    Options
    Quick check in before we go hiking Pikes Peak.

I will commit to 1000 cruches/sit ups, 1000 jumping jacks and 10 miles

Chris
  • sonybalony
    Options
    Hi!!!

Went to the Doctor and he is happy with me! I asked him for a referral to a nutritionist, so that after I am off the meds and no longer DIRECTLY under his supervision, I will still be on track! :bigsmile:

I have a LOT of people who contacted me this morning with their info, so here are the updated numbers... (turning these in to Gary in about 45 minutes)...

93 exercise points

105 challenge points... One person had changed their goal, and I hadn't seen it, so we met it!

120 bonus points for people doing over 1000 crunches!!! (checked, no matter how many OVER 1000 you did still only 10 points)

6 points for weight loss (still missing some people)

total (so far) = 324 points!

Chris ~ I LOVE Pikes Peak!!! :heart: We lived near there for 3 years when Vince was stationed at Fort Carson, it is soooo beautiful!:love: Have you been to Garden of the Gods?:happy: Or Helen Hunt Falls?:happy: I really enjoyed both and they are FREE! :bigsmile: Have a blast!!!

:flowerforyou: ~ Sonia
  • wilsonshome
    Options
    I'll do 1000 crunches & JJ and 5 extra miles.
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    5.5 miles done!!! And they HURT, but I pushed past the pain and got it done!
  • lablovr108
    Options
    5.5 miles done!!! And they HURT, but I pushed past the pain and got it done!

Great job!!!!!

Today's exercises are done as well as some walking, jumping jacks and crunches (I will message Sonia my official totals later tonight. I think I may get some more done between emails and such). I love working from home!! Did anyone else have trouble with the windshield wipers? I got through them but boy were they difficult!!!
  • sonybalony
    Options
    HI Ladies!!!

For those of you who sent me before pictures.. it is time to start THINKING about afters!!! I would like them for this weekend so I can put them together! If you didn't send me a before and would like to now, that 's fine too, or if you do not have a before and would just like to send a current one, that is also fine!

Gotta run get my son's car registered!!! :indifferent:

~ Sonia
  • nlynnm716
    Options
    I'll do 1,100 crunches, 1,100 jumping jacks and 12 miles. Also, how many reps of swimming presses constitutes as a set?
  • lablovr108
    Options
    I'll do 1,100 crunches, 1,100 jumping jacks and 12 miles. Also, how many reps of swimming presses constitutes as a set?

Today Gary posted that 10 reps of swimming presses was one set. I didn't know so I just did 12 reps per set.... :laugh:
  • sonybalony
    Options
    10 reps are a set for swimmers presses :-)
  • megansmom311
    Options
    Hey team! :smile:

I'll commit to 1000 crunches and 10 extra miles. I'm going to pass on the jumping jacks, unless we really need more...they kill my knees. :indifferent:
  • sonybalony
    Options

Day 2: 2 sets of 20 Tuck Jumps, 50 Squat Kicks, 20 Globe Jumps

Weekly Team Challenge

4000 team crunches
    4000 Jumping Jacks
    100 extra miles!

1. BCFossett (Brandy) - 1500 crunches, 1500 jumping jacks, 5 miles (possibly more, depends on how Gideon's school goes - first week!)
    2. sonybalony - 1000 crunches, 1000 jumping jacks, 10 miles
    3. ckarlov - 250 crunch, 1400 jumping jacks, 10 miles
    4. cshore54 - 1000 crunches, 1000 jumping jacks, 10 miles
    5. gemmaterry - 1500 crunches, 1500 jumping jacks, 5 miles
    6. jah1165 -1500 crunches, 1500 jumping jacks, 5 miles
    7. kmcginley613 - 1000 crunches, 1000 jumping jacks, 5 miles
    8. nlynnm716 - 1100 crunches, 1100 jumping jacks, 12 miles
    9. megansmom - 1000 crunches, 100 jumping jacks, 10 miles

This is where we are for now, quote and add yourself!!! :bigsmile:
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'll commit to 1,000 situps, 1,000 jumping jacks and 9 miles.

Sonia - awesome news about the dr!!!!! Woohoo!!!
  • psychofied
    psychofied Posts: 138
    Options
    1000 crunches, 1000 jumping jacks and 5 miles for me. :)

Done w/ day 2 challenge btw
  • llbird
    llbird Posts: 51
    Options
    I will do 500 situps 500 JJ and 10 miles. Splitting up the squat jumps (done) from the globe jumps (tonight)!