TEAM PERSISTENT DETERMINATION - (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• wilsonshome
    Options
    2 sets of 20 Tuck Jumps, 50 Squat Kicks, 20 Globe Jumps - done
    200 crunches, 200 JJ done about to go on a 2 mile walk with Cooper and Abbie, my dogs.
  • jah1165
    jah1165 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    ok I cant see where i sent a reply for Monday 8/22 so i will resend today for Monday and Tuesday......

I have completed all my days excercises for Monday and did 200 Jumping jacks and 200 crunches....

Tuesday Did all my regular excercises plus 200 jumping jacks and 200 crunches....and I think that is all I am suppose to do...
    '
    O I did walk 2 miles Monday and Tuesday......Thanks JAnet
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    TEAM CHALLENGE COMMITMENTS

1. BCFossett (Brandy) - 1500 crunches, 1500 jumping jacks, 5 miles (possibly more, depends on how Gideon's school goes - first week!)
    2. sonybalony - 1000 crunches, 1000 jumping jacks, 10 miles
    3. ckarlov - 250 crunch, 1400 jumping jacks, 10 miles
    4. cshore54 - 1000 crunches, 1000 jumping jacks, 10 miles
    5. gemmaterry - 1500 crunches, 1500 jumping jacks, 5 miles
    6. jah1165 -1500 crunches, 1500 jumping jacks, 5 miles
    7. kmcginley613 - 1000 crunches, 1000 jumping jacks, 5 miles
    8. nlynnm716 - 1100 crunches, 1100 jumping jacks, 12 miles
    9. megansmom - 1000 crunches, 100 jumping jacks, 10 miles
    10. K1Teacher - 1000 crunches, 1000 jumping jacks, 9 miles
    11. psychofied - 1000 crunches, 1000 jumping jacks, 5 miles
    12. llbird - 500 crunches, 500 jumping jacks, 10 miles
    13. wilsonshome - 1000 crunches, 1000 jumping jacks, 5 miles
    14. jessele1971 -
    15. CookieGem -
    16. ang16 -

This is where we are for now, quote and add yourself!!! :bigsmile:
    [/quote]
  • sonybalony
    Options
    For September Team Persistent Determination members...

This is the current list I have for members... if you are there in error, or are missing from the list and want to be on it, let me know... we have 2 slots open!

sonybalony - Capt

cshore54

jah1165

psychofied

llbird

beckusjane

megansmom311

mom031344
  • jessele1971
    Options
    Will do my daily challenges and 5 or more extra miles this :)
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    How do we do the windshield wipers? Cant find a video?
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Hope you are all getting on ok.
    As a pre-squash workout I thought I'd do a couple of days challenges. I dotn know what windscreen wipers so I have pended those until I know:

200 JJ's
    200 crunches
    3 set of 21's
    2 sets of swimmers presses (I did 15 reps each set)
    50 kick squats
    50 split squats
    50 weighted squats (my own challenge)
    3 sets of woodchops!

Have left the tuck jumps for when I'm at the gym as I have an old lady living below me... think these might sound like a baby elephant having a fit!!

Hope your all great. :flowerforyou:
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    How do we do the windshield wipers? Cant find a video?

Gary posted this yesterday. I'm at work so I can't watch the video to see if this is the right one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8lq7Wkpukk
  • sonybalony
    Options
    Yep, those are the windshield wipers!

IMPORTANT SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE SERIES MESSAGE:

A decision has been made to overhaul the point system for our challenge series. Obtaining information from teammates has become a full time chore for some of our team captains. That was not the goal. To alleviate this stress in September we will track only % weight loss for points. Some of you will be upset I understand. But remember the teams are designed to only build community and motivational support and a smidge of competition. If you choose to not do the daily challenges you could lie and say you did so its all on an honor system. The main purpose is to help motivate you to do something new and to move each day. With that said we will implement the new points system for September. On August 30th I need the total points for each team sent to me....all 4 weeks added up and I'll announce the winner. Please submit with your total the individual who lost the most weight for your team and the # of lbs lost so I can determine our winner and shower them with our prizes! Any questions let me know. Any complaints.....meh
  • sonybalony
    Options
    ALL SEPTEMBER TEAMS...

After a HUGE amount of people freaked out... the point system will remain the same...

here is Gary's message...

ATTENTION ALL CHALLENGE SERIES CONTESTANTS! Due to the overwhelming concern about the points system I've decided we will move forward in September using the complete points system as we used in August. Here's the deal......its your responsibility to contact your team captain each week with your information and weight. Captains will not be tracking you down. You dont' report....you hurt your team. We're all adults and I'm counting on each team member to participate. You may also send a report 2 or 3 times a week saying I've completed Mon - Wed. I have teammates that do that! LETS GET TRIBAL IN SEPTEMBER!

For those staying with me, I have made a Google Docs Spreadsheet for each of you... you can fill this in yourself and I will fill from that to the main spreadsheet... If you cannot do google docs or are not particularly computer literate, I will still continue to receive as messages, but you MUST message me... I cannot track you down, with school, work, scouts, volunteer work, AND trying to do this MYSELF also!!! lol :-) (If you do not have a google account I will send you the invite, so you can access this)
  • sonybalony
    Options
    EXTRA POINTS CHALLENGE>>>from Gary...

So some of you keep whining about needing another WEEKLY MINI CHALLENGE! SO here it is. I"ve done this and its a killer but oh......in such a good way! So you think your ready to go tribal and take on the bushmen way of life.....(Note: This is high intensity interval training if you have heart issues please consult a physician. These exercises are geared to top our your heart rate in 4 minutes flat.) I give you the tabata series..............It's only 4 minutes. LET ME SEE YOU DO THEM WIT YOR GIRLIE MUSCLES AN YOUR CHEERLEADER THIGHS! YA HANS AND FRANZ ARE HERE TO PUMP YOU UP! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DfuU3TSsFM&playnext=1&list=PLA2E34CD9004F5FD9 1 point for each team member that does it for every day they do it. WARNING Do this prior to your workout as a warm up. Don't sit down after this its bad for your heart. Keep moving and if you need to rest do a 2 minute cool down.
  • jessele1971
    Options
    Okay Team :)
    Happy Hump Day!
    Did my CHALLENGES yesterday, almost lost my breath......

Ran an extra 2.10 miles
  • sonybalony
    Options
    Okay Team :)
    Happy Hump Day!
    Did my CHALLENGES yesterday, almost lost my breath......

Ran an extra 2.10 miles

AWESOME!!!!! You are a ROCKSTAR!!
  • psychofied
    psychofied Posts: 138
    Options
    done with day 3 challenge!
  • sonybalony
    Options
    ary sent this out and it seemed to really cover what we need to do for the challenge today!

GARY 6030 - TODAY'S CHALLENGE! Day 4: 40 ZigZag Hops, 3 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Press The video for Zig Zag Hops can be found on this website. http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/plyometricexercises.html Anything can be used pillows in a row anything. A rope. The object is to hop some distance. A rope would make a line but you need to shoot for further than just the other side. You will go left and then right to = 1 zig zag hop. Remember when landing allow your muscles and not your joints to absorb the impact of the landing. This is a body mechanic as a team we need to start practicing to keep our joints healthy. Any questions let me know!
  • jessele1971
    Options
    Did my challenges last night :drinker:

Was only able to do 2 extra miles on the Eliptical.:smile:
  • wilsonshome
    Options
    Wed 8/24: Challenge done and 200 crunches, 200 JJ and a 2 mile walk
    Thur 8/25: Challenge done and 200 crunches, 200 JJ and a 7 mile walk
  • sonybalony
    Options
    TEAM PERSISTENT DETERMINATION.........Cool Calculator to calculate Body % Fat... http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html ... Thanks to Schwiggity for pointing out the Covert % .....Post your results and get an EXTRA POINT for your team if you take the time to do the 4 measurements! Then report the point to your captain! Easy point ladies!

Don't forget the TABATA exercise points are DAILY!!!! can do it each day for 1 point per day!!!

:bigsmile:
  • jessele1971
    Options
    Ran my butt off today..... An extra 2.6 Miles!
  • jah1165
    jah1165 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thursday I completed my daily excercises zig zags..21's and presses....and did 200 j jacks

Friday got up early and did daily excercises burpees..squat kicks and globe jumps and 200 j jacks...

Have a GREAT FRIDAY LADIES!!!!!!!