What size do you wear at what weight?

Options

Replies

• gritgirl
    gritgirl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    What I've noticed is that people who may weigh the same as I do, wear a totally different size. Plus, the size charts on websites often do work for me either. The inches on the site may say I'd be in a size 20 (US) but really I'm a size 18 (US).

So I know I can't order pants online (shirts I can get away with).

At my lightest, 135 lbs, 5'4" tall, I wore a 6-8 (US)
    Now I'm 205 lbs and I wear a size 16 - 18 (US).

But my body makeup is compact and muscular (not including the fat :-) ), so clothes fit differently on me than others.

What I do is shop in bargain, thrift, and consignment stores to find clothes and I usually don't buy anything until I've actually gone down (or up) in size.

I've tried the I'll buy it and hope to fit in it soon thing, and that just ends up being too much pressure for me. But I'm a sensitive gal. Good luck.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't buy anything in hopes that you will be able to wear it at a certain weight. I did this, I have things that I have never worn, because my body shape changed so much. I am in a smaller size now, then when I was in high school, but yet I weigh like 20 lbs more.
  • xxhollow
    xxhollow Posts: 26
    Options
    I've wore the same pant size no matter what my weight!

When I weighed 142.5lbs throughout high school I wore size 13. When I weighed my highest weight at 178lbs I also wore size 13. I actually can't remember the last time I wore pants smaller than 13. My hips are baby making hips.
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6. 163lbs and I wear sizes 8-10 depending on the brand
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I'm around 172lbs, 5'9" and wearing a size 14/16 (UK) in trousers and a size 12 (UK) in tops
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4.

At my highest weight (unknown, but probably in the high 160's ) I was wearing a size 8 from stores like (New York and co- I think their sizing runs on the larger size). I have pretty small hips though, so it was easier to fit into smaller sizes.

At my current weight range (127-132) I am wearing a solid size 4 the majority of the time. I do have a few size 2 dresses and shorts, but they are the minority.

(these are USA sizes - not UK) :ohwell:

I wish I was fitting into a UK size 2! :blushing:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    5'-0"

167lbs and wearing size 18/16 still... UGH WTF!! Some size 16 still have a huge muffin top and some 16 don't. Some size 18 are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to loose and other size 18's fit just fine. Can't wait till I can fit into a 16 without a muffin top and a tight 14!!! CAN'T WAIT!! A-L-M-O-S-T- THERE!

When I started I was size 20/18. My size 20's are an accident waiting to happen, because they literally fall down which each step I take (I'm not complaining).
  • sherismb
    sherismb Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", weigh 199lbs I wear a loose 14, skin tight 12. It depends on the persons shape and muscle mass. I have a big butt, small waist, not a lot of stomach. I was reading the post and every wears something different thats the same height and weight as me.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I agree that this is very individual!

I'm 5'6'', weigh about 147 pounds, and am a US size 12-14 (depending on the brand). I am pear-shaped, so my larger hips determine my pants size.
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I weigh 137, wear a size 6. i'm 5'5 1/2"
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how bad this is with brands in the UK - but here ..... VANITY SIZING! Big time. I used to pour myself into a size 6 when I weighed 106 - now I can wear a size 6 at 128. Sizes in the US are pretty meaningless .... sorry.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how bad this is with brands in the UK - but here ..... VANITY SIZING! Big time. I used to pour myself into a size 6 when I weighed 106 - now I can wear a size 6 at 128. Sizes in the US are pretty meaningless .... sorry.

LOL I live in australia :/
  • serhart
    serhart Posts: 27
    Options
    5'9 current weight 239.8 wearing an 18w - 20w
  • whateverr120
    Options
    I'm 5'2, I wear a size 6-9 (depending on brand/store) and i weight 137lbs, most of which is lower body weight. hoping to be a 4/5 =)
  • RdySetGO11
    RdySetGO11 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 154 and wear an 8 in womens or an 11 in juniors. I'm hoping to be in a juniors 5. I like the way juniors fit better than womens. I'm short torso'd so womens bottoms come up too far and I feel like Steve Urcle! :smile:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, weigh 155 and wear between a 4 and 6 on the bottom. I started out at 180 and wearing a size 10.
  • TruckerChick
    Options
    WOW... I think I'm the biggest one weighing in here (pun intended! LOL :laugh: )

I am 5'6", weigh 296, wear 26/28 altho I find I'm still able to squeeze into some of the 24's that were getting to be too big on me before I gained all this weight back! But I'm getting back down there... slowly but surely!!
  • tyadrake
    tyadrake Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    No size is ever consistent. I am 5'6ish and last weigh in was 168. size 12 fits me perfect when they get out of the washer/dryer but within an hour are loose. But a 10 is too tight in the hips and thighs, which is where I carry most of my weight. Nothing ever fits me correctly in the waist, everything is always too big. It is a constant challenge. When I was at my heaviest at 217, I was in a W16-W18. It amazes me how you can try on 4 different pairs of pants in the same size and they will all fit differently!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and weigh 164.6 (as of yesterday) and I wear a size 14 in jeans. Will be ecstatic when I get down to a size 10. At my heaviest which was around 187, I wore a size 16 or 18 womens.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Okay...I'm 4'11 and 1/2" and I weigh 90 pounds and wear a double 00. My waist is 23.5 inches and I still have a muffin top at times...dang leftover skin from being pregnant. I'm naturally tiny...purely genetics. I still need to gain some more muscle.