1235»

Replies

• feliciapeters
    Options
    billy joel 1980
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    but 1979 ( it think)
    blue oyster cult & black sabbath was pretty good ....................................what i remember of it
  • mattkosc
    mattkosc Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    This summer, Bullet for my Valentine, my favorite band. Finally got to see them for the first time, it was awesome!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    DEVO on "The Pier" in Manhattan in the late '70s.
    I was very suprised. They totally rocked the place.
    It was a small open air venue and everything was great.
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    LMAO, I've never heard of 90% of the bands named.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I have to cheat and say the Mile High Music Fest in 2008. I saw Flogging Molly, State Radio, Flobots, Michael Franti, Tom Petty, Citizen Cope, Josh Ritter, Rodrigo e Gabriella, DMB, John Mayer (he sucks but put on an amazing show), Steve Winwood, OAR, and I can't even remember who else. It was a great 2 days.

Best stadium show was Pink Floyd's Division Bell tour.

Best Red Rocks show was Dispatch this year. Frigging fantastic.

saw Flogging Molly at the Black Sheep in Colorado Springs and the next night at Fillmore Auditorium in Denver...LOVED them!!! (and The Riverboat Gamblers who opened the show)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Since 1984 I've been to probably 100's of concerts and many stand out...but one of the ones that was the most memorable:

Monsters of Rock July 30 1988, 21st row at Mile High Stadium in Denver, CO:

Kingdom Come
    Dokken
    Van Halen
    Scorpions
    Metallica

and whichever year it was that Def Leppard performed at McNichols Arena in Denver (1987?) and recorded the video for "Pour Some Sugar On Me"--my friend still swears she can see us in the video, but I think we were too far away lol
  • gemco
    gemco Posts: 129
    Options
    wow, tough one.

erm, Radiohead in Paris in 1997 was something i'll never forget. outstanding, i think i saw them at exactly the right time, so often with bands you dont get that. for example i saw the Black Crowes last month, and whilst they were still amazing, i knew i was late to the party (not my fault!)

i think my absolute favourite gig though would be Metallica in 1996. they were still great in 2009 but i was pregnant and sat down rather than 16 and at the front. LOL

biggest :( about a band i'll never get to see is Little Feat. i mean i will go see them next time hopefully, but Lowell George died before i was born, i didnt stand a chance!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I have to cheat and say the Mile High Music Fest in 2008. I saw Flogging Molly, State Radio, Flobots, Michael Franti, Tom Petty, Citizen Cope, Josh Ritter, Rodrigo e Gabriella, DMB, John Mayer (he sucks but put on an amazing show), Steve Winwood, OAR, and I can't even remember who else. It was a great 2 days.

Best stadium show was Pink Floyd's Division Bell tour.

Best Red Rocks show was Dispatch this year. Frigging fantastic.

saw Flogging Molly at the Black Sheep in Colorado Springs and the next night at Fillmore Auditorium in Denver...LOVED them!!! (and The Riverboat Gamblers who opened the show)

I saw them at the Fillmore too, in 2010 I think. Rev Peyton and His Big Damn Band opened.
  • Annalisa419
    Annalisa419 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have waaay too many to list. Rod Stewart is always great and so is Hanson. As for local bands, look up Hot Bodies In Motion and Handful of Lovin' (both from Seattle) - awesome performers!
  • demonNIИ
    demonNIИ Posts: 187
    Options
    I've only been to one but it was pretty great-NIN in 2006

YYEEAAA!! Another NIИ fan... I've been one since the start
  • demonNIИ
    demonNIИ Posts: 187
    Options
    Been to about 6 NIИ shows...love them all
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    Great Big Sea - Seattle 2004

They are a blast!

Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band at CNE Stadium in 1978. Very hot August night, 6th row with about 25 friends in 3 rows. We moved the chairs out of the way and made a dance floor. I've been to hundreds of shows and that was easily the most high energy performance I've seen.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    OzzFest 2000...the one & only time I've ever seen Pantera play live. Fantastically awesome!
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    The Saw Doctors. It was in like 2007 or so, in Chicago.

Best live band ever.
  • Mandalynn304
    Mandalynn304 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I cant count how many concerts I have been to, and have seen just about every rock band. The ones that stand out are hmmmmm

MegaDeth
    ALice Cooper
    ROb ZOmbie
    Metallica
    and yes believe it or not......Godsmack, killer Drum solo
  • Michellerw1
    Options
    Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Mars Volta, Halloween 2006. The concert was amazing to begin with, and I went with my parents and my younger brothers. One of the most memorable times of my life!