Bombshell Betty's (closed group)

Options

Replies

• TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Yesterday
    I only went to the gym yesterday and I parked far away only because there are never any close parking spaces.
    I didn't complete the core exercise challenge, getting ready to do it now.

For nurtition, I exactly did have green peppers and onions in my eggs before reading about it. Also, I had a salad yesterday.

I need to find out how to get in touch with lower farmers. I know there are a few around here. I'm going to try to make some phone calls about that one today.

For my mind/body/spirit challenge, I spent almost 2 hours on the phone with my MIL and I felt so much stronger and empowered once I got off the phone. I need to learn to let things roll of my back instead of carrying them around with me.

I'll be back later to report my progress from today.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    So what happens to all the data from the form? Will we get to see weekly progress or just a final one at the end?
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    coffeegm.gif

Nutrition:
    My green food today so far has been key lime flavored greek yogurt. It was pretty darned tasty!

Oh and when I make my tuna burgers for linner (lunch/dinner) because I'm all about multi purposeful food for more then one meal I will have a pickle and maybe some green peppers (if the green peppers are still good), I have salad mix too so I could always toss my tuna burger into that and have that too. Oh choices choices!

The boyfriend better not gobble all them up either. He ate almost nearly all my tuna burgers last time! He's asleep right now and I have a mess of dishes to wash which those will be done on the four hour break because I'm gunna be starting work soon here in about 40 mins.

As far as farmers there's plenty of 'em around here, I should talk to one sometime. But I'm painfully shy in real life and get embarassed easy.

Exercises:

No haven't done them yet today. I did them yesterday though. I know it says only 3x a week but I think I may do more then that. We'll see.

Mind/Body/Sprit :

I want to get back into journaling whether it be on here or on paper.
    I also want to learn yoga and meditation, any advice on that?

Love all you Bombshells!

Amber
  • nomerebutterfly
    nomerebutterfly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey bombshells -- crazy busy this week! Trying not to eat my burnt calories, planned my meals for the week, and gonna see if I can drop some more weight this time around! I already to a core routine, so I'm going to stick with that for now, but keep this week's in mind. Parked in a far spaceand circled the building twice before going in (looking like I have OCD or something -- LOL!).

This is the best part: did a meditation last night before bed imagining that I was on a beach with a child version of myself making sand castles. I hugged her and put her in a bed on the shore, then tucked her in. I felt so peaceful after, and happy. :)
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    Hello Bombshell Betty's, Hope everybody is having a wonderful day today! I actually can say that I am. Went to the gym today for 1.5 hours. Burnt 916 calories.
    Exercise challenge complete, I parked far away from gym, I also did the ab routine!
    Nutrition: Complete had green lettuce for lunch.
    Mind & Body: I repeated the quote to myself this morning. Also have been thinking about joing tai chi for getting in touch with my inner child.

Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow, hoping to have some weight & inches off.
  • sfalk1977
    sfalk1977 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Exercise - did all abs exercises, walked everywhere - so therefore you could say I parked in the furthest parking space from my destination - my driveway!

Nutrition: I ate lettuce, cucumber and green grapes today. As far as the farmer goes - we don't have farmers markets round here but I do alway buy my meat for the weekly sunday roast from my local butcher who buys the meat direct from the farmer not through a wholesaler - all meat locally sourced too.

Mind/body/spirit: Does jumping on a bouncy castle with the kids count as being a loving parent to my child within? "I deserve to arrive at my destination without detour".
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing great :)
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Hello Betty's! Checking in - I have eaten my greens yesterday and today; had a salad both days at lunch. I also parked on the other side of the lot at work (as I always do) and on the other side at the mall. I will do some abs tonight with my workout. Not sure about 'inner child'; I picked up my baby daughter from daycare - she is a little under the weather so I'll probably be doting on her tonight! :heart: I had some me time (before I got the call from daycare) and got my hair done - better late than never. :wink:
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Luckily, in small villages around Greece, most produce (and meat, for that matter) at local supermarkets is totally local. But, I often go to the manabiko when I am downtown to pick up some uber fresh fruit and veggies.
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I didn't have greens yesterday, but made up for it today with a super large salad. A little too large actually, it was a really large cal lunch. But I rather prefer my lunch to be bigger than dinner. I can pass on snacking after dinner, but If lunch isn't big enough I will nibble on anything I can get.

I have some kids late tonight, so not sure I will get to my workout class. Not sure how I feel about that either. Part of me really wants to hit the gym. I went last night & it had been since thursday so it was a little tough last night. BUT, I so could curl up in bed with a book after I get the daycare kids out of the house & my kids off to bed.
  • vold94
    Options
    I didn't have greens yesterday, but made up for it today with a super large salad. A little too large actually, it was a really large cal lunch. But I rather prefer my lunch to be bigger than dinner. I can pass on snacking after dinner, but If lunch isn't big enough I will nibble on anything I can get.

I have some kids late tonight, so not sure I will get to my workout class. Not sure how I feel about that either. Part of me really wants to hit the gym. I went last night & it had been since thursday so it was a little tough last night. BUT, I so could curl up in bed with a book after I get the daycare kids out of the house & my kids off to bed.

I hear ya, I would much prefer having a larger lunch and smaller supper, but with me, my only family meal is supper, so I prepare our larger family meal at that time. As for not knowing if you should go to the gym or not, do what feels right for your, everybody deserves a day off from time to time. Reading a book in bed would be good me time too.
  • clong1985
    Options
    Well hello everyone!
    I am getting in on this week's challenge a bit late thanks to Hurricane Irene. We were lucky enough to maintain power but just got internet access back this afternoon and although I can do some things online via my Android phone, it only goes so far.
    I just got done with my nightly walk and I am looking forward to adding the abdominal exercises!
    I am all about the local agriculture part. I worked as a cook for several years at a restaurant that actually has its own farm on site from which we sourced tons of produce (kale, squash, tomatoes, etc.). I am lucky enough to live close to many towns that have farms and I love to give them my business. Now the real challenge will be not to buy a Triple Berry Pie the next time I go to my favorite farm stand! :embarassed:
    This might sound silly but I know for the "inner child" part, one of the most relaxing activities I can think of is coloring! There is something very centering about a whole box of Crayola markers or crayons and a line drawing just waiting to be filled in! :happy:
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    We lost power so I did not see the challenges. I always park in the farthest spot. I have a Ford Expedition EL that is enormous, so I park away from everyone else! I will get on everything else. Was I supposed to weigh in? I am 127.1 lbs.
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Checkin... everyday eat a green veggie so np there and walk to farmers market on saturday mornings. Every weekday park my car as far away from work building as possible on top floor of garage so I have stairs too. To spare my car from too many dents, i park at the end of lots at the grocery store, mall, anywhere lol! My wii brings out my inner child :)
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I just got the challenges for the week. So far, I always park far, unless it is raining, and I have the kids... lol For the greens, I am doing my best there. We love green beans and salad. Those ab exercises I will do tonight, at least I will try to do them!

I have been in a funk lately and have gained a bit. So, I am working on doing better. Work has kicked my *kitten* this week, when I get home from work, I hurt all over, and haven't walked or did anything I need to do.
  • vold94
    Options
    Good morning you lovely Bombshell Betty's. I have to say I'm not feeling so lovely right now. I just weighed in and the scale is showing a 3.2 pound gain. I just can't understand this. I'm guessing it's excess water weight due to mother nature is visiting me right now. So I'm going to re-weigh myself when she leaves and see what the scale says then. On a high note, I also did my monthly total body measurements and am down 16 inches throughout! So that makes me happy! I'm also going to restart Chalean Extreme tomorrow, so I think that'll help alot with going to the gym and turbo kick & zumba classes I should start to see a drop again soon!

I will check in again once I get challenges done later today! Hope all have a good day!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    V- congrats on the loss of inches. that's amazing! the scale will reflect your efforts soon enough. just stay in the fight!
  • vold94
    Options
    @ TeamLeela, thank you. yeah, I know it will eventually will come off. I've been on here since April and at first I was seeing some good numbers each week, but lately I've really been yo-yoing. I'll have a 3 pound loss one week and then maybe a 0.5 lb loss then the next week I'll gain weight. I know my sodium levels really should come down some, and I'm really wondering if that's what the culprit is, but I'm working on that. I do drink half my weight in water each day giving me around 120oz a day,so I would think that would help flush me out. Oh well I guess I'll just see what the scale says in a few days. Until then I'm not going to beat myself up because at least I know I've lost inches and am disappearing in the fat anyway!
  • nomerebutterfly
    nomerebutterfly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey bombshells! I'm really considering skipping workout today... ate well.. wanna sleep. End.
  • jls1311
    jls1311 Posts: 15
    Options
    Im doing the best that I can to get on the group and check out everyones post. School has been beating me and not letting me get in the exercise that I want. Everyone is doing great and continue the awesome work.