How much have you fluctuated from 1 day to the next day?

Options
13»

Replies

• Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    5ish pounds. If I eat a lot of calories and drink a lot of water I can gain 5 lbs in a day.

I can also lose 2 pounds in a day if I eat low sodium or fast.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    My max is about 5lbs up or down.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    3-5 lbs for me.
  • weholditdown
    weholditdown Posts: 23 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I've gained 7lbs overnight before. I stood on the bathroom scale and nearly lost my *kitten* (which ironically might have helped shift some of the weight). Then I remembered I'd eaten Chinese food (oh the sodium) and I'd started my period that day which always makes me hold a few pounds of water weight before and during. I glugged a lot of water, went to the gym and avoided salty foods for a few days and it came off in no time.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates a lot. I weigh daily so I can tell if I have a trend down or up. If I am losing I post on MFP my low. If I seem to be gaining I post my high on MFP. However I do not post my high if I am not gaining. I can fluctuate between 1-5 pounds in a week or even a day. Weight loss for me is like making my way down from the top of a mountain range where to get to the lowlands I have to sometimes go up smaller mountains or higher mountain passes to get down to lower valleys. Studies show that checking your weight daily helps weight loss but you have to be able to realize that it isn't the temporary loss or gain but the overall trend that matters. Just like it isn't the daily calories but the weekly calories that matter. I lost 40 pounds this way. It is when I get busy and am not paying attention that I gain weight. By tracking my daily weight and other information I gain knowledge about what is working and not working. It helps me truth test my BMR, TDEE and HEAT. Calculators on line are only estimates. Do what works for you.
  • mariececilia10
    mariececilia10 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I realize this is an old thread but I had the biggest weight fluctuation of my weight loss journey when I weighed in this morning. Usually I avoid weighing myself on Mondays because I stray from what I typically eat during the week, both in the types of food and the amounts. But this morning I was feeling pretty good, and my curiosity got the best of me. I thought I’d be up maybe 2 or 3 pounds but actually I went up 6.2 lbs. Ouch. So, needless to say I’ve spent the entire day reminding myself that at most, I could’ve eaten 1,800 calories over maintenance, which would be less than one pound of actual fat. And, since my deficit from last week should have been more than that, I should be fine. Also, according to Flo (she’s usually pretty accurate), my period will be starting in 6 days, and it’s normal for me to retain water around this time. But it still freaks me the f out. I’m curious to see what the scale will show tomorrow. Hopefully it starts going down. It’d be great if anyone else wants to share their Monday Scary weigh in, lol.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    The biggest fluctuation I've ever seen was 7 pounds. It was water weight and took a whole week to come off.