Perfect 10 Buddy Club 12.15.08 - 12.21.08

Options
Morning Ladies! I'm sorry I forgot to tell everyone that I was going out of town with my hubby this weekend, but I'm back and AFRAID to step on the scale!!! I think I might give it a couple days! We spent most of the weekend shopping, so I did do A LOT of walking - my only salvation!

I was thinking that a weekly thread might be better - seems just when we get a good discussion going, we start over the next day. So, here it is!

Genuwyne - sorry I didn't see your challenge until today! I hope everyone is doing well - this is a great idea! I've heard another version of this to do a couple minutes of some sort of exercise each time you take a bathroom break. And I think it's time we did start challenging each other - maybe a "goal" for our group each week? Any ideas?

Replies

• saryann79
    saryann79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies! I'm sorry I forgot to tell everyone that I was going out of town with my hubby this weekend, but I'm back and AFRAID to step on the scale!!! I think I might give it a couple days! We spent most of the weekend shopping, so I did do A LOT of walking - my only salvation!

I was thinking that a weekly thread might be better - seems just when we get a good discussion going, we start over the next day. So, here it is!

Genuwyne - sorry I didn't see your challenge until today! I hope everyone is doing well - this is a great idea! I've heard another version of this to do a couple minutes of some sort of exercise each time you take a bathroom break. And I think it's time we did start challenging each other - maybe a "goal" for our group each week? Any ideas?
  • gynuwyne
    gynuwyne Posts: 132
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I miss not having a computer at my house. ONly time I can get on is at work. :frown:

Yeah, I like challenges. I would like to see a weekly challenge and have a new team member host it with it each new week.

My ideas are: no soda for a week, no sweets for a week, do x amount of sit ups or pushups a day/week,

Oh! My exciting news! I went down a size! I used to be able to fit into a 18/20 at Lane Bryant, but I'm now a 14/16! :bigsmile:

I'm loving it!:heart:
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! I had an interesting weekend too. I'm very proud of myself though. I had a Christmas party (with tons of really great food) on Saturday and when I logged my intake that night, get this...I was under about 400 for the day. So, I made a shake and evened it out a bit. But, I was so happy that I was careful. I even had a little dessert while I was there.

So, I'm very frustrated a the moment. I haven't lost any weight in awhile. I am losing some inches around my mid-section, which is wonderful---but I want to lose some lbs. I'm not sure what to do except keep at it.

Saryann-I hope you had a wonderful time with your hubby over the weekend. You might surprise yourself if you guys did a lot of walking.

I agree with the weekly posting. I think that's a great idea!

I'm not sure of a goal for the week....hmmm....maybe no late night snacking. So, anything after 9. What do you think?
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options

That's so funny about the bathroom break, because I thought I was the only one! If there's no one in the bathroom, sometimes I do pushups against the wall or squats (with no weight obviously, just focusing on using my butt and thighs).

Sounds like you had a good time this weekend, and walking I'm sure helped. Maybe wait a day or two to step on scale - wait till you get back into your routine.

My weekend wasn't all that great...no working out, and I ate too much even though it was mostly healthy. I didn't gain anything though, but I'm back on track today.
  • saryann79
    Options
    OK - CHALLENGE TIME!!!!

For this week, our challenge will be not to eat two hours before your bed time. I know this varies for everyone and my "late night" may not be yours, but consider your normal bedtime, and don't eat for two hours before that. Mine is 10:30 pm after the news, so I will not be eating after 8:30 pm. This challenge will run from today, 12.15.08 until next Sunday, 12.21.08. We'll start a new challenge on Monday. Report to the group how you did each day, at the end of the week, whatever you think - just BE ACCOUNTABLE to our group!

Of course, this is a great challenge because of the "type" of food we tend to eat before bed - junk! A calorie is a calorie!

Who wants to be in charge of the challenge for next Monday? This will give you a week to ponder it!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Great idea for the challenge saryann! Count me in:smile:
    gynuwyne-CONGRATS to you for going down a size!!:drinker: That is absolutely awesome and what a great feeling huh!!:flowerforyou:
    As for me, Im back home now and sooo happy to be! It was a long 8 days for me away and I have to tell you I practically starved while I was away! My sister isnt into eating very "healthy" so I basically lived on chicken noodle soup and water:ohwell: I ended up losing almost 12 lbs for the week, but it really wasnt done in a very healthy way, starving is NOT healthy lol. I tell ya, I was seriously getting worried that if I didnt get back home to my healthy foods soon, I was going to do some serious damage to all the hard work Ive done:cry: But anyway, Im home now and my sister is doing well and getting around on her own nicely now. I miss her, but so glad to be back!
    For the record, I also agree with the weekly thread. It will be alot easier for me to keep up with what everyone is doing than looking back on the boards and reading the previous days' thread:smile:
    Take care and be healthy today everyone!:drinker: :drinker:
    ~Roni
  • 1Corinthians13
    Options
    Great challenge idea! Late night snacking is a BAD habit of mine!

Noni - welcome back to healthy living! I lost 15 pounds by emotional starvation, and now it's taking its toll on my body, so I'm not going to let that happen again.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    So... um...
    yesterday I found these giant Christmas Kinder Surprise Eggs. They're like the size of an ostrich egg... or possibly larger. They're actually quite huge. I bought two and... well, ate them all last night. :noway:

I have no idea how many calories that was as they don't have nutritional info on the side but good GRIEF was that fantastically yummy. :happy:

I'm not going to worry about how much I went over and just focus on eating right today. BTW with my exercise calories (30 minutes elliptical, 10 minutes on the bike, 5 minutes on the stair master!!! -New personal best!) it's telling me to eat 2400 calories. WHOOT WHOOT.

Have a great day ladies. I'll be AFK a bit this week due to insane schedule but I will try to at least log my calories. AND NO MORE GIGANTIC KINDER EGGS!

PS: I'm very excited to be starting my weights program this Wednesday!!!! I WANT MUSCLE
  • abs0830
    Options
    Wonderful! You ladies are doing such a great job. I'm sorry to hear that your sister doesn't eat healthy and didn't have things in her house for you. I'm glad that your back to your healthy living!

Keep up the great work and Drink lots of water today!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

Well, I had a great week-end. My DH and I took my parents out to dinner on Friday. I did not count my calories and enjoyed it. Then the next evening we took our oldest son and his family out for dinner and again I did not count my calories. I don't think I did bad but, I just know I could have done better. However, I am happy and I am more than 20lbs thinner then last year. And I am really watching my calorie intake during the week. Not sure if that is a great example but that is how I am handling my goal to a healthy life style. These are my baby steps.

Well, that is my two cents worth.

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Kathy
  • saryann79
    Options
    Great job on the exercising! Especially that stair master - its amazing how five minutes feels like eternity on that thing!!!

I've never heard of a Christmas Kinder Surprise Egg - tell me more! We can't deprive ourselves of everything - all in moderation, of course... The idea of moderation is impossible for me with many things - chips and dips - if I even start, I know it's trouble! Buffets - the very idea spits in the face of moderation! Oh, and ice cream - can't even have it near me. Are there things you just know you HAVE to avoid?

What about resolutions? The end of the year is getting near - has anyone been thinking about their resolutions this year? I have begun a list! First on the list is to quit smoking this year, for once and for all. I haven't tried to quit in quite a while, but I am determined! Per my statement before, I am swearing off buffets and fast food for the new year as well. Neither are necessary to survive and they only cause trouble for me. I resolve to exercise 4-5 days per week, each week. Finally, I resolve to log my food intake daily, even if I'm away from the computer - no more free for all weekends that blow an entire week's work! I'm going to make these into signs and hang them up all over my house and office!
  • nickybr38
    Options
    Great job on the exercising! Especially that stair master - its amazing how five minutes feels like eternity on that thing!!!

I've never heard of a Christmas Kinder Surprise Egg - tell me more! We can't deprive ourselves of everything - all in moderation, of course... The idea of moderation is impossible for me with many things - chips and dips - if I even start, I know it's trouble! Buffets - the very idea spits in the face of moderation! Oh, and ice cream - can't even have it near me. Are there things you just know you HAVE to avoid?

What about resolutions? The end of the year is getting near - has anyone been thinking about their resolutions this year? I have begun a list! First on the list is to quit smoking this year, for once and for all. I haven't tried to quit in quite a while, but I am determined! Per my statement before, I am swearing off buffets and fast food for the new year as well. Neither are necessary to survive and they only cause trouble for me. I resolve to exercise 4-5 days per week, each week. Finally, I resolve to log my food intake daily, even if I'm away from the computer - no more free for all weekends that blow an entire week's work! I'm going to make these into signs and hang them up all over my house and office!

First, and MOST IMPORTANT. The Christmas Egg in all it's glory:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/92/Kinder_Surprise_Christmas.jpg/180px-Kinder_Surprise_Christmas.jpg
    150g of chocolatey goodness!!! -> Thing I know I HAVE to avoid. HAHAHAHA

As to resolutions I have a few. The first being to stop chewing my nails.
    Second being to workout at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes.

I don't have any others yet. :smile:
  • 1Corinthians13
    Options
    Are there things you just know you HAVE to avoid?

Good luck on your resolution! I know it's not easy to stop smoking, though I'm not a smoker myself.

I also must stay away from chips. If I even let myself buy a bag - of just about any kind - I will eat the entire bag. No question. So I just don't buy the bag. I can't let myself do that to myself, or if I'm REALLY craving it, I'll buy a small bag.

New Year's Resolutions....I kinda have a lot. Well, maybe not a lot, but they're hefty. Especially #4.

1. No more binging.
    2. Up my average running mileage from 15 miles/week to 25.
    3. Run a 10k.
    4. Get my life in order, get the right things in focus, take some action. I know this seems broad, and I guess it kinda is...but my life's a mess. I can't have another year like this one. I'll never survive.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    My New Years Resolution is to keep at my healthy living. That is a challenge for me.

1. Continue my exercise 5-6 days a week.
    2. To make better choices when I go out to dinner.
    3. To drink more water during the day.
    4. To stay positive about what I am doing.

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Kathy
  • saryann79
    Options
    Great resolutions!
  • nickybr38
    Options
    OMG OMG HAVING MAJOR CHOCOLATE CRAVING!!!!
    *does push ups* ONE CHOCOLATE TWO CHOCOLATE! ARGH :noway:
  • OctoberBabe
    OctoberBabe Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon Ladies!!!!

I hope everyones day is going good.
    Been to busy today to post. I try and get in bed by 10:30 or 11:00 so...... no food after 8:30 for me. Thats a great challenge for me.

Haven't thought about resolutions for 2009. Quickly thinking about it would be
    1. drink more water and switch from regular Dr Pepper to diet Dr Pepper :grumble:
    2. exercise as much as possible (seems to be a problem getting the time to do it)
    3. work on a more positive out look in my life
    4. to love and spoil my DH more :love:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Another flyby posting. Sorry guys, been VERY hectic here. I hope you are all having a lovely day!

Drink water!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • abs0830
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Last night I did two of my Turbo Jam videos, Fat Blaster (30 minutes) and Ab Jam (20 minutes) and my abs are sore today!

My goal for today is to exercise tonight, drink plenty of water and not to eat the oreos my boyfriend just had to have.
  • 1Corinthians13
    Options
    Good for you abs! Sore abs are such a great feeling!

Last night, I ran for 45 minutes.

Today, my goal is to run at least that again, drink all my water, and not snack as much as I did yesterday. I stayed within my calories, but they were bad, bad calories!