Perfect 10 Buddy Club 12.15.08 - 12.21.08

Options

Replies

• Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    To answer your question about foods you just have to stay away from...Hmmm, I dont really like to deprive myself of anything...BUT there are a few of my very favorite things that I havent actually tried to eat yet because I know myself and how much I love them and just dont know that I could be strong enough to control my portions. The first and most MAJOR fallback for me being potato chips dipped in sour cream! I just love, love love them!!:happy: Thats really the only thing I havent had in these last 12 weeks of changing my lifestyle. I dont like to say that I CANT have something, because there are things that we all love and I just dont think its fair to myself, even in a lifestyle change, to say that I can never have it again. I just have to wait until I feel that Im stronger and can only have a few and satisfy my taste for them.
    As far as resolutions go, my main focus for the new year is to continue this change in my life that Ive been on and keep being happy! I am truly a happier person since starting on this journey. I see even average, every day things much differently:smile:
    Lastly, just to give my update on this weeks challenge. I totally blew it last night:frown: I fell asleep before having any dinner and woke up STARVING at 2am so I had some cottage cheese and reduced fat Triscuits:blushing:
    Ok, off to do my indoor walking/jogging dvd now:drinker: Take care all and have a healthy day!!:flowerforyou:
    ~Roni
  • saryann79
    saryann79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't eat anything after 8:30 pm last night, but I fell asleep around 9 ( just 30 minutes after I last ate!) on the couch. Not sure if that counts or not! I had the best of intentions, but it seems I generally fall asleep before the news is over (according to DH), so perhaps I need to up that time limit a little. I am SURE that I usually at least see the beginning of the news (didn't last night), so I'm going to shoot for 8 pm to be sure. Unfortunately, I just ate junk before 8:30 pm! I had popcorn and some salt water taffy. No butter on the popcorn, just salt, and only 5 pieces of salt water taffy, so I guess it could have been worse...

I got up this AM, and it was too cold to leave the house, so I did my Biggest Loser DVD this AM for 40 minutes of aerobics.

Have a GREAT day everyone!
  • gynuwyne
    gynuwyne Posts: 132
    Options
    I have to tell you a funny story that just happened.

This morning at worked, I went to another dpt. to wish everyone a good morning. I had forgotten my lunch on Mario's desk.

They are doing a Secret Santa in that dpt, every day of the week. So he thought, my sack lunch was his gift. my friend called me up to tell me. So I head over there to pick up my lunch and I tell Mario "did you liek your secret santa gift". He says "that was you? if not I'm eating someone's orange!" I said "hey that's my orange!"

You just had to of been there to see the look on his face. It was great. I did walk away with a bananna instead. :tongue:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Could someone please tell me why I'm so freaking hungry today??? :laugh:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Thats funny gynuwyne:laugh: I think I would chase someone down and beat them for my food these days!:laugh:
  • saryann79
    Options
    So, I'm sitting at my desk, minding my own business, when here comes this rep from a medical equipment co dropping off a basket filled with a pound of m & m's. Grrr... They're just sitting on my desk staring at me...
  • 1Corinthians13
    Options
    Uh! Can you put the somewhere else? Whenever I bake cookies and bring them to work, I sit them on someone else's desk! haha
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Get them away fast. Which buy now you probably have. lol
  • laylae0714
    Options
    Does the challenge count if you're sick AND it's finals?!

My late night is well.. nonexistant. Final at 8am tomorrow... we'll see how this goes.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Does the challenge count if you're sick AND it's finals?!

My late night is well.. nonexistant. Final at 8am tomorrow... we'll see how this goes.

Good Luck on your finals:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your finals.

I forgot to mention that I didn't eat anything after 9 (I go to bed between 11 and 11:30). However, around 9:45 I had a very strong urge to eat chocolate, but drank three glasses of water instead!
  • 1Corinthians13
    Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot too. Nothing after 9 (I'm in bed no later than 1130 usually), but I did have a glass of cherry rum and diet coke...does that mean I fail?
  • saryann79
    Options
    Good luck on your finals!!!

Well, I did eat some of the M&M's, but then deposited them directly to the nurse's station for the nurses and doctors, along with the BOX of TURTLES that another rep dropped off not an hour later. Rough day... Tomorrow is our office Christmas party and lunch is a "surprise" from our boss, so I can't really plan for that. I have to bring a dessert for that, so I'm going to try to bring something sensible.

Cherry rum and diet coke? That sounds wonderful! I didn't even know they made cherry rum. Does that make it taste like a cherry coke?
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    $80 and 8 giant chocolate eggs later and I've managed to make myself sick.
    I've enlisted the help of everyone I know to keep me away from those delicious denizens of chocolately goodness.
    :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
    No worries about late night snacking now, too busy puking for eating.
    :sad:
    Okay, I admit it, I have a chocolate addiction. :ohwell:
    I can't control myself!
  • 1Corinthians13
    Options
    $80 and 8 giant chocolate eggs later and I've managed to make myself sick.
    I've enlisted the help of everyone I know to keep me away from those delicious denizens of chocolately goodness.
    :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
    No worries about late night snacking now, too busy puking for eating.
    :sad:
    Okay, I admit it, I have a chocolate addiction. :ohwell:
    I can't control myself!

Oh no! I'm sorry you're sick! Did you at least enjoy all that chocolate going down? I'm not a huge chocolate fan. I used to be, and don't get me wrong. I enjoy a good piece of chocolate...but I'm more salty. Chips. Chips. Chips.

I just ate dinner, but something happened that I didn't...I don't know I'm so emotional right now with stuff going on in my life and I feel sick. And I just want some rum and coke. That's how I'm using the rest of my calories.
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    I managed to stick to the challenge last night!:drinker: Didnt have anything from dinner til bedtime, which I NORMALLY dont, but now and then I will wake up around midnite-2am and be STARVING!:grumble: Thank goodness that hardly ever happens!
    I do have a question though. I made a pork butt pot roast yesterday in the roaster, added in raw potatoes, carrots and onions. The only seasoning I add is garlic salt, pepper, and seasoning salt and I make it in ALOT of water. I add enough water to the roaster to completely cover the roast. Its very good! Anyway, as I was logging in the roast and veggies as my dinner last night, I noticed that it was VERY high in calories and basically knocked my numbers off the charts. I used a homemade pot roast entry that was already in the database instead of using a recipe calculator to figure my own info....what Im wondering is can it really be that bad? I mean, the way I made it seemed pretty "harmless" so where is all the calories and high readings coming from?
    ~Roni
  • saryann79
    Options
    I wish I could help Noni - I don't really cook any red meat, though. I'm a Jennie O/boneless skinless chicken breast girl myself. Probably more because I've never been very good at cooking it! I would think you could do a search of "pork butt roast" on one of the online databases (If it's not here), and it could tell you the calories just for that, then add in your veggies.

I did MISERABLY last night on our challenge - had to go shopping after dinner for Christmas party stuff, and got in late, hungry, of course. I had pretzels with some smoked mozzarella dip at about 9 pm, while watching the inspirational stories on the Biggest Loser finale... :grumble: Oh, well, tonight will be better.

Work Christmas party today - hopefully there are some good choices there. I had to bring a dessert, and someone is already bringing fruit (bless her!), so I got some mini muffins. Not great, but they are literally about one bite big, so I can indulge in just one of them!

I got up this AM and did my Biggest Loser DVD again -too cold to leave the house at 5 am. There are LOTS of lunges and squats in some parts of this video, so my knees (battered by a youth of softball and an adult life of obesity) are always sore when I get done. I use good form, and don't push it too far, but those HURT... Anyone else have this problem? If so, what do you do? (Quit whining is an acceptable answer here!) Are there ways to do lunges and squats that are easier on your knees?

Also, I'm getting a little bored with this DVD - any suggestions for ones that are 30-45 minutes in length and a good, heart pumping workout?

Have a good day, everyone!
  • Nonibug
    Options
    I wish I could help Noni - I don't really cook any red meat, though. I'm a Jennie O/boneless skinless chicken breast girl myself. Probably more because I've never been very good at cooking it! I would think you could do a search of "pork butt roast" on one of the online databases (If it's not here), and it could tell you the calories just for that, then add in your veggies.

I did MISERABLY last night on our challenge - had to go shopping after dinner for Christmas party stuff, and got in late, hungry, of course. I had pretzels with some smoked mozzarella dip at about 9 pm, while watching the inspirational stories on the Biggest Loser finale... :grumble: Oh, well, tonight will be better.

Work Christmas party today - hopefully there are some good choices there. I had to bring a dessert, and someone is already bringing fruit (bless her!), so I got some mini muffins. Not great, but they are literally about one bite big, so I can indulge in just one of them!

I got up this AM and did my Biggest Loser DVD again -too cold to leave the house at 5 am. There are LOTS of lunges and squats in some parts of this video, so my knees (battered by a youth of softball and an adult life of obesity) are always sore when I get done. I use good form, and don't push it too far, but those HURT... Anyone else have this problem? If so, what do you do? (Quit whining is an acceptable answer here!) Are there ways to do lunges and squats that are easier on your knees?

Also, I'm getting a little bored with this DVD - any suggestions for ones that are 30-45 minutes in length and a good, heart pumping workout?

Have a good day, everyone!
    Yep, I got the info for it out of the database here, then added in the info for the veggies seperately. Was just shocked at the high numbers for the roast and was hoping maybe whoever's roast entry in the database that I used was perhaps made differently than mine and mine wasnt that high lol:blushing:
    I have problems with squats and lunges too. The only thing that I have found that helps me (on the days that I dont just SKIP them lol) is to modify, modify, MODIFY!:happy: I will take a wider stance for them, not go down as far, etc. That helps a bit for me.
    As for a new dvd to try....I would recommend Kathy Smith's "Lift Weights to Lose Weight Disc 1". Although it mostly focuses on using light weights, its a great "circuit training" dvd that ALWAYS leaves me sweating and really feeling like I worked my butt off!:drinker: I love it when Im feeling extra strong on a certain day and thinking, Hey Kathy...BRING IT ON!:laugh:
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies! Last night I ended up drinking 3 glasses of water before bed. Apparently I get hungry about an hour before bed. So, I did ok with the goal, but it was really challenging for me last night.

I would see what other sites would say for calories. You can Google "food item name and calories" and something usually pops up. Then you can compare it. Since it's a homemade one on this site it could have different items cooked with it, they could have even included the vegetables and whatever else in their calculation.

Last night I did a 20 minute Turbo Jam workout followed by Ab Blaster. It was a lot of fun. Oh and I lost .8 lbs for this week. I know it's not that much, but I haven't lost anything in awhile and was super excited when I stepped on the scale this morning!

I honestly love the Turbo Jam series of workouts. There are several and most are around 30-45 minutes. There's a 20 minute one and the Cardio parties are usually 45-50 minutes, there's one called Fat Blaster that's 30 minutes. There are some strength training ones that aren't that long...lower body blast (30 minutes) and 3T (I think it's 35 minutes). They have lunges and stuff in there, but you can modify them.
  • slvrcavchick03
    Options
    Random, but I know exactly how this feels. My fiance just HAS to have his oreos ...:(