Did he do his "time"?

Options
13»

Replies

• brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I say her body, her life, her choice and your opinion really doesn't count. :-)

Actually, I would say that since she asked her, it probably does count to a certain degree. Just putting that out there ;)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    nope...he didn't do enough "time" until she has a ring on her finger lol

What year is it where you live? :laugh:

Oh.. you can get those at Walmart for like 12 bucks. I keep a whole bag of them in car for emergencies.

LMAO! Too funny!
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    So there you have it.... as in everything else.... lots of opinions on both sides of the fence.

People can be honest online, and people can be fake.
    People can be honest IRL, and people can be fake.

I think rules can be great and can be ridiculous.

And why is everyone dancing around HER rule anyways. He is part of the equation, why is his opinion not given the same amount of respect as hers?
    :happy:
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    Haha well, I met my boyfriend online as well, through complete chance. I say it counts. Although it's obviously not the uh, traditional way of doing things, there's a certain amount of intimacy shared there already. I went through the same thing with my Boyfriend :blushing: I personally felt that there was no "awkward" moment when we finally did the deed in real life, because we had already gotten to know each other in that manner :P

I too met my husband online and we talked for a bit there, then a bit on the phone, then met in real life and ***SPARKS*** and ****FIREWORKS****

I love a Happy Ending. :happy: Oh wait... Not that kind. :laugh:

it was a happy beginning and a happily still going :wink:

Awww . Love that. :)
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    So there you have it.... as in everything else.... lots of opinions on both sides of the fence.

And why is everyone dancing around HER rule anyways. He is part of the equation, why is his opinion not given the same amount of respect as hers?

Very true.

Do men have rules? :laugh:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I think it probably doesn't matter. They'll end up sleeping together anyway.

Haha! From personal experience, if they hit it off in person, this will happen.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I say her body, her life, her choice and your opinion really doesn't count. :-)

Actually, I would say that since she asked her, it probably does count to a certain degree. Just putting that out there ;)

Ah. I only read the OP. I see now.

Either way, the friend asked but still wants to do what she wants to do, so it sounds like she just wanted validation for the choice she already made. I don't know what I'd do if I were in the friend's shoes. I probably would make up my mind AFTER meeting the guy.

I once sort of fell for a guy I met online through e-mails and phone calls. (Not in love, but I really liked him and there was potential!) Then I met him. He looked nothing like his photo and he SMELLED. And not BO, but like that smell where you haven't washed your hair or clothes and they're just rank and stale and icky.

So, she may very well find out he's not what she thinks he is, anyway.
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

Very true.

Maybe not. :wink: But many of us do have opinions and feelings too.

I just feel if a person enters a relationship where one side has a bunch of rules and hoops to jump through, that it may end up being a lop-sided relationship, where one person it always uptight, and the other one is not happy (not necessarily pertaining to your BFFs situation).

I like the "play it by ear" option. Peace. :heart:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Very true.

Maybe not. :wink: But many of us do have opinions and feelings too.

I just feel if a person enters a relationship where one side has a bunch of rules and hoops to jump through, that it may end up being a lop-sided relationship, where one person it always uptight, and the other one is not happy (not necessarily pertaining to your BFFs situation).

I like the "play it by ear" option. Peace. :heart:

I have a time rule, and it's not because I want the man to jump through hoops. It's because sex is such an intimate and emotional thing to do with someone. I made the mistake too many times of becoming physically involved with men who I then wasted a lot of time dating (because of the emotional attachment) and who ended up being huge jerks and I got hurt.

Sex clouds judgment and people enter and remain in relationships they shouldn't because of it. It's better to wait and get to really know the person, especially on the woman's end (usually, though not always).
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    I hate the whole "time" rule. If it feels right, then it feels right. But I am inclined to say that it doesn't count. I don't really get to know someone until you spend face to face time. But thats just me.
  • chelseajillian5
    Options
    Yes to sex! Always yes to sex!

almost always.

^^^^agreedddd lol :)
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Your friend sounds absolutely ridiculous. "I'll have phone sex with him. But real life sex!? HAH! NO!"

Duh. It doesn't make her anymore "pure" by not having sex with him.

$10 they'll bang on the first day. It's a novel concept, it truly is. And how noble... but c'mon. Really?
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    Your friend sounds absolutely ridiculous. "I'll have phone sex with him. But real life sex!? HAH! NO!"

Duh. It doesn't make her anymore "pure" by not having sex with him.

$10 they'll bang on the first day. It's a novel concept, it truly is. And how noble... but c'mon. Really?

Well to be fair, you don't really know the whole situation. Even though my boyfriend and I had phone sex and had met in person quite a few times, we still decided to wait until we were both a little more comfortable around each other in person before we had sex, since it was a first for both of us. I don't think the OP said anything about her friend saying it would make her more pure. And also, her friend is actually saying that the time they've had on the phone DOES count, the OP is the one who says it doesn't. Perhaps you shouldn't jump to conclusions :-)