Break-up on the horizon...

Options
2»

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I found the recipe for a perfect marriage. Seperate houses.
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    hrmmm.... have you talked to him if you have a "feeling" about things?

We've discussed his need to change quite a few times. I've told him how I feel after he does/doesn't do something or says something inappropriate. My family also doesn't care for him, so that puts a lot of strain on me as well because I am close to them.

So, I just have to ask, has he suddenly started doing these "things" or is it something that has been a part of his nature all along that you felt he would change because of his association with you?

If it is new, it has a source. Instead of just addressing the new issue, try to find out what is causing it. Perhaps he is acting out for a reason?

If it is what he as always done, why would he want to change? this is the him you started dating and expecting someone to change for you is just plain silly. Even if he did, he'd resent you for making him change and using his affection for you to cause it to happen is just emotional blackmail.
  • kcrojas630
    kcrojas630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I say break up with him and move on. Your family doesn't like him, and they are probably the best people to judge who's good for you. Then, I like what a poster said about getting a good video to do at home, instead of McDonald's. Just my 2 cents.
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    No guy is worth your health or goals! Besides, you'll need to be hot for all the rebounds ;)