5'10 225 pounder guys tell me about ur success

Options
2»

Replies

• jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Am I just that far out of touch? How the hell does everyone understand what the OP is saying? It's giving me a headache just trying to make out a sentence!!!
  • alejan1975
    alejan1975 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    started jan 7, 6'2, 240 now am just under 207. Definately works if you stick with it and don't lose faith. Even if you are not 100% perfect, you will make headway if you can change your habits and give it time.

Looking to lose another 10 lbs or so.

Good luck!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Hey Bikerman, well done for joining the forums! They will do wonders for you I guarantee it, but can I offer some advice, try not to use as much 'text or msn' style speak, sometimes its hard to understand what you are saying! And not everyone here has english as their first language! Thanks!
  • 3ball
    3ball Posts: 338
    Options
    Am I just that far out of touch? How the hell does everyone understand what the OP is saying? It's giving me a headache just trying to make out a sentence!!!

Yeah, that was brutal. Who knows if any of us answered what was really being asked.
  • RickinNH
    RickinNH Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and was 227 last spring when I started riding a bicycle. I got down to about 210 in the fall without really giving it a lot of thought. When the weather got cold, the riding slowed as I moved indoors on a trainer. It just was not as fun. Through the spring, due to lack of calorie tracking, my weight crept back up to 217.

Three months ago I started tracking calories on MFC, and I have lost ~24 pounds. Here's why it works for me: Obviously, the key is more exercise, less calories. It ain't rocket science. To lose ~2 pounds/ week, I have to limit my calories to about 1500/day. If I don't exercise, 1500 feels like a pretty low amount. But if I throw in bike ride for an hour, I "buy" myself 1000 extra calories. If I can eat 2500 and still be at my calorie goal, I feel like I am eating about as much as I want to eat. If I ride for 2 hours (a quantity of work I have really only built up to recently) then I can eat 3500 calories if I want to, and still be at my target. I have not wanted to eat that much in the past 90 days.

My weight is below 200 for the first time in recent memory, my college soccer playing weight (185) is within sight, and my suit size has gone from snug at 40 to an easy 36.

So logging calories has been the key for me to seeing the link between exercise and food consumption.

PLUS, by logging the food you eat, you also get the added benefit of actually seeing the calories attached to what you eat. This discipline has made junk food and calorie-dense crap seem much, MUCH less appealing to me. I have even cut way back on pasta, rice and bread, which used to be staples. I feel like I am eating all day. But I'm eating fruit and vegetables, instead of starchy junk.

So, the answer is, IMHO, yeah, it works at first, and then success builds on success and then it works more.

Saturday I rode 80 miles. It is a helluva lot easier climbing hills with 30 less pounds to carry.
  • DaveNix
    DaveNix Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    /Samuel L. Jackson on

"ENGLISH MOTHER &*^*&^*&*& - DO YOU SPEAK IT????!!!!"

/Samuel L. Jackson off

I'm 5'10", Started in March at 265lbs, Now at 222. This absolutely works IF you are honest with yourself and get help when you need it. I've logged on for 160 consecutive days and ~120 of them have been "Good", 35 have been *Meh*, and 5 have been "OMG WTF did I do?"

Stick with it - get moving and extend your life.
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    I am not a guy, obviously lol But, I wanted to wish you luck. MFP does work! :)
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    It DEFINITELY works. I'm 5'-10" and started 11 weeks at weighting 261. I'm 228 now, I feel great, button-down shirts aren't popping open and I'm never hungry. Do it -- you won't regret it!
  • bikeraman
    bikeraman Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    thanx alot guys...you people have realy motivated me to a great extent...and now am going to work hard.... n yeah not to forget whenever i will post anything i will write in pure english!!! :wink: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Good thing dude! Welcome to the board!
  • wildside79
    Options
    5'10" started at about 235 late Dec by giving up pop, and paying a little bit more attn to what I ate. Last couple months have been difficult and I've been relaxing more, but I'm under 190 pounds (I'm fluxing between 186-189 most of the time). The program works, my first two weeks were on this program alone before I really even started exercising.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", high weight of 230, started MFP at 210, bouncing between 155-158 right now.
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    I'm 5'8 started at 248 in January 2011, currenlty at 174 with a goal weight of 160. This works, just keep logging away.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!