sometimes i wonder....whats the point

Options
13»

Replies

• tristahenry
    Options
    I worry that you are a bit too focused on your weight and less on health. You might want to consider ignoring the scale for a while and just gauge on how you feel about yourself. Set yourself a fitness goal (maybe a race or triathalon) instead of a weight goal and eat to fuel your body. Or you should consider BMI tracking instead of weight. I think you'll be surprised at how you change your outlook. You need to be within a certain weight range to stay healthy and usually your body will tell you what that is. I am 5' 8" and from your pic a similar build. When I was at 120, I was told I need to gain weight by my doctor, I was simply too lean. For me, 130-135 is a healthy weight that gets me through the day feeling great. I don't know you so I can't assume... just make sure you are seeing yourself in a healthy body image considering your weight, strength, stamina and overall feel. It's so important that you reevaluate yourself in this way from time to time to make sure you are in an overall healthful state of mind and body since you are setting a precedent for your little ones.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are already at what your body is happy at!

This is what I was going to say!

i would have to agree. i know its all about how an individual feels about themselves, and each to their own, but i am 5ft5 and 126, and fairly slim and i think i would struggle to lose more than an extra pound or 2.