College Football Fans <---in here

Options

Replies

• arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    love me some college football, but letting the NCAA hand out penalties is the ultimate case of the fox guarding the hen house
  • TommyWR
    TommyWR Posts: 65
    Options
    I badly need to be distracted.
    1. What do you think about LSU and their team members getting in a huge barfight(stupid corndogs!)

One game suspension at the most. Les Miles is not known for his discipline. I bet they are trying to figure out a way to make it teh second game of the year isntead of the first.
    I ahve always liked OU. However, they are over rated, but will have a hard time getting unseated out of the top two because of thier relatively weak schedule.
    Miami will not get the death penalty. They will get hammered, but I dont think the NCAA will deliver that again. SMU has never recovered.
  • TommyWR
    TommyWR Posts: 65
    Options
    ^^^^^^ the quote function did not turn out like I had hoped. :laugh:
  • sportsforfun
    Options
    Best part of fall is college football. Go Huskers!

1. What do you think about LSU and their team members getting in a huge barfight(stupid corndogs!)
    Hope there are no suspensions so it doesn't ruin the Oregon showdown.

2. OU being picked #1 in the preseason poll
    They seem like a good team. i doubt they are the best team in the country but with an easy schedule in the Big 12, it should be fairly easy for them to run their schedule. O-line is a bit new though so watch for that early in the season.

3. Possibilty of the investigation of Miami leading to an SMU like death penalty
    Doubt it will happen. Rules need to be changed somewhere to stop this crap.

Predictions:

SEC Champ: South Carolina
    Big 10 Champ: Nebraska!!!
    Big 12 Champ: Oklahoma
    Pac 12: Stanford
    Big East: West Virginia
    ACC: Viginia Tech
  • lildevil968
    lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I really don't know the whole story on the LSwho group and their fight so I'll be nice on that one.

OU usually has a tough team but I think the #2 team in the AP poll can beat them :)

Looks like Miami is going to get into some serious trouble but I do not see the NCAA using the death penalty ever again after SMU.

Which is a shame because teams can use that to their advantage and not have to worry about being punished, the worst that can happen is getting an asteric, losing scholarships and a ban on post season games. Also by the time the NCAA finishes their investigation and punishes a school the people that broke the rules have moved on to the NFL and nothing happens to them.

I read in a recent article, that they would not have a problem doing that again.
    And the thing about Miami... this has allegedly been going on under like three or four different coaches.

If things are as bad as I've heard/read then the death penalty needs to be used, just my opinion, if the NCAA doesn't do something than the rule breaking will just get worse.

Since there are Texas people on here, what do y'all think about A&M possibly coming to the SEC??
    Last we heard was that the SEC denied them entrance. I don't care as long as they still play the Thanksgiving day game.
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    GO DUCKS!!!!!!!
  • lildevil968
    lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Since there are Texas people on here, what do y'all think about A&M possibly coming to the SEC??

I hope they do. I am so sick of their constant whining, not to mention Little Brother syndrome.

Do you think the new coordinators will help Texas?

maybe make a bowl game this season.

I can't imagine how dissapointing last season was for Texas fans.
    Ouch :cry: Anything is better than last season.
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

You know we play another season opener in a few years? lol
  • 46and2
    46and2 Posts: 167
    Options
    Bronco Nation! :) That is all~

Bleed Blue!
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Not surprised. I mean, we're talking LSU here.

2. OU being picked #1 in the preseason poll.
    Can't argue with it - probably a kiss of death for them though.

3. Possibilty of the investigation of Miami leading to an SMU like death penalty.
    No chance Miami gets the death penalty, but the sanctions could be very costly for a team with probably the most fickle fans in Division I-A football. The death penalty is reserved for programs that continue to offend after being sanctioned.

4. Let's just say, I know a lot of off-color songs about Michigan >: )
    That narrows it down to 11 possible schools - 12 if you count Notre Dame.

5. Bronco Nation! :) That is all~
    Nice. It is not every day you see Western Michigan represented with such enthusiasm.
  • 46and2
    46and2 Posts: 167
    Options

Nice. It is not every day you see Western Michigan represented with such enthusiasm.

I had to Google Western Michigan just to see what you were talking about...
  • tinalb28
    tinalb28 Posts: 22
    Options
    #1 College Football Fan....Go Razorbacks!!!
  • shannon877
    shannon877 Posts: 55 Member
    Options

POST OF THE DAY!

LMAO!!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    go herd!
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Such a fan! I love college ball! I'm afraid to post my affiliations here though...lol.

Let's just say, I know a lot of off-color songs about Michigan >: )

Uh, well, I don't know any of these songs you speak of, but would love to!
    Not afraid to post my affiliation!

Go IRISH!
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

Yes the 2013 season opener, I have family in Virginia so no matter who wins there will be phone calls and much taunting.
  • amethyst1
    Options

3. Possibilty of the investigation of Miami leading to an SMU like death penalty.
    No chance Miami gets the death penalty, but the sanctions could be very costly for a team with probably the most fickle fans in Division I-A football. The death penalty is reserved for programs that continue to offend after being sanctioned.

• amethyst1
    Options

I love your post!! You should be a game day commentator! My husband and I are Spartan grads and assumed all of our children had green&white in their dna, but our first born will begin his college career at....gulp...Michigan in 2 weeks. Goodbye beloved off-color songs!!
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

Yes the 2013 season opener, I have family in Virginia so no matter who wins there will be phone calls and much taunting.

I heard this and was like "nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" I honestly hate playing these huge openers for our first game. VT starts slow every season. Why can't these games be in the middle when we have some mojo.

That said I went to the Bama opener a few years ago and had a blast, it was actually a great game. Bama fans(save one jerk) were pretty cool.

Auburn fans still top my worst ever(Miami #2)