College Football Fans <---in here

Options

Replies

• jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

You know we play another season opener in a few years? lol

Yes the 2013 season opener, I have family in Virginia so no matter who wins there will be phone calls and much taunting.

I heard this and was like "nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" I honestly hate playing these huge openers for our first game. VT starts slow every season. Why can't these games be in the middle when we have some mojo.

That said I went to the Bama opener a few years ago and had a blast, it was actually a great game. Bama fans(save one jerk) were pretty cool.

Auburn fans still top my worst ever(Miami #2)

Friend request sent
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling les miles isn't going to punish those kids and it irks me

the QB is crap anyway.
  • jlzrdking
    Options

Auburn fans still top my worst ever(Miami #2)

Friend request sent
    [/quote]

Last year I took my dad to see Bama and Ms. State play and we get on a bus to go to the stadium and of course it's full of Bama people and a few State people and I look over to my left and there is a guy in his full awbarn gear.

All I could think of is why are you here next to me, I didn't say anything just thought it.

Les Miles will do nothing to his players the worst might be a one game suspension.

I'm sure those 4 players were just defending themselves against the one person :laugh:
  • barbarajean3
    barbarajean3 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Cann't wait for Bama football!! I love college ball more than most men I know.:happy:
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Cann't wait for Bama football!! I love college ball more than most men I know.:happy:

I'm the same way. I think I embarrased my ex husband.

And the man I am dating said

"you watch a VT game and turn into something I don't recognize"

I hope Bama wins the SEC. I hate LSU, hate Auburn, and live in Georiga. lol
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Go Nittany Lions!

Anyone a Penn State fan? Anyone?
  • shannon877
    shannon877 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm a Joe Pa fan, but not necessarily a Penn State fan. I'll pull for them when I don't care who wins, just because Joe Pa is a sexy beast.

I live in the TOP of Louisiana, and I'm NOT an LSU fan. I pull for Notre Dame, or whoever is playing LSU. My BF is from Michigan, so I give him a lot of grief because they suck now.

I really enjoy watching Nick Saban win, because so many LSU fans think he's the devil. LOL
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    4. Let's just say, I know a lot of off-color songs about Michigan >: )
    That narrows it down to 11 possible schools - 12 if you count Notre Dame.

Ah, but we OSU fans think that we pretty much have the market cornered when it comes to loathing the State Up North.
  • batlou
    batlou Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Countdown to Kickoff...

7 Days!!!

First up is Louisville vs. Murry St. at 6PM on Thursday. Not much of a matchup but still excited to watch.
  • jlzrdking
    Options
    8 days 8 hours 39 mins and couting till kick off.
  • jlzrdking
    Options
    Good new for the LSU people:

Apparently, no charges were filed against Jordan Jefferson because he only completed 4 of the 16 punches he threw, and 2 of those were to the wrong person. The team’s Curfew was 10:30, but seeing as the incident happened around 2:00 am, clock management is still an issue for Les Miles.
  • shannon877
    shannon877 Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Apparently, no charges were filed against Jordan Jefferson because he only completed 4 of the 16 punches he threw, and 2 of those were to the wrong person. The team’s Curfew was 10:30, but seeing as the incident happened around 2:00 am, clock management is still an issue for Les Miles.

ROFLMAO
    This is the best post ever.
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options

That is AWESOME!!!
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options

1. What do you think about LSU and their team members getting in a huge barfight(stupid corndogs!)

2. OU being picked #1 in the preseason poll

3. Possibilty of the investigation of Miami leading to an SMU like death penalty

1. It happens everywhere not just LSU. It depends on who gets caught, hate to say it but most of us know that is true. I do think that when college kids are put in certain situations, not all are able to handle the situation that one would think. They obviously broke some rules and should be dealt with accordingly, what that punishment is depends on the institution.

2.Can't argue it but for me it is a toss up between OU and Bama right now. Preseason polls is nothing but a media ploy to get people excited about the upcoming season. I think they should wait a few weeks into the season and then release a poll that could be more accurate as to the teams rankings.

3. Miami getting the death penalty would some what surprise me. I do not think it will happen but I will say that if it does happen it is because the NCAA is trying to regain control of what is happening within college athletics and will use Miami as an example in order to get the other institutions to straighten up and do what the NCAA rules state.

I really could go on and on about LSU and Miami but I won't for now. Keep in mind, what is happening in college athletics or sports as a whole is just showing us what happens in this country.
  • jlzrdking
    Options

ROFLMAO
    This is the best post ever.

I can't take credit I stole that joke from Tide Sports forum
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Another Buckeye fan here!!!!!!!!! GO BUCKS!!!!!!! I bleed scarlet and grey!
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    first off miami isn't going to get the death penalty but be might be sanctioned all the way to a mid-major conference with appalachian state joining the ACC.

my loyaltiy is to the cardinal and gold of the men of troy, FiGHT ON! And let me just clarify USC didn't just get sanctioned for Reggie Bush's parent's taking money but also for OJ Mayo and women's tennis team doing crap and taking benefits.

to you buckeyes i'm so over you not showing up in bowl games. the big 12 should be disbanded and the era of the superconference needs to begin now!
  • jlzrdking
    Options
    first off miami isn't going to get the death penalty but be might be sanctioned all the way to a mid-major conference with appalachian state joining the ACC.

my loyaltiy is to the cardinal and gold of the men of troy, FiGHT ON! And let me just clarify USC didn't just get sanctioned for Reggie Bush's parent's taking money but also for OJ Mayo and women's tennis team doing crap and taking benefits.

to you buckeyes i'm so over you not showing up in bowl games. the big 12 should be disbanded and the era of the superconference needs to begin now!

I like the superconference idea especially if the NCAA does away with the BCS system and goes to playoffs.

But i'm not going to hold my breath waiting on the BCS to die

So how do y'all like Lane Kiffin??

I live close to the Tenn state line and those people want his head on a platter.
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options

I like the superconference idea especially if the NCAA does away with the BCS system and goes to playoffs.

But i'm not going to hold my breath waiting on the BCS to die

So how do y'all like Lane Kiffin??

I live close to the Tenn state line and those people want his head on a platter.

he isn't the media darling that pete was but he is getting the job done. i think it's good that he is focused on the team and not outside things like pete. overall, it sucks that he left the way he did but i'm glad he is at USC he is a good fit for now.
  • jlzrdking
    Options
    Things are not looking good for LSU:

http://www.wafb.com/story/15339157/arrest-warrants-issued-for-jefferson-and-johns

not sure how to insert a hot link here