TRIBAL CAPTAINS FORUM (CLOSED)

Welcome everyone. This will be a main communication point for team captains to hash over ideas, questions and answers. Many of you are returning from the August Challenge. Please help those that are just beginning.

I'm currently looking into using Google Docs as a central way for us to post points and eliminate any spreadsheet issues.

I would also encourage you to encourage your folks to purchase a set of dumbbells. 3lb or 5lb to start out with. This will really help them build, tone and define muscle. They can be purchased for under $10 from walmart. If they are unable cans of soup, vegetable juice and water bottles can be used as substitutes.

At the end of this week I will begin posting information about September's Daily and Weekly challenges. We will have two separate workout programs. Some of the exercises with crossover, however many will not. We will have the nomad series which will be more of a repeat of what we've done in august. We will also have the BUSHMEN series. This will be an advanced workout series designed to push those ready for a new challenge.

We will be utilizing (HIIT) High Impact Interval Training along with TABATA Training. A tabata timer will be provide for free in the future via mp3 file. This will be a free download and can help your teammates stay on the tabata cycle. Tabata training is a 20 second intense workout with a 10 second break over 4 exercises and then you repeat for a total of 4 minutes. It is designed to increase aerobic and anaerobic conditioning. You can google and read more about Tabata training.

Another Bushmen series exercise program we will utilize is Wildman Training. This uses primarily bodyweight exercises to help tone, burn and shape our new bodies.

The weekly team challenges will now be referred to as tribal challenges.

I'm proud of each one of you for leading your team to victory. If you find team members are not working out please contact me and we can make moves sooner than later.

THIS SEPTEMBER WE ARE GOING TRIBAL AND WE ARE GOING TO CHANGE OUR MFP COMMUNITY!

Replies

• Thx for the update Gary!!!
  • hefinator
    hefinator Posts: 260
    Thanx Gary!! Can't wait to see what is in store for September!
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Thanks Gary...Jules and I are really looking forward to this!!
  • I already have a dumb question..lol. When I am sending a message to my team, can I do a mass message or do I have to do them individually? I tried putting a comma in between and it just didn't work.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    :noway:
  • 3trees
    3trees Posts: 71 Member
    You're awesome, Gary. Thanks for organizing. I'm not sure what's going on with my team though - will there be a reshuffling of team members, if necessary?
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 619 Member
    Thanks Gary...Jules and I are really looking forward to this!!
    Looking forward to it Gary....
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Thanks Gary!
  • sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    Can't wait!!!!
  • CassandreNoreen
    CassandreNoreen Posts: 158 Member
    Thanks Gary! My team's really excited to kick some tribal butt!
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Thanks so much Gary!!!!

I know I am really looking forward to this!!!

~ Sonia
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    As far as I know you cannot add multiple people emails.
  • bump
  • As far as I know you cannot add multiple people emails.
    Thanks.. I thought maybe that was so but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something :)
  • Thanks so much Gary! jennyocox e-mailed me today to say she was on my team.....Atr we split into groups? If so, how many and how would I find out who's all together as a Group?
  • MommyNemo
    MommyNemo Posts: 29 Member
    This will be my first go around and I am excited! Cant wait to see what you have in store for us! :)
  • jennyocox
    jennyocox Posts: 143
    Thanks so much Gary! jennyocox e-mailed me today to say she was on my team.....Atr we split into groups? If so, how many and how would I find out who's all together as a Group?

Hey Cathy

BMW4deb is our captain. She posted the list of who's on our team in the FAT-B-GONE post.

Jenny
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    As far as I know you cannot add multiple people emails.
    Thanks.. I thought maybe that was so but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something :)

I have posted a message on the suggestions forum about this. It should be an easy enhancement.

For now, I draft my message in notepad along with a list of my team members and copy/paste from notepad to MFP. You might also suggest that they all provide you with their personal e-mail or something... that is if they check it often enough.

Thanks again GARY for organizing!! You are WONDERFUL!!!
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,380 Member
    I am a new captain and wanted to check in for the September challenge.
  • maroon98
    maroon98 Posts: 121
    Bump