TRIBAL CAPTAINS FORUM (CLOSED)

Replies

• FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    I'm so excited to start. Thanks Gary!
  • laurielou04
    laurielou04 Posts: 231 Member
    Thanks for organizing this Gary!!!! Really excited for this challenge!
  • maroon98
    maroon98 Posts: 121
    Quick question....were the team captains supposed to receive an email from Gary in the past few days? If so..I haven't.....I've already emailed Gary with my tram name, roster, and my external email....not sure if it got lost in the shuffle...

Kim (maroon98)
    Victorious Vixens captain
  • laurielou04
    Quick question....were the team captains supposed to receive an email from Gary in the past few days? If so..I haven't.....I've already emailed Gary with my tram name, roster, and my external email....not sure if it got lost in the shuffle...

Kim (maroon98)

I have received one email and only came across this forum in the message boards.
  • FitJ1210

Kim (maroon98)

Kim I received one last night this morn? Raising Our Spears in Sept and Were Going Tribal Rules by a external email I provided Gary.

I'd PM him the info again.
  • FitJ1210
    From Gary : Our tribal rules

RAISING OUR IN SEPTEMBER AND WE’RE ! SPEARS GOING TRIBAL
    Welcome and thank you so much for being a team captain for this MFP Challenge. I believe this is one
    of the largest MFP Challenges to date and it’s all made possible by you! You folks really are ROCKSTARS!
    If a team member is unable to fulfill their place a replacement can be made please update me with the
    information.
    September 1st Deadline
    • Make sure you have contacted each team member and given them your forum post link
    • Obtain everyone’s starting weight as of September 1
    st
    or the night before
    • Post the weekly challenges to your team forum prior to September 1 st and prior to each week
    • End of the week tally your teams points (this can be done daily if easier)
    • Add Bonus Points at the end of the week where applicable
    The scoring is as follows. I hope this is simple. If you have questions I’ll answer them for you.
    • 1 point for each pound lost per team member
    • 1 point for each team member who does their daily exercise challenge (1 point per member)
    • 1 point for the other weekly challenges (water intake, staying under calories etc.) Each week
    different challenge per member
    • (you will put 1 in the excel spreadsheet)
    • BONUS POINTS
    o Daily Exercise – If every team member logs the daily exercise as doing it for all 6 days
    Mon – Sat. You may award your TEAM an extra 5 points
    o Weekly Challenges – if every team member log the weekly challenge as doing it for all 6
    days Mon – Sat. You may award your TEAM an extra 5 points

Each week you will email me your Team Name and your total points! This is all honor based so please
    be honest and encourage your team to be honest.
    That’s it. The next email coming later this weekend will be the team challenges. Let’s Step It UP in
    SEPTEMBER AND GO TRIBAL!
    Go Weapons of Mass Reduction!
    Your MFP
    Buddy Gary
  • FitJ1210
    Kim this is what I have and posted on my thread today

Also FYI From Gary:

I will send out the list of Week 1's challenges by Monday. Hopefully sooner. There will be 2 levels of challenges. A basic low impact workout and an advanced (BUSHMEN) high impact workout. Encourage your people to mix and match if they so choose.

I hope this helps.... Jorden
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    fitnhealthyccthatsme Posts: 359 Member
    Hi all, this is my first go at being a Team Captain. I'm looking forward to the Sept Challenge!

~Cheryl
    TNT Crew
  • Bump... to keep in my topics. I still haven't received any rules for September challenge. Is there a spreadsheet format to start with or do I create my own?
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    I'm a new captain as well and really looking forward to this challenge. Just sent my team info yesterday!
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    THESE ARE THE ADVANCED EXERCISES! I will post the youtube videos tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!
    Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
    Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 5 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 7 - Rest! You deserve it!
    *******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********
    Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.
  • Gary6030
    THESE ARE THE BASIC EXERCISES for Week 1. more youtube videos will be posted tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
    This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights) + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run.
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) The video is a little long sorry.
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 50 Crunches + 50 Toe Touches
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiDNLfNKBYA&playnext=1&list=PL41F287FEDA882B18 )
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches + 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!
    *******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********
    Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.
    *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.
  • Gary6030
    Watch for the spreadsheet tomorrow. I will include a sample spreadsheet so you can see how to keep track.

Thanks!
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    I'm a little confused about when we are starting. Sept 1 is a Thursday, and it was stated previously that the day of rest would be Sundays. Since the exercises posted are for 7 days, it appears we go Thursday-Wednesday for these, with Wednesday being the day of rest? I just want to make sure I have this right. Thanks!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Excellent. . . Butterflies Breaking Free. . . are ready to rumble! . . .Thanks for the new challenge Gary!
  • maroon98
    maroon98 Posts: 121
    Hey fellow Captains,
    Have others not heard from Gary at all? I keep PM'ing him from his profile but I'm not hearing anything back....I've got team members who are getting antsy that our team may not be registered. I figure he's completely swamped but I'm wondering if I'm going about contacting him the wrong way? I always include the "TRIBAL SEPT CHALLENGE" in my subject lines...so....not sure what else I should/could be doing?

Cheers,
    Kim (maroon98)
    Captain, Victorious Vixens
  • unluckyIrish
    unluckyIrish Posts: 121 Member
    Thanks Gary, you are great for organizing this. Just to clarify, are we starting this challenge on the first or on next Monday? :) Ether way is fine with the Miss Fits :)
  • JRena225
    JRena225 Posts: 373
    I'm a little confused about when we are starting. Sept 1 is a Thursday, and it was stated previously that the day of rest would be Sundays. Since the exercises posted are for 7 days, it appears we go Thursday-Wednesday for these, with Wednesday being the day of rest? I just want to make sure I have this right. Thanks!

EXCELLENT QUESTION
  • laurielou04
    Hey fellow Captains,
    Have others not heard from Gary at all? I keep PM'ing him from his profile but I'm not hearing anything back....I've got team members who are getting antsy that our team may not be registered. I figure he's completely swamped but I'm wondering if I'm going about contacting him the wrong way? I always include the "TRIBAL SEPT CHALLENGE" in my subject lines...so....not sure what else I should/could be doing?

Cheers,
    Kim (maroon98)
    Captain, Victorious Vixens

I usually just private message him. Usually responds day of.
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member

EXCELLENT QUESTION

This is my question as well...