Is it okay if I just flail?

2»

Replies

• Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    I just got a mental image of Pheobe running on a Friends episode...I am probably the only one that remembers that episode, but oh well!
    No, you're not the only one to remember that. Too funny! Here it is... http://youtu.be/E_0Ta_DIWuU
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    I just got a mental image of Pheobe running on a Friends episode...I am probably the only one that remembers that episode, but oh well!

I remember it too!

OP, IVY. I'm the exact same way - I did a dance routine on Netflix the other day and felt like a complete dork. And I've done this particular one several times before, but I still can't master the moves at all. But yes, you absolutely burn calories no matter what.

I agree with our friend Jillian. Perfection is BORING.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    I used to play DDR when I was trying to lose weight for my wedding six years ago. It had a workout mode. I didn't have much of a sense of rhythm, but if I made a step on one of the arrows, it counted it toward my burned calories. Even if it was the wrong arrow or the wrong beat, as long as I was stepping on something repeatedly, it assumed I was burning calories.

Therefore, burning calories does not require rhythm or coordination. Just try not to hurt yourself or others. Sometimes working out alone helps you avoid embarrassment.
  • demonNIИ
    demonNIИ Posts: 187
    Hey don't be embarrassed about flailing at home. I make a fool of myself in front of a dozen people every Step class! I get 50% of the moves but some I just completely loose it and try to look my best... still keep that HR up though!