Sixers Holiday Challenge-Week 4

Options
124»

Replies

• pdxmomof2
    Options
    Pedal,

I am with you there. We dont get snow either and are under a foot of it. And add freezing rain to the mix. Our city is basically shut down too. I love the snow. We dont get it often at all. Just alot of cold and rain in the winter.

I also agree with you on this not being a good example of how things should be. I am not going to be weighing in until after Christmas is over. I just cant stay on track and it is emotionally challenging me to the point of tears. I dont want to be miserable. I will check in with all of you but I am not going to be trying to loose anything right now.

:sad: :brokenheart:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Amy, no stress babe!! I've been thinking for a while that maintaining rather than losing is a much less stressful approach to the holidays. I'm making MUCH better choices than the last several years and I'm bouncing back and forth between the same 2 lbs and you know what? I can handle that fact. I'll be headed out, guns blazing, come the end of the holidays and therefore the highly unpredictable and erratic schedule and all of a sudden I've stopped WORRYING about it. No tears, no broken hearts, let's just keep making decent choices so we don't pack it on and give our hearts and minds a break from the burden of guilt. We're ALL going into 2009 so much healthier and leaner than we were in 2008 and amen to that!!! Enjoy the holidays, allow yourself to feel refreshed by it, and brace yourself for a hard-*kitten* push from me come the close of the holidays :wink: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    mornin' all.....hope all is well with you ladies....hope to see you all back when the holidays are over....
    i am doing great with changing my lifestyle and thinking before eating for any reasons. today is the gym workout.
    well, check back later to see if anyone else is around.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! NO time to post now! I'll check back a little later! Just wanted to let you know I am here!!!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Okay...let's talk about the weekend. Friday night was fine, Saturday morning I got up and went to spinning. Weighed myself to see if Fridays weigh-in of 155.5 was accurate and weighed at 155! SO excited! Then the rest of the day was okay...Sunday however I was HORRIBLE! Woke up not feeling so great and decided to skip my Sunday morning spin class. Then vegged on the couch pretty much ALL day! And by vegged I mean little movement, lots of bad eating! :grumble: :grumble: Why do I do this!?!:grumble: :grumble:

But today, back to my usual attitude! A new day! A clean slate! It's gonna be a good one! Here's the plan so far...

Breakfast
    One A Day - Womens Multi Vitamin, 1 tablet 0
    Old Orchard - Healthy Balance Pomegranate Cranberry, 8 FL OZ 29
    Multi Grain Cheerios & Banana, 1 meal 255
    Total breakfast 284

AM snacks
    Kashi Tlc - Baked Apple Spice Cereal Bar, 1 Bar 110
    Coffee - ground, 2 cup 0
    Nestle Coffee Mate - Coffee Creamer (Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel), 2 tbsp 30
    Total AM snacks 140

Lunch
    Diet Coke - Soft Drink, 6 fl. oz. 0
    Carrots - Baby, 14 pieces 35
    Ae Yo-Lite Yogurt - Yogurt, 6 oz 80
    Home made basic salad with spritzer dressing, 1 meal 83
    Butterball - Grilled Chicken Strips, 3 oz 90
    Total lunch 288

Afternoon snacks
    Tangerines, (mandarin oranges) - Raw, 2 small (2-1/4" dia) 74
    Kashi - TLC Crunchy Granola Bars - Roasted Almond Crunch, 2 bars 180
    Total afternoon snacks 254

Dinner
    I'm thawing chicken...not sure what I'll do with it yet!

PM snacks
    Depends on what I have remaining. Not sure yet!

Total: 966
    Your Daily Goal: 1,200
    Remaining: 234

Exercise plan: 5K run, 1 hour BodyPump

So, I think today will be good. I'm sure I will have plenty of extra calories as usual. Will probably have a little frozen yogurt after dinner, but we shall see!

Hope everyone else is having a good day! Tomorrow is a new thread, new week, new weigh in! AND....only 2 days until Christmas!!!!!!!!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Yay Cathy and Kristin for doing so well!! I've also been pleased with making well thought-through choices. Feels so good to know the "smart way" is really integrating into my person. I've been eating clean meals several times a day like usual, keeping portions proper and getting exercise but I haven't tracked in a few days and I probably won't much until after holidays. I just never know where we're going to be and I fare better keeping it open with this much variability than being out and unable to eat what I'd planned because then I feel like I've wrecked my day and I'm more likely to stray to something I otherwise wouldn't have. Kudos to you who are sticking 100% to what you were doing before these holidays! :wink:

I don't know if I'll get on again for the next several days but I'm here :happy:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hi girls! I went ahead and started the new thread for next week...week 5!:noway: So...you can look for it today if you want of tomorrow morning.

Remember...it's under Motivation and Support!

YOU CAN DO IT GIRLS!!!!! LET'S ALL BE LOSERS THIS WEEK!!!!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    sister from canada just sent me some cake cookies for Christmas. had a small one, very good. she had told me that they aren't as fresh just a few days after making them, so eatem up. she knows (as she lost 150#s) i am losing weight so they are good. i am going to call her and see what they are made from. they were good. she was just mad because ups told her it would just be 2 days, well it took almost a week.

did my gym workout. had a terriable headache so cut it short and sat in the steamroom for awhile, didn't help. winds blowing might be the allergies.

well off to get some things done around here.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    heres a question i posted in exercise. just wanted to repost here to see if any of you might know.

now i have worn mine for a few years. i have always just guessed on my resting HR. this weekend i sat for 2 mins and let it settle on a number 56/57. i had set my HRM on 73. so reset the HRM to 57 and today at the gym i did 30 ellipical, 15 treadmill, weights. says i burned 800 cals. fine with me. but, before i changed the resting HR i would do the same workout and only burn 600.
    question is could changeing that really have changed how much i burn by that much?
    this could be why the scale never moved the day after gym visists. i normally don't eat all my exercise calories. I know, i know eat them. this could explain why the scale doesn't move. i was burning way more than i thought and am leaving too many uneaten. so today i am eating them and see what happens on weigh in day tomorrow.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hmmmm...Cathy....I don't know. I'm sorry I can't help with this question. But I read your other post and I think it is true about taking your HR in the mornings when you first wake up...this should be most accurate. But there could be other times to take it as well. Maybe someone knows about this. Good luck to ya!

I decided to make a Cheezy Chicken BBQ Skillet for dinner tonight. I will let you know how it turns out, but here is the recipe:

Cheezy Chicken BBQ Skillet

You need:
    1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken cut into strips
    2 c. instant white rice (uncooked)
    1 c. BBQ sauce
    1.5 c. water
    1 c. black beans (rinsed and drainined)
    1.5 c. shredded cheddar cheese

1. Cook the chicken in a skillet on med-high for 4-5 minutes or until chicken in cooked through.
    2. Stir in the rice, BBQ sauce, and water and bring to a boil.
    3. Reduce to low heat, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
    4. Add the beans and 1 c. of the cheese and mix slightly.
    5. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 c. cheese and cover until melted.

Serves 6
    Cal-400
    Fat-12
    Chol-70
    Sod-780
    Carb-46
    Fib-3
    Sug-12
    Prot-27

Sounds yummy! I can't wait to make it!!! Have a good rest of the day ladies, and if I don't get back on tonight, I'll see you tomorrow on Sixers Holiday Challenge Week 5 (which I've already created!!)