I need a fitness buddy....

Options

Replies

• heyjude78
    heyjude78 Posts: 160
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hope everyone who's not feeling well feels better soon!

Welcome to the newcomers =)

I had a birthday party last night and ate waaaay too much at 3:30 in the morning-ugh! It was fun though. I woke up late and tried to recuperate at home. My roomie and I were talking about food and I got a huge craving for carbs and so I ate too much bread (the love of my life at times). Then, I made brown rice (making it for the whole week) and I ate about 2 cups and I was still full from the bread. I don't know what I was trying to fill up because I was full =( So I just got back from a mile + walk and I feel a lot better, but bewildered at my sudden cravings when I've been doing pretty well (eating and craving wise). Now I don't want to take my measurements cause I feel gross and Sunday is my day to weigh in....
  • happenstance82
    Options
    Haha, try not to feel too bad...sometimes a celebration is in order! Tonight, I had to log 5 glasses of white zin in my food diary...not pretty. Actually, it only ended up putting me at -12 calories...sooo, I jump roped for a couple minutes...HAHAHA, that took care of it. Do you think drunken jump roping burns more calories?
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Haha, try not to feel too bad...sometimes a celebration is in order! Tonight, I had to log 5 glasses of white zin in my food diary...not pretty. Actually, it only ended up putting me at -12 calories...sooo, I jump roped for a couple minutes...HAHAHA, that took care of it. Do you think drunken jump roping burns more calories?
    I think it just might! Haha!! Be careful and have fun!!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    renae - I've been watching your ticker go up, up & up!! Great job!! You got alot to be proud of! :drinker:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    renae - I've been watching your ticker go up, up & up!! Great job!! You got alot to be proud of! :drinker:
    Thank you so much! I have been trying that I ever have before!!
  • happenstance82
    Options
    Hey everyone...HAPPY MONDAY! It's a new week! New week...new goals? Last week my goal was to try going to the gym twice a day(morning, when I drop my bf off at class AND at night, when we both get home from work) I did it!(and found out how much I love A.M. workouts)

My goal this week is to add 5 minutes to my usual 30 minutes on the eliptical at the gym for my morning workout. Does anyone else have something they're aiming for this week? WE CAN DO IT!
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Hello Buddies!!
    I finished my treadmill workout & did my push up challenge as well as some additional leg work (lunges, squats, etc.) I feel great!! I'm loving this new me!!

As far as additional goals for the week.... .. I want to work out M-F this week with a bonus day on Saturday! Then in the evening while watching tv do some additional abs & stretching exercises! Ya I think that sounds good!

Have a great Monday!! :drinker:
  • happenstance82
    Options
    Hey Sanifrey...awesome goals you've got for this week!

PS-I am so jealous that you can do push ups!
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    i did a 60 min workout today with my trainer, i had an injury so took it slow.

I have been so hungry lately, i have upped the exercise so maybe that is it.

I am having a rest day tomorrow and back to training on Wednesday!

:)
  • SammyD
    SammyD Posts: 50
    Options
    Hello Fitness Buddies!!!

I was off visiting the future in-laws for the weekend, but now I'm back in the game! It was tough, cause the mom always wants to cook like crazy when we come to visit, but now I'm back to a normal college-student diet (read: light!) so I hope I can even it out.

I am going to try Nicolets workout again in just a bit, the last time I did it my legs hurt for 3 days! But I'm loving the way my endurance levels have been going up and up!

Happy Monday:wink:
  • breakinfree
    Options
    Hey Jaelle - I just joined myfitnesspal today because I need a fitness buddy - and I saw that you started this thread months ago......would it be okay with everyone if I joined? I just need some accountability to get moving again....I've lost 23 lbs since last August and need a jumpstart to get the rest off, and I know what I need....EXERCISE! But I don't like doing it alone ya'all! Let me know......thanks everyone~!
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Hey Sanifrey...awesome goals you've got for this week!

PS-I am so jealous that you can do push ups!

Thank you & don't be too jealous!! LOL!! They're girly ones on my knees!! But, I am getting stronger & hope to be able to do some legit man ones someday soon!! hundredpushups.com I'm doing week 4
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Hey Jaelle - I just joined myfitnesspal today because I need a fitness buddy - and I saw that you started this thread months ago......would it be okay with everyone if I joined? I just need some accountability to get moving again....I've lost 23 lbs since last August and need a jumpstart to get the rest off, and I know what I need....EXERCISE! But I don't like doing it alone ya'all! Let me know......thanks everyone~!

Congratulations & Welcome!! The more the merrier!! Any words of wisdom from your past success?
  • cmsdives
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You are an answer to prayer! I am not a fan of exercise but know I need to do it - mind if I join y'all??
  • heyjude78
    heyjude78 Posts: 160
    Options
    :wink:
    Going to do my workout after I procrastinated on it all day.....feeling a little blah
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    everyone is ALWAYS welcome!!!! :drinker: so i got my workout in today!! it was a killer!!! i started with 3 minutes of running stairs with weights then
    40 pushups
    50 crunchs
    30 reverse crunches
    1 minute jumping jacks
    1 minute jump rope
    30 bend over rows with 5lb weights
    30 leg raises
    4 minutes running stairs with weights
    side leg raises (30 each side)
    50 crunches w/ twist
    1 min butt kicks
    1 minute squat while doing punches with weights
    30 tricep dips
    30 squats with lateral raise(5lb weights)
    4 min running stairs
    50 arm things:tongue: (lay on floor, bring arms out to side then bring arms up over face using 5 lb weights)
    30 lunges while doing bicep curls w/5 lb weights
    4 min running stairs

it was a great workout!!! Try it!!!
  • daisy0107
    Options
    Would it be alright if I join in. I need to have a buddy for this long journey. I started my work-out yesterday by doing Biggest Loser Cardio. It was great. I am going to go to the gym today to meet my trainer. It's really the only thing that gets me there. Hope everyone has a good workouts.:smooched: :smooched:
  • breakinfree
    Options
    Sanifrey :

Thanks for the welcome! I WENT TO THE GYM LAST NIGHT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MONTHS Because of YOU GUYS! I totally wanted to be able to post today that I did it and I DID IT! It was so funny because as I'm jogging on the treadmill I was totally envisioning Jillian from TBLoser screaming at me :laugh: and it worked! I actually picked up the pace! The only words of wisdom I can give as a newbie to MFpal is mix it up ya'all! if 1200 calories a day and 30 min of exercise looked the same and felt the same every day of our life, who wouldn't get bored and skip a few I DID!!! So I've learned that I get bored - so to not be bored I have to always be trying new things.........like joining this site! Awesome Awesome. I'm so excited because I feel like this is it! I'm going to do it .............I need to upload a pic of myself......I'll try to get that done today :smile:
  • breakinfree
    Options
    Welcome Daisy and good job on the workout! This site is great - good luck - can't wait to hear about your progress!
  • SammyD
    SammyD Posts: 50
    Options
    I just did...
    12 pushups (regular kind!)
    30 ab curls and 30 crunches
    90 jumping jacks
    20 regular lunges
    20 side lunges
    20 over-the-barrel lunges
    40 jumping jacks
    jogged in place for 3 minutes
    30 reverse crunches
    40 jumping jacks
    1 minute of warm up sprints
    1 min of biceps curls and tricep kick-backs with fitness bungees
    40 jumping jacks
    2 min of butt kickbacks (ow!!)
    40 jumping jacks
    20 pushups (girly kind!)
    40 jumping jacks
    30 russian twists

....and I am TIRED!!! (but proud:happy: )