To those that don't drink alcohol...

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
I'm curious as to why (as there are plenty of good reasons, but I'm like an annoying Labrador puppy all up in your business...)

Ya know, strictly for weight loss, self control, health, daddy issues, you vomit uncontrollably...

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I didn't start drinking until I was 25. I have much time to make up for...

All my friends in college loved me b/c I was DD. I wonder if that should hurt my feelings? *wink*
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I did it alot when I was younger and now I really am only a social drinker. And to boot im not that social lol. I might have one fruity drink when Im out but its maybe two or three times a month
  • sharoniballoni
    sharoniballoni Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink alcohol. I'm not anti, per se. I simply never really liked the way it made me feel. Maybe I'm a control freak. I'd also much rather have dessert than a drink. I'll say "cheers" with a forkful of cake!
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i just don't drink as much because I don't see the point of it. It's not like it tastes super amazing nor is the feeling of being drunk really amazing. I'd rather eat some brownies and smoke a cig. I mean I will still drink, but i honestly do not enjoy it.
  • moomoo84
    Options
    Find it a waste of money and like sharon would rather have cake mmm cake
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I didn't get married until I was 37 - which meant I spent 20+ years in the bar scene. It's not that exciting anymore (although I do enjoy a nice glass of wine or a cocktail now and again (in other words, every few months or so)).
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Wisconsin is such a horrific binge drinking state... college ruined me *LOL*

(yes, i just blamed the state and college... I'm well aware)
  • Hanna82
    Hanna82 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I don't drink alcohol because I can't. I'm Korean and in some Asian genetics there is a deficiency that doesn't allow my body to properly process alcohol and it makes me very ill when I do. I don't know if there's an actual name for it but it can be known as Asian flush. Google it. So anyway, that's why I don't drink. It has nothing to do with weight loss or addiction or personal choice.
  • jesihovey
    jesihovey Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Too expensive, mainly...
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I very rarely drink alcohol, maybe once or twice a year. I never really grew up with it being a social thing, and now it is not good for either my wallet or waistline!
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    I agree with barbiex3. I don't see the point, and I can't get past the bitterness...I had a few mixed drinks on my honeymoon because they were free, but I didn't like the taste at all..
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I'm a freakin light weight since I had my first son. I have a couple sips of a light beer and I start turning red. Lol! The last time I got drunk, I mooned the pizza guy..LOL! Whew!!
  • ACF2
    ACF2 Posts: 51
    Options
    if i lived in wisconsin id binge drink too!
  • Lstrhi
    Lstrhi Posts: 132
    Options
    i also live in the middle of nowhere, so i love going out to the bar with friends... it gives up something to do! lol
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

wisconsin is the effing worst. I'm from MN.. Moved to WI for college. Worst drinkers in the country...
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    ooooooops! walked in on the wrong thread..........*backs out quietly so nobody notices glass of wine in hand

:laugh:

:wink:
  • FinalOutrage
    Options
    I don't drink because I'm not 21...yet.

:/
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I hate cake... and brownies... and love beer and wine. I'm doomed *LOL*

Hanna, that's totally interesting! Thanks for sharing, I'd never heard of that and love medical mysteries....

I think being broke is the best thing in the world for my diet - booze included :) hehe!
  • odusgolp
    Options

wisconsin is the effing worst. I'm from MN.. Moved to WI for college. Worst drinkers in the country...

That's actually no joke... this state is DRUNK.