WHY do I feel hungry???

Options
OK, I ate a sandwich (deli shaved turkey, tomato, spring mix greens and mustard), a plout and drank 16oz 2% milk for dinner. That was about 2 h ours ago .... I am feeling hungry! or is it not hunger?? This is something I struggle with almost daily!
Any suggestions?

Replies

• barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i'm hungry every second of my life i swear
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    not enough information to answer.

what have you been eating all day? for the past week? what is your activity level?

if it was me, i'd most likely be hungry, yes. i eat every 2-3 hours
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Try adding more Casein protein to your diet?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    a Plout? WTH is a plout?? *LOL*
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    When I get like that, I give myself a test. I'll say to myself "If you're hungry, go eat the apple that's in the fridge." And if I think in reply "But I don't want that, I want ____" then I'm not really hungry. I'm bored or tired or something.
  • toots99
    Options

She misspelled is all, a pluot is a fruit.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Drink some water, a lot of people mistake thirst for hunger, because they get thirsty, think it's hunger, eat, and the water from the food makes the thirst go away. So try drinking water, and see if it goes away.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    their is hunger, and their is the desire to eat something. i don't know your diet, current or past, and other info, but if you are new to calorie counting then it will take a while to get use to the smaller portions.
  • slovag01
    slovag01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    When I get like that, I give myself a test. I'll say to myself "If you're hungry, go eat the apple that's in the fridge." And if I think in reply "But I don't want that, I want ____" then I'm not really hungry. I'm bored or tired or something.

So true. I have never actually tried that, but I feel most of the time that I reach for the unhealthy snack or i find myself snacking in general it is just because I am tired or bored.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

How could you know that? Are you some kind of witch?
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Also make sure you don't have an ulcer. A lot of times ulcers start off feeling like sharp hunger pains. i used to think i was starving till I found out the real reason. :)
  • odusgolp
    Options

heh... i have got to find myself a pluot. Anything with such a bizarre name is bound to be fun.
  • odusgolp
    Options

OMG, LMFAO
  • SauraSelari
    Options
    I've been having a similar issue. One, make sure your drinking enough water/fluids. Some people can't really tell the difference between if they are hungry or thirsty. When you feel hungry go to the kitchen and drink a glass of water and wait 10 mins. If you still feel hungry then, you probably are.

I'm also a person who never really ate enough before, I never felt hungry. Now that I am counting calories and making sure I eat I've noticed that I actually do feel hungry now. Don't know if its psychological or if maybe its because now my metabolism is speeding up making me burn more and then making me hungry more often. Try eating more frequent but smaller meals?

I'm not an expert just guessing though. Seems logical to me. :D
  • toots99
    Options

OMG, LMFAO

I'm a genius, that's how. :happy:

The store by my house sells them, it's plum/apricot fruit.
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    LOL - a cross between a plum and apricot - there are a few different varieties and all are awesome!
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    I drink so much water I wonder if it is too much lol
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Adding more vegetables will help.
  • ConfidenceNMe
    Options
    deink alot of what I agree with the the other person who posted about water and confusing thirst with hunger. Also, try snacking on raw veggies- or even steamed. They're good for you, have tons of vitamins and minerals, and you can eat a whole lot and not feel guilty! Also try adding things that are higher in fiber. This stuff helps you feel fuller longer.
  • someonelikemyself
    Options
    IT IS NOTTTT HUNGER BEEN THERE and done the following: ate so much i found it an excuse... WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO IS DRINK 4 GLASSES OF WATER yess it sounds a lot and can make u end up vomiting but ur probably dehydrated and dont even know it... you can have a fruit snack to block the hunger. try this and if it doesn't work ....it will work.