How do you lose 2 lbs a week?

Options
13»

Replies

• ohamberx0
    ohamberx0 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Whooa :-) I love this site. I see all your comments and it does make sense. I dont' really have much to lose except my last stubborn 10 lbs. I lloked back as to when I opened/signed up on this site...it was sometime in 2009 and I was 126 lbs. I never did anything except signed up. Only 2 weeks ago that I stumbled upon this site again and now taking it more seriously. My current weight fluctuates between 114- 112.6 lbs. I am only 4'10" - very small frame, so I have muffin top, no muscle definition. I joined the "Ripped in 30" forum and doing that 2-3x per week along with my 2x Step and sculpting class at my local gym. It seems that I am not losing weight but just maintaining. I started keeping track of my calorie per day as of yesterday too.

I guess a pound a week would be nice too or something...but so far I haven't seen any movement...when I started two weeks ago I was 112 but when I weigh in this morning I was up to 114. So it is a little discouraging.

I appreciate everyone's 2 cents... :-)

Hmmm.. I'm thinking that with your size and frame, you'll see results as far as toning up and everything rather than losing weight. You're really not that big, so tightening up you will prob feel a lot better, so I wouldn't think of the scale to be THAT big of a deal?? Just my opinion..
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Well, I have a lot to lose. I don't exercise that much but I stay within 1300 calories max and I eat lower carb. Also tons and tons of water.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how much you have to lose. I am in my healthy weight range. To try to lose 2 pounds per week would not be healthy.

^^^ This.

The more weight you have to lose - the easier (and healthier) it is to lose 2lbs a week. The thinner you are and the closer to your goal weight you are - the less healthy it is to drop that kind of weight a week AND it will be more difficult to accomplish.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Whooa :-) I love this site. I see all your comments and it does make sense. I dont' really have much to lose except my last stubborn 10 lbs. I lloked back as to when I opened/signed up on this site...it was sometime in 2009 and I was 126 lbs. I never did anything except signed up. Only 2 weeks ago that I stumbled upon this site again and now taking it more seriously. My current weight fluctuates between 114- 112.6 lbs. I am only 4'10" - very small frame, so I have muffin top, no muscle definition. I joined the "Ripped in 30" forum and doing that 2-3x per week along with my 2x Step and sculpting class at my local gym. It seems that I am not losing weight but just maintaining. I started keeping track of my calorie per day as of yesterday too.

I guess a pound a week would be nice too or something...but so far I haven't seen any movement...when I started two weeks ago I was 112 but when I weigh in this morning I was up to 114. So it is a little discouraging.

I appreciate everyone's 2 cents... :-)

I think you would benefit from some strength training if you don't have much muscle tone. Cardio will burn the "muffin top" but strength training will help tone up your muscles. I think if I were you - I'd focus more on that than weight loss. :)
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    It's science; you need to be at a 3500 ish deficit to lose a pound, that's a 500 cal deficit each day for a 7day week. 2lbs week is just a 7000 cal deficit a week! Depending on your current weight this may or may not be healthy - someone who is 300 lbs can eat a larger deficit because it costs more calories to maintain a weight like that, whereas at my weight, a 1000 cal deficit would be an eating disorder. :)
  • gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I will keep re-reading your advice.:smile::flowerforyou: