P90X Support Group...

Options

Replies

• Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey Team X!

Just finished an amazing round of Kenpo! I kicked @$$ with the weighted gloves. My arms feel like jello and I am loving it! It rocks getting back into the swing of things - so glad you are all here to maintain accountability!

Looking forward to legs and back tomorrow - can't touch this!

PS I already know I am missing Yoga Friday but am going clubbing so I will be dancing up a storm on my toes all night I think (so long as I don't drink too much) that will more than make up for the calorie burn. Going to get my stretch for yoga in on Saturday with the bf :wink:

BRING IT
  • roballesteros
    Options
    Hello Team X,

I did Plyo today...I have been very, very soar the last couple of days and I'm not really sure why. I did Legs and Back on Monday and Chest and Back on Tues and then went out trick or treating with the boys (walked a lot while holding the leash of an unruly dog) so it could have been any of those things...so I thought I would not get through all of Plyo but low and behold I did the whole thing...and now I am bursting with energy so I think I will get on the treadmill.

Did I mention I joined another challenge....Run 100 Miles in November. I do close to that now but now I am accountable for it. I figured it would be good for me with all the extra calories I will earn maybe I'll make it through Thanksgiving with out any damage.

Keep Bringing IT!

~Ro
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

*newbie here* I just started the P90X onTuesday with Chest and Back yesterday, wasn't able to complete it all, as I didn't have a pull up bar, but I had the bands...however nothing to really mount the bands on for some of the exercises...I'll have to get a pull up bar and try to figure it out, for next week. But, as a newbie...OMG!! is all I can say.....here I thought doing two months of JM Shred and Ripped I was half way conditioned to get through it. ha!

Anyhow, I just finished Day 2- Plyometrics, and that is definitely a workout as well. I like the fact that he encourages you to pause if you need it...lol, as I was taking full advantage of that, I believe its going to take me a while before I can do all the exercises. Not at all for the faint of heart.

Anyhow, 2 days down...88 to go :noway:
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Mocha - welcome to the group and congrats on getting through day 2! This is an excellent program that will really get you results - stick with it for sure! Pausing is a must at first to help you get through the routines.

For the back exercises, if you don't have something to loop the bands around you can sit down and do a modified version with the bands around your feet, legs extended. It doesn't work the exact same muscle groups but does get you a descent burn. That was what I had to do for the first two weeks until I got back to my home gym with my pull up bar and exposed beams in the basement.

Either way, do the best you can and you will succeed. There are so many people in this group that post daily their struggles and triumphs that you will no doubt find the motivation and support you need to get through the next 90 days!

Ro - you rock! My goodness that is a lot of running in a month. I really need to start hitting the pavement seeing as I have ear marked another 1/2 marathon for April and am looking to improve on my 2:30 time.

Keep pushing play people - today is shoulders and arms (I lied yesterday about legs and back :smile: ) Bring it and let us know how you did
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Hey team!

Yesterday was Plyo for me. I'd say this is the workout that just never ever seems to get any easier! I felt just as tuckered out at the end as I did the very first time I did it about 9 weeks ago. I just don't understand... Mega mega burn from Plyo!

Sorry I've not been as active as I could have been the last week or so, I've just been soooo busy!

Welcome to the group anyone who's joined recently! If you'd like one of these fancy banners in your signature to show the rest of MFP that you're part of this fab group, you can copy/paste this link into your signature:

p90xbANNERnEW.jpg

Remember though that you'll need to change upper case at each end to lower case [ img]  Day 60 tomorrow!!  Jay
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hey all, Yoga X day DONE. Day 67 overall...

Shoulder is getting better, knees are a little creaky but not too bad. Yoga X got me all stretched out which is a good thing.

Tomorrow is Legs & Back and Ab Ripper!

BRING IT!

-Mike
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Hey Yall! BooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooM! :explode:

I am feeling good! Feeling Strong... Feeling motivated!
    Day 60!

Check out my week 9 update video! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO94DLpPiJo

Have a good one yall!
    Drew

p.s. Freakin bring it!
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Day 60 update pictures... Keep it up yall!
    1 more month! :explode:

005.jpg

023.jpg

001.jpg

009.jpg

004-1.jpg

018.jpg

002.jpg

020.jpg

There ya go.... Im VERY happy with the results....
    Bring it yall!
    Boom!
    Drew :explode:
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    ACCOUNTABILITY: 11/02: Yoga X(45min) and Insanity Plyo Circuit
    11/03: Legs & Back; 15min YogaX (Hamstring portion today) & Abs;

Such a wonderful workout today. I am very excited to report that I did un assisted pull ups today for 1/2 of the repititions. (ie. 5 unassited plus 5 assisted equalling 10 total reps). 91 reps in all. Woot woot! Its just a wonderful day when you can see progress like that. Back in 2008 I could barely do a Chair pull up. BAM!
  • jayb0ne
    Options
    Hey team.

Shoulders and arms and ARX for day 59. I found this really tough today. Half way through the second round I was starting to flake and wondering if I'd get through it. I pushed through and completed it though somehow.

Today I'm proud to say I can see my abs for the first time in my life. It aint the chiseled six pack I'm after yet but they're certainly there! Quick preview pic I took with my phone below - not a very clear shot but I think you can just about make em out...

Proper day 60 comparison pics I'll take tomorrow although it may be Saturday before I can get them uploaded as it's a pretty hectic schedule tomorrow.

abs.jpg

Keep it up guys, we're down to 30 days to go! You can do anything for 30 days right?

Jay
  • Kim1118
    Kim1118 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone!

Another newbie here...although I've attempted P90X before, I've never gone the whole 90. This time I'm determined to get through it! Reading through your posts is definitely motivational. I'm on Day 2 about to knock out the plyo. I'm so psyched to do this as I reached my half way point this morning - 10 lbs. down and 10 to go. I plan to meet or exceed my goal by the end of this.

I'm looking forward to hearing your successes and supporting each other on this journey!
  • roballesteros
    Options
    Hello Team X,

I did Shoulders and Arms today and loved it. I really enjoyed lifting weights instead of jumping around like a crazy fool in Plyo. I went for a 3.5 mile run before hand so I was up for working out my upper body tonight.

I can not believe this is day 60! WOW!

Drew & Jay your progress pics are incredible! I am hoping since I switched to the Classic version for Phase 3 I will see a little more definition in my abs.

I have been really under in my calories this week, so I am a little worried that I won't have enough gas in the tank to make my 9 mile run tomorrow morning...we shall see. I may take my son for a treat in the morning and get a doughnut for the burst of carbs and sugar I may need to get me going...I don't drink coffee so a doughnut may have to do the trick.

Tomorrow is FRIDAY guys!!!!

My sons have swim meets this weekend so it will be tough getting everything in...running, P90X and most importantly College Football!!! Univ. of Houston vs UAB, Alabama vs LSU, Texas vs Texas Tech, Texas A&M vs Oklamhoma....be still my heart :heart:

Make it COUNT Guys!

~Ro
  • drwstown76
    Options
    JayBone!!!!

You freaking BEAST!!!!!! BooooooooooooooooooM! Killing this thing.... look at those abs man!
    I have to say... none of us know each other personally, but I am VERY proud of you dude! You are ripped up! Congrats sir!

Everyone else...;Wendy, Ro, Miss p90x, Sassy, Mike, ucsb, Mocha... EVERYONE! Keep it up... we are almost there yall!!!!!!
    :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:
    Drew
  • jayb0ne
    Options
    Drew - AWESOME!! If these are your day 60 results, we can only imagine what you're gonna be looking like on day 90!!

Also thanks for your kind words dude. Much appreciated.

I added another pic to my profile which shows my newly found abs a bit better. They aint ripped like Drew's yet but they're there under the ever decreasing layer of belly fat.

Probably be tomorrow before I get my Day 60 comparison pics up.

Keep bringing it guys! We're smashing this thing!

Jay
  • MochaBlues
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!

I'm so happy to report that I made it to Day 4, today:smile: Well today is YOGA for me, and being it is an hour and half I did the first 30 minutes this morning before leaving out the house and plan to finish up this evening. Wow, It is a workout...I really didn't expect to sweat :indifferent: shows what I know:laugh: Anyhow, I really want to THANK YOU all for welcoming me and being so encouraging! Great Group! I'm so HAPPY to see another newbie *Kim* :drinker: I really am in awe at all your results so far, and I hope to turn out some fantastic ones at the end too.

Sassyclass, THANK YOU so much for the bit of advice concerning the bands for chest/back, I think I will do just what you suggested and used the bands for modified exercise so I'm still working out.

I used to make the excuse that I didn't have the time to do an hour long workout everyday, however, I realize just how much time I waste during the day, watching mindless TV, there's not much excuse. Yesterday was shoulders/arms...did a combination of weights and bands...could only get to one of the bonus round exercises. Hope to get further with the next week.

Have a great workout everyone!:glasses:
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hey team, Day 68 done this morning, Legs & Back / Ab Ripper X! Had a good session, and almost done with week 10!

Kenpo X tomorrow!

Jay and Drew, awesome pics! Great results so far!!!

Welcome to the newbies, get ready to BRING IT!!!

-Mike
  • MrsBooker
    MrsBooker Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello Team X,

Man, what a crazy time it has been! Hubby and I restarted phase 2 this week b/c we were SO behind, and I think it was a good move. Let me just say I was feeling all the DVDs until this week! I HATE the back and biceps DVD!! Corn cob pullups are the devil!! LOL. I'm sure I am just saying that b/c I hate all pullups, but hopefully that will change as I get better.

Welcome to all the newbies; hoping that you all stay committed and enjoy all your success.

To Jay and Drew, congrats on your success so far! You guys look great! I am excited b/c the scale is starting to go down again for me (Yay!); something I have not seen since starting P90X. I have lost 3 pounds in Phase 2, so I am PUMPED!! To all ladies who have not seen any much weight loss yet, just keep going! I will add that I am almost doing the lean program now b/c I have added extra cardio routines in about 3 times a week.

Take care you guys and thanks for the encouragement as always!! Have a great weekend.
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Hey yall!!!
    How is everyone doing? Are we hanging in here? Are we pushing play?
    BRINGING IT??? :explode:

I had Chest and back this morning.... Crushed it! Boom!
    I was yelling at Tony during ARX again because my legs were screaming from yesterday! haha...

Keep it up yall... and dont forget to check in!
    We need ya!
    Drew

p.s. Lets make it a great weekend!

p.s.s. Thanks to everyone for the compliments... Im so fired up!
  • jayb0ne
    Options
    Sorry I aint been around guys. I've been sick as a dog this weekend. Me and the fiance are both sniffling away and feeling sorry for ourselves. Didn't even get out of PJ's yesterday. Suffice to say I didn't get any workouts in :(

So tonight will be legs/back from Saturday. I'm not decided yet whether I'll track 1 day behind this week and catch up next weekend or whether I'll call Kenpo missed and move on.

I know, I know... My day 60 pics are still outstanding. I took them, I just haven't been able to get them uploaded yet. I'll try and do that tonight if I can after legs/back.

Still bringing it. Only 3 weeks of resistance and 1 recovery week left until we're done for this round.

Jay
  • MochaBlues
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! Well today is officially Day 7 for me, however yesterday- I felt a little sick, and didn't get the full Kenpo in, (only 15 mins) so I decided to use yesterday as the rest day, and finish Kenpo today. I'm still at it and still here! I will say that doing the last workout (Legs and Back) was a killer for me. Anyhow, I am glad to have a week under my belt!

Great workouts to everyone!:drinker: