P90X Support Group...

Options
Hey Yall,

I'm looking to start up a p90x support group. My team is 5 people deep so far and we are looking to increase that number by as many as possible. Out of my current group, we have 2 first timers and 3 people who are starting round 2. Our start date is 9/6/11 (the day after Labor Day). Get on board with us and help us bring it every day. We will be here to support you and help motivate in any way we can! Time to make some changes yall! Lets Go! Believe.

Drew

Replies

• springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hey Yall,

I'm looking to start up a p90x support group. My team is 5 people deep so far and we are looking to increase that number by as many as possible. Out of my current group, we have 2 first timers and 3 people who are starting round 2. Our start date is 9/6/11 (the day after Labor Day). Get on board with us and help us bring it every day. We will be here to support you and help motivate in any way we can! Time to make some changes yall! Lets Go! Believe.

Drew

I was going to start September 1st, but I'll start the 6th to be part of the group. It'll be my first time (EVER) doing P90X. So count me in :)
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I was going to start my 2nd rounf on the 1st as well, but I can go for the 6th.
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    kudos for the idea! I would love to join since I fully support p90x activities and I have done them myself but I am starting round 2 of ChaLean Extreme (another Beachbody program) on August 29th b/c I hope to get the Bowflex Select tech weights this Friday for my birthday :smile: . Good luck to all of those that engage in this and I look forward to seeing your posts in the forums with your amazing results. Beachbody is for real and we shoot for great results.
  • sgoss12
    sgoss12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm game! I need it!
  • roballesteros
    Options
    I was thinking about starting P90X, better now than never....count me in!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    That will be the start of my 3rd round Count me in!
  • Leslie2273
    Leslie2273 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to start but keep making lazy *kitten* excuses. I know I'll really going to regret it if I don't do it when my birthday comes around on Nov 22 - I turn 38 and I'm still carrying around an extra 42 pounds. So what the hell count me in too. Today is a day for change....ok so its Sept 6 enough time to get my *kitten* together.

Add me.

~Leslie
  • jackelyn14
    Options
    Sounds good. I'm in. This will be my second round. I'm just taking a break from it right now. But I'd love to start another round Sept. 6th. I did the lean version the first time. I had said before that I would make my second round a classic version, but I'm kind of wanting to stick to the lean version. Which program is everyone else thinking of doing? (lean, classic, or doubles) ??
  • Ucsb23
    Ucsb23 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in. It'll be my first time. Just ordered it last night.
  • jrnygirl
    jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Count me in. This will be my first time doing the program. I've only tried portions of the videos here and there....
  • drwstown76
    drwstown76 Posts: 185
    Options
    Wow! Thanks everyone for jumping on with us! I can't wait to get started. I finished my first round of P90X on 4/2/11. It has been an exceptionally long 5 months. I am doing the classic version bc It worked well last time. I was perfect with the diet during my first round and my results really showed. IMO, the diet is even more important than the workouts. Maybe that is because the diet is more difficult for me to maintain. Anyway... thanks again! I will definitely pop back in here a few times before we get started! Enjoy the last 2 weeks of summer yall!
    Drew
  • monkeybusiness2806
    Options
    Count me in! I started August 15th, however I have to take an unexpected trip and will not be able to do any workouts until I get back on Sept 1st. I was planning to start back up on the 6th anyways so please count me in!
  • lmp176
    lmp176 Posts: 14
    Options
    I just ordered it and as much as I want to wait for Sept 6th to start, I really need to get moving because basketball season starts in 3 months. I am going to start the day it arrives, but would still like to be part of the group!
  • clintonsears
    clintonsears Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    YES! Never done it before, but heard ONLY great things. I'll look into getting all the equipment I need for the 6th. I already have pull-up bar, but not the rest of the stuff.

I've been using this site for a while to track my own exercise and food intake, but this group got me to get my *kitten* in gear a little more and set up a profile. Thanks!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Get a yoga mat, push up bars, and either resistance bands or adjustable weights.
  • nikkicampbell
    nikkicampbell Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Im not sure exactly how this works... I imagine you'll let us know where to look for updating. Sounds good. Thought I'd have done it over the summer but thar didn't happen. Sept 6 it is.
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Clinton... You are definitely going to need some weights (or good resistance bands) and a yoga mat. Glad to have you on board man! I had enough weights to have 35 lb dumbbells. This round I am bumping it up to 50 lbs for each arm.

Nikki... My plan is to have the entire group update as much as possible. I'll be updating every day. Sometimes numerous times Im sure. I also plan on making video updates at least once a week to let everyone know about my progress. I'll post my video links in this message board.

If anyone has any questions or concerns about starting up or the diet plan, please feel free to ask on the message board or message me directly.

When I finished p90x in April, I was around 9% body fat. I was in the best shape of my life and incredibly proud of my accomplishments. I lost 38 lbs total. Since then, it has been almost five months and I have gained back around 12 - 15 lbs. No excuses.. I am ready to BRING IT for the nest 3 months.

11 days to go you guys (and gals)... Enjoy the rest of your summer!
    Talk to you soon.
    Drew
  • drwstown76
    Options
    lmp.... Let us know when you get started! It will be pretty cool to have someone a couple days ahead of us... You will be clearing the path! Bring it!
    Drew
  • ocrunner11
    ocrunner11 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I would like to join, we were going to start this 29th if the nutrition guide comes in, if not the 6th works for me. My son, was going to join me in support so this is really great to be part of a group for the next 90 days. This is my first go around, I've been running for the past year October 1, makes 1 full year on working on the 2nd 1/2 marathon, so I feel confident that I can do some the routine. I read earlier that some of the routines may be difficult, just try your best. "one workout at a time" is my motto.:flowerforyou:
  • jrnygirl
    jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Which program is best for a beginner to start out with? The Classic or Lean?