P90X Support Group...

Options

Replies

• Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey group,

Here are some helpful tools to getting yourself ready for your P90X experience. The excel (I think made by Beachbody) has a tun of great tracking tools. Just glancing through it and I am already wishing it was the 6th!!!

http://trek2befit.com/p90x-worksheets-p90x-binder-p90x-excel-spreadsheet

Hope everyone's Monday is rockin' enjoy the last week non-insanity haha. Then it's GAME ON! :devil:
  • megsr09
    megsr09 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did p90x in January (for the whole month!) but fell off of the wagon after missing several weeks due to an unrelated injury and illness :( Happy to see a motivation group with the same start date I intend to begin the program once again. I will be doing the "lean version." Can't wait to see everyone's results and get back to exercising again! :)
  • Sassy_Cass
    Options
    I am trying to figure out what program I am going to do for my FIRST round of P90X - I am jugging between the Classic and the Lean... trying to figure out the motivation and what I would like my end result to be. Glancing through the schedules it looks like the major difference is more weights vs. more carido. I admit I :heart: LOVE :heart: Cardio X and Kempo X, I pretty much die during Yoga X but enjoy the pain. I have yet to try Core Synergistics so I am reaching out... Thoughts?

I want a leaner, sculpted figure. I am athletically built from years of rugby, hockey, football and volleyball so I want to trim down. What do you think? :ohwell:
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Whoo! That is a good sheet. I have a similar one which is pretty good but I reckon this one tops it.

Thanks Sassy!
  • jayb0ne
    Options
    Whoo! That is a good sheet. I have a similar one which is pretty good but I reckon this one tops it.

Thanks Sassy!
  • drwstown76
    drwstown76 Posts: 185
    Options
    Sassy... Here are my thoughts. With your build, it's tricky. Whenever anyone EVER asks me what version they should do, I always tell them do the classic... I think I am gonna stick to that. The classic version is the perfect combination of strength, endurance, and cardio burn. I say do the classic and then reap all of the rewards... then try the lean afterward. I know you will love the results with the classic...

Let us know which way you go... :)
    Drew
  • drwstown76
    Options
    btw... Those workout sheets ARE awesome!
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Megsr.... Welcome! You got through a whole month of the program before, so I know you won't have a problem kicking it into high gear when we get the ball rolling next week. Get ready to bring it! :) We are happy to have you with us!

Drew
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I kicked off day 1 this morning, Chest & Back / Ab Ripper X. WOW what a workout!!! I'm certain I'm going to be sore tomorrow....

I got thrown an unexpected curve ball for my first P90X workout... No power thanks to hurricane Irene. So I had to do the workout by candlelight and use my laptop to play the Dvds. It took every last bit of laptop battery power to get through both workouts. But I got them done and the power came back on later in the day. So now I'm ready to go for Plyo in the morning.

Will check in again tomorrow!

-Mike
  • Sassy_Cass
    Options
    Mike... Way to stick with it! That's determination for sure - no power and using the last bit of batteries in the laptop :drinker: Hats off to you!! Yay plyo!! Rock it for us!

Getting exited to pick up my resistance bands and chin up bar along with the P90X set TOMORROW!!!!
  • tfearney
    Options
    What are some examples of High Protien foods?
  • jayb0ne
    Options
    What are some examples of High Protien foods?

Chicken breast - you can pick up big bags of frozen chicken breasts and roast them off in batches for the week for easy meals.
    Cottage cheese
    Quinoa
    Egg whites - you can make an omellete or scrambled eggs using 1 full egg and 5 whites only
    Fish - tinned tuna is good and easy. Most fish fillets and steaks are solid.
    Pork
    Beef
    Turkey
    Tofu
    Quorn
    Peanut butter
    Lots of nuts - brazils, almonds, peanuts, just make sure to get unsalted.
    Lots of different seeds - pumpkin, sunflower etc
  • lmp176
    lmp176 Posts: 14
    Options
    Well I started P90X yesterday. I would have loved to wait until after the holiday weekend but I've been putting this off way too long as it is.

I used the bands for the pull-ups and did modified push-ups. (I don't think I have ever been able to do a real push-up in my entire life). That is my goal though, by the end of the first 30 days is to be able to do at least one set of "real push-ups". I currently struggle with them. As Tony would say... Also, I had no idea there were so many versions of push-ups.

The Ab Ripper X just about killed me. I attempted all of the exercises but by no means did I keep up with the workout. I will probably continue to do the Ab Ripper video after every workout and build my way up.

Plyometrics today... I am nervous but excited to see what the workout tonight brings.
  • jayb0ne
    Options
    Imp - Good job in getting an early start!

I realised this morning that at the rate I'm going with my 'test run' workouts, I'm going to end up completing week 1 before the round has properly started. I'm not counting this week though for a couple of reasons:

Firstly, I'm not neccesarily completing each workout in full this week. I had to skip half of ab ripper X and 20 minutes of Plyometrics as it was a bit much for me. Secondly, I'm still waiting on my 5kg plates to be delivered so some of the movements aren't at the full weight I'd like to use for them.

So I'm treating this week as a run up of sorts so I can hit the ground running when the round starts in earnest next week.

Anyways... Arms and Shoulders tonight! :)
  • jackelyn14
    Options
    Hey! I started lean yesterday. Core Synergistics was awesome - and, yes, I'm definitely sore today! But loving it. :) For those of you who have done p90x already, I find dreya rolls super difficult. I really want to be able to do them as gracefully as they are done in the dvd by the end of this. I have Cardio X today, looking forward to it. I LOVE being sore like this, knowing my body changing - wahoo! Hope everyone else is having a good week before starting. :)
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Day 2, Plyometrics IN THE BOOKS!

WoW!!!!! That is a KILLER workout.... KILLER. As in, I've never done anything so hard in my life.

But I made it through! I had to pause the DVD a few times to catch my breath and get my heart rate down out of the 170s (I'm 41), but other than that I kept pace reasonably well, and did all the exercises with just a few modifications here and there.

I wore soft braces on both my knees because I knew this workout would be killer on the knees, but so far they seem OK. I'm icing them now just in case.

I'm definitely sore in the pecs/triceps/lats from Chest & Back yesterday, but it's a nice burn. Feels like I got a good workout LOL! I'm sure my legs will be barking tomorrow!

Hope everyone is having a great day, and for those of you who have already started..... BRING IT!!!

-Mike
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hey all!
    Would love to join you guys starting the 6th. This would be my almost second round (more or less-haha). I dropped out the first round 2 weeks before my finish date! 2 weeks!!...ugh, still upset with myself about that.

I plan on doing classics. Also, is anyone a vegetarian? I REALLY struggled with getting all my protein as one.
  • Sassy_Cass
    Options
    Mike... you ROCK!! Way to go on day two - making me want to start right now haha - I am so excited to do my first plyo during the first round CLASSICS!! - That's right I am doing Classics first time around (mainly because I want the @$$ whooping that comes with completing Plyo!)

Keep up the awesome work - can't wait to hear how your shoulders and arms are feeling after tomorrows routine! Press on!
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Super sad it starts the 6th. I started before and got to week 6 and stopped. I have been determined to start again and kept putting it off, and started again today. I don't want to stop, even after day 1, but good luck to everyone!
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I might jump in on this. I am debating which workout I want to start. The problem with P90X is I won't finish it due to P90X2 right around the corner.