P90X Support Group...

Options

Replies

• drwstown76
    drwstown76 Posts: 185
    Options
    Jrnygirl.... In my opinion, the classic version is the best way to go for your first time. p90x is a very well rounded program. You get an awesome variety of weight training, cardio, and flexibility. If you stick with the workouts and bring it every day, there won't be a single day that you don't feel like you got a good work out in. :)

ocrunner... You and your son are welcome! Thanks for jumping on board! We will stay in contact through this message board. I hope everyone will update as much as possible. I am always available if you have any questions. If you don't get ahold of the nutrition plan before the Sept 6th start date, feel freem to message me. I can email you a copy.

Talk to yall soon... :)
    11 more days!
    Drew
  • drwstown76
    Options
    btw.... ocrunner... Way to go with getting this first full year in!
    These next three months should be a fun challenge for you! :)
  • gullettgirl
    gullettgirl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm game!!! I will have to start on September 12th when I get back in town. I think this is a great idea!!
  • ocrunner11
    ocrunner11 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I found this "tread" under my topics, wasn't sure how to access your page. I do have one question, I am not a fan of Yoga so can I just replace it with Stretching that day?
    I do appreciate you getting us all together, it so much fun to be part of a group, I found great pleasure with my running team and I seem to do much better when I join a group verse a solo player.
    Enjoy the Day!:flowerforyou:
  • lmp176
    lmp176 Posts: 14
    Options
    Drew,
    I have heard some tough things about the workouts so when my order comes in and I get started I will need you guys to keep me going when my arms are ready to fall off. Its going to be tough dieting over Labor Day, but I have been putting off getting healthy for way too long, I just can't wait anymore. Glad to be part of the group, and if I can find a good picture, I'll be sure to add it! :o)

Best of luck everyone!
    Lisa
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Would it be bad if I started with you the 6th using the set I am getting for my Boyfriend for his birthday on the 27th haha :laugh: Too bad, I did cardio-X and Kempo last weekend for fun and this week I have been missing it so I am game :drinker: Let's see if I can get my butt into gear in the mornings before my 30 min walk with my neighbor :frown:
  • Sassy_Cass
    Options
    I found this "tread" under my topics, wasn't sure how to access your page. I do have one question, I am not a fan of Yoga so can I just replace it with Stretching that day?
    I do appreciate you getting us all together, it so much fun to be part of a group, I found great pleasure with my running team and I seem to do much better when I join a group verse a solo player.
    Enjoy the Day!:flowerforyou:

I am not a yoga entheuasist *sp* but the yoga in P90X is intense and an excellent work-out. Give it an honest try and see how much you sweat haha.
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Sassy... haha! Im sure your boyfriend won't mind you getting started with us... even if it is a gift for him. Plus, and I am speaking from experience on this, the results YOU earn with p90x will be gift enough for him! :)

Imp, You have our full support! I can't wait to hear how you are doing... Don't forget to let us know. Keep in mind that the diet is the most vital part of this program. Stick to it and BRING IT every day. You will acheive unbelievable results. You can do it!

OcRunner... Ok, here is the thing. Yoga X is an absolute nightmare. I won't pull any punches about it. However, sassy is right, it is a true workout and it's benefits are pretty significant. My team and I had to REALLY push one another to get through Yoga X. You have to do that darn work out 15 times over the course of the 90 days and it even ENDS with yoga x. haha. It's tough, but once you figure out a way to get through the entire workout without crashing to the floor 20 times, you have REALLY accompished something. I say do the yoga and give it your best.... Wait til you try the "crane"!

Sassy and Gullett... Welcome on board! :)

10 days yall... ENJOY!
    Drew
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Oh... OcRunner... You can click on my name at the top of any of my posts on this message board and click the "send a message" button on my profile if you ever need to message me directly. :)

Cheers yall
    Drew
  • queen3510
    queen3510 Posts: 180
    Options
    bump
  • Sassy_Cass
    Options
    Haha yeah but I forgot to mention the 27th of sept so I am going to open it, use it and then give it to him haha :laugh: But like you said the results will speak for themselves :smooched: Haha 1/3 done should make for a pretty happy birthday :drinker:
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Well I've been itching to get started on this for a while now. I was gonna start next week but what the hell, I may preview a few of the workouts for the next week or so to check out what to expect, then start the round properly on the 6th with you lot :)

DVDs - Check
    Pushup bars - Check
    Pullup bar - Check
    Yoga mat - To get
    Dumbbells - I think so...?

I've got adjustable dumbbells with weight plates of 4 * 0.5kg , 4 * 1.25kg and 4 * 2kg. I'll be investing in 4 * 5kg this week and I've got 2 * 10kg that I could get another 2 of next month. Will that be enough for now?

BRING IT!
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I am so ready for my second round.... Come on 9-6-11!!!!

Anybody else going to do doubles?
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My BMI is 40. Can I try P90X without killing myself?

10515637.png
  • ShrinkingNinja
    Options

10515637.png

Yes, You just modify the moves as needed. "Do your best and forget the rest."
  • Sassy_Cass
    Options

10515637.png

Just be honest with your body - push yourself but listen. Many people do multiple rounds of p90x so don't get discouraged. Log on tell us how your doing and you will succeed
  • ShrinkingNinja
    Options

10515637.png

Went back and looked at my measurements from when I started my first round of p90x.... My BMI was 39.6% ... I did fine with it. Like Sassy said... Just be honest with yourself and keep logging in. We will be here for you.
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advises. The informercial scared me. I like to work out at my gym but the drive time (gas), class schedule, machine availability, hours, etc are getting old. Plus it's $29.99/mo (LA Fitness).
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Wondering if I have enough weight with the combination of plates that I've got or if I should just invest in a set of resistance bands...
  • drwstown76
    Options
    ShrinkingNinja... I am doing doubles this time around. I think I'm gonna incorporate Asylum with P90X Classic. I love the burn I get with Asylum, still kicks my butt every time.

Dckim... Don't be scared. You can do this. My fiance's BMI was around 40 when she started p90x. She brought it and transformed her body! So Proud! The program does seem scary at first, but the further you get into it you realize how quickly you catch on. Once the results start, you won't be able to quit. Keep pushing play... You will do great!

Jaybone... I just did the math. And believe me, it was not easy! haha! It looks like you have enough dumb bell weight for 17 kg on each dumb bell. That is a little over 35 lbs which is EXACTLY what I used for round 1 of p90x. So you are good to go man. Welcome on board!

10 days yall... If you are trapped in a hurricane this weekend, keep it safe!
    Talk to ya soon...
    Im so ready to bring it!
    Drew