200 squat challenge

Options
124»

Replies

• RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    W5, L3, D2 - 27,27, 32, 32, 24, 24, 30, 68 - total 261.

Felt like way more than that because of the 8 sets instead of 5. Final set was really tough, my bum was killing me!!

You are doing great!!! =)
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hmm, that's odd, W5, L3, D3 is missing?!? Anywho I did it last week, and did 75 in the final set. Meantime, I have got massively sidetracked by trying to build JM's 6 week 6 pack into my workout routine which is basically stealing the timeslot I used to dedicate to this. I think I am going to try an exhaustion test and see how I do, as if I can get between 75 and 110 I can move onto week 6 which is the final week and I really would like to complete now that I'm so close. I think I am going to ditch the 100 push-ups though, I recently completed week 3 but don't feel ready for week 4 at all, so I think I am going to call it quits and try again when I have finished the 6 week 6 pack. Will keep you posted re: the exhaustion test!!
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Hmm, that's odd, W5, L3, D3 is missing?!? Anywho I did it last week, and did 75 in the final set. Meantime, I have got massively sidetracked by trying to build JM's 6 week 6 pack into my workout routine which is basically stealing the timeslot I used to dedicate to this. I think I am going to try an exhaustion test and see how I do, as if I can get between 75 and 110 I can move onto week 6 which is the final week and I really would like to complete now that I'm so close. I think I am going to ditch the 100 push-ups though, I recently completed week 3 but don't feel ready for week 4 at all, so I think I am going to call it quits and try again when I have finished the 6 week 6 pack. Will keep you posted re: the exhaustion test!!

I have done the squats one all the way 1 time. The push up one though is killer and I couldn't get past 72 push ups. It just wouldn't happen so I finally just gave up. Should try to build back up though
  • shoppie
    Options
    Well, I did 111 - stopping there because I knew 110 would put me at level 3 again. I did wonder whether I actually have the strength now to complete it, but figure I will keep going for this one last week.

I wonder if one of the reasons its more doable is every single one of my workout DVDs has a pretty high number of squats, often combined with lunges and/ or weights too so you are getting loads of leg strengthening anyway? A lot have push=ups but I think the highest number I'm made to do at once is 24 on one DVD. Interesting...
  • shoppie
    Options
    I have actually been here (surprisingly!). On Thurs I did
    W6, L3, D1 - 63, 76, 47, 40, 80 = 306 (!)

Today W6, L3, D2 - 30, 30, 40, 40, 32, 32, 29, 29, 85 = 318 (!!)

I am so close now I can almost taste it! :laugh:
  • shoppie
    Options
    ..And I'm done, 201 consecutive squats, just to make a point like :laugh:
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Is anyone doing this now?

I did Week 4, Level 3, Day 2 yesterday: 34, 40, 34, 34, 65

By the time I got to the last set, I had a second wind!
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I just recently started. I'm on Week 2, Column 1, Day 1 so totals were: 6, 8, 5, 5, 50

I didn't do an initial test so probably could have started with Column 2. Will likely change after this week.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I just recently started. I'm on Week 2, Column 1, Day 1 so totals were: 6, 8, 5, 5, 50

I didn't do an initial test so probably could have started with Column 2. Will likely change after this week.

Have fun! I am in the home stretch but a little behind in week 5. :) I wasn't getting sore for weeks 1-4 of so, but once I hit the 220 squats per workout barrier, the soreness started kicking in, so I am taking more rest between workouts. Which probably makes the soreness worse. :P