Lunch! What did you have?

Options

Replies

• mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I had half a Chipotle burrito and some steamed broccoli. We go to Chipotle at least once per week and I always make my burrito last for two meals. I use a Chipotle Nutrition Calculator app on my phone to calculate the nutrition for my burrito.

I also eat a lot of leftovers for lunch. I cook dinner for 2 adults and a toddler, but I always make 6-8 servings so we have plenty of leftovers.
  • _GLENN_
    _GLENN_ Posts: 14
    Options
    Wow! So many great ideas, keep them coming. Hopefully this thread can provide new ideas for all of us. I'm looking forward to switching up my lunches next week! Got to eat all that soup I made this week.
  • Txifonly
    Txifonly Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I try to snag leftovers from the night before but sometimes there just aren't any left. For those occasions (like today) I keep Kashi Southwest Style Chicken or Spicy Enchilada frozen dinners on hand as well as Meals To Live Chicken, green beans and potatoes frozen dinner. If my hubby is out of town I tend to just eat a ceasar salad for lunch, then pop a mini bag of 100 calorie popcorn about 3 pm when (if) the salad wears off. I have found in the past that just eating soup doesn't work for me. I have to have something crunchy to eat or I don't feel like I have had a meal.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Just had homemade tuna sandwich with multigrain bread, spring greens, olive mayo, red onions, tomato and of course, tuna :smile:

That was a brunch, though. My proper lunch typically includes some form of lean meat, like chicken breast or fish; I usually get half my daily protein (100g-130g per day) out of my lunch.

The occasional fast food lunch won't hurt either. Skip the mayo on burgers, substitute side salad/ chili for french fries, etc...
  • densiert
    densiert Posts: 17
    Options
    I also have leftovers for lunch, we always make enough food for lunch since the cafeteria food here is not that great and my bf would only eat junk if he ate at work.

Today I had a portobello mushroom cap filled with eggs with homemade salsa and a bit of cheese with a side of lentil salad. I had cherries for dessert :)
  • toniRAD
    toniRAD Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Annie's homegrown deluxe rotini and white cheddar mac & cheese. Tastes just as good as the regular kind, except not horrible for you. :)
  • Angelamu77
    Options
    Hi!

I cook and bag up things I can grab out of the freezer for lunch at the office.

Today I had
    Ground Turkey 99/1 with onions, fire roased tomatoes, cilantro and a side of steammed cabbage and a green apple

I would reccommend taking the time one night/day and cooking up a few choices to grab and go kind of thing. It has really helpped me and to be honest I enjoy it better when I can control my flovors.

Yesterday I had:
    Grilled chicken breast (grilled Sunday, froze some for later), on top of a side salda from Wendy's (was meeting a friend there for lunch) with Lemon/lime squezzed on top with salt and papper and some strawberries.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat the same thing for weeks on end. Right now I'm fixated on a half egg mayonnaise sandwich and fruit. If I'm at home, leftovers.
  • SewRue
    SewRue Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have a fun-sized bag of potato chips, an apple and baby carrots. Not exactly exciting but it fills me up!
  • PreciousMissy
    Options
    i make my lunch everynight... i make a healthy dinner and I put 1/2 right away into a tupperware container for lunch the next day. Last night had BBQ chicken breast (minus the skin) with baked potato and broccoli -- I also try to have soup with every meal... it fills you up and you eat less.

good luck!!!

I do the exact same thing. If you're worried about getting hungry later in the night and eating the second portion, I stick mine in the freezer. Then it's a lot of extra effort to eat what I've saved.
  • _GLENN_
    _GLENN_ Posts: 14
    Options
    i make my lunch everynight... i make a healthy dinner and I put 1/2 right away into a tupperware container for lunch the next day. Last night had BBQ chicken breast (minus the skin) with baked potato and broccoli -- I also try to have soup with every meal... it fills you up and you eat less.

good luck!!!

I do the exact same thing. If you're worried about getting hungry later in the night and eating the second portion, I stick mine in the freezer. Then it's a lot of extra effort to eat what I've saved.

That's a good thought, because it is likely that my boyfriend or I would munch on it later in the evening.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I have something different everyday as I like variety!

Today it was....a big huge leafy salad with a 3oz cut up Schwans lite and fit spicy chicken breast, 1/2 tomato, 1/2 oz feta cheese crumbles, with Ken's Light Options Vidalia Onion Dressing (1.5 T) With a salad...the possiblities are endless!!
  • Giantess
    Giantess Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I don't use microwaves so I have to bring things that don't require heating.

Do you not have one where you work or at your house, or do you not use them for carbon-footprint reasons?

Just nosy/curious.
  • currie_shawn
    Options
    Pizza and Soda.... I have been living in a hotel for 9 days and eating good is real hard. So my goal is to gain weight and I figured why not I like pizza. lol
  • luscadero
    luscadero Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I usually make enough dinner for leftovers (a meat and a veg), but lately I've been too busy and have been doing very easy snacky combos, like 1/2 cup of berries, an ounce of New Zealand grass fed organic cheddar (my fave thing at TJ's), and a serving of walnuts or cashews. Plenty of nutrients and cals, and I don't have to spend any time on it.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options

good luck!!!

THIS!
    i don't pack lunch for myself (not working *L*), however this is exactly what i do for meals for hubby to take to work. He says the guys at work are jealous as he always brings good home-cooked meals whereas they are stuck with instant and/or frozen meals, or fast food all the time. Surprising how many of them would prefer the home-cooked meal to fast/easy food.. so long as they don't have to cook it themselves i suppose *L*
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Veggie wrap + an apple ^_^
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Go-tos: Tuna sandwich, Turkey sandwich, homemade turkey chili , leftovers from dinner, or as a last resort, take-out from Chipotle or Jimmy John's.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    If I don't bring something to work with me, I usually go for a sandwich or salad(high in protein with things like chicken and/or egg)....sometimes sushi.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Today is leftover barley with mushrooms. And black pepper. LOTS of pepper. As it was cooking my husband comes from the kitchen to tell me that he may have went a "little crazy" with the black pepper. "I don't think it's TOO much but it's more than normal". My reply: I already put a good amount of black pepper in it. Men!! At least I love black pepper.