Lunch! What did you have?

Options

Replies

• hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    lean cuisine asian pot stickers....yumo!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Today is leftover barley with mushrooms. And black pepper. LOTS of pepper. As it was cooking my husband comes from the kitchen to tell me that he may have went a "little crazy" with the black pepper. "I don't think it's TOO much but it's more than normal". My reply: I already put a good amount of black pepper in it. Men!! At least I love black pepper.

I have this great pepper thing I got at a Harry and David's store...it has 4 peppers in the one container, each in their own little compartment...it has lemon pepper, orange pepper, onion pepper and garlic pepper. It's awesome for flavoring things while keeping it healthy :smile:
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    An avocado, and no you can't have a bite. LOL
  • pope369
    pope369 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It's a rainy day in Maryland and I felt like some comfort food; tomato soup.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    It's only 10:30 here but I will be having left over red beans and rice with turkey kielbasa.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    One egg, one egg white, one wedge of laughing cow cheese on a sandwich thin with a mug of Earl Grey tea.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    A giant dish of left-over lasagna.

Shameful...
  • atessieri
    atessieri Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    grilled cheese whith weight watchers whole wheat bread and 2%... so yummy i could eat it everyday....and i do :)
  • kfitz10103
    kfitz10103 Posts: 354
    Options
    I started using Flatouts flatbread wraps. The light is only 90 calories and I use olive oil mayo, only 45 cals, with turkey breast, the kind I get is only 70 cals. Or the snawich thins are really good. I use for sandwihes for work. I put half a slice of sargento reduced fat pepperjack (30 cals) olive oil mayo (45cals) and 2 sclices of turkey breast (45 cals) and the thins are 100 for a total of 200 cals per sandwhich. Then just add some reduced fat cheese snaks, fruit cups(with real juice) or a fiber one bar and I'm good to go. I sometimes even pack a juice if I don't want water.

I love the sargento red fat pepperjack and turkey. I eat that on a whole grain english muffin with egg most mornings. Only 245 calories.
  • atessieri
    atessieri Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    o also chicken wraps with sour cream and hot sauce is yummy so is salad with light italian and chicken and feta cheese ... now im hungry again lol good luck :)
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat similar things, soups, frozen meals, etc. supplemented with other stuff. This week, I made up bags of salad ahead of time so I just have to grab them in the morning. (So convenient!) They are just a few cups of spinach, some strawberries, and some low fat feta cheese. INSANE delicious! So I have a salad and a frozen meal or soup. I also have yogurt fairly often, sometimes with fruit like an apple or a banana.

Occaisionally, I go out to eat - we have a Qdoba, a Subway, and an Einstein's all near my work. All three of those places are awesome about posting their calories online. So it is easy to find something to fit in my daily allowance! (Qdoba is especially awesome, as they have a whole "meal builder" tool on their website, so you can easily play around with different ingredients!)

Today, though, I have my salad, and a Stouffer's mini frozen veggie lasagna. But it's still a few hours until lunchtime for me! =)
  • ashesoh1234
    ashesoh1234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm having a wrap sandwich made with a Flat Out wrap, dijon mustard, lots of lettuce, and 5 slices of tofurkey. That's about 220 calories. I often add a slice of reduced fat provolone, which brings it to about 270 calories. I'm also having a sandwich-size ziploc stuffed full of fresh red bell pepper, cucumber, and carrot. That's about 90 calories. I eat 5-6 times a day. I also like to do greek yogurt with high fiber cereal and fresh fruit for lunch. How about a small baked potato with black beans, salsa, and a bit of reduced fat cheese? I always like a big, big green salad with baked or grilled chicken.
  • RangerSteve
    Options
    Trader Joes Chocolate sorbet!

I'm eating the whole thing so let's see......

480 calories
    4g of fat
    116g of carbs,
    92g are sugar
    8g of fiber
    8g of protein

Awwwww yeah.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes Chocolate sorbet!

I'm eating the whole thing so let's see......

480 calories
    4g of fat
    116g of carbs,
    92g are sugar
    8g of fiber
    8g of protein

Awwwww yeah.

I like your style
  • cwnman
    cwnman Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Progresso Chicken soup.I normally have a turkey and cheese sandwich on a sandwich round, yogurt, and FF pringles.
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    Oscar Mayer Sandwich Combos with turkey and cheddar, wheat thins and jello tempations mousse! It was so good and satisfying! Its lunchables for adults! And only 390 calories for the whole thing! Think I will be buying these for lunch at work.
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Lunch is usually my lightest meal. Today I had a whole wheat English muffin with a little peanut butter on top and some cantaloupe.
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    1 cup of 10 bean soup and a grill cheese sandwich made with laughing cow light. Delicious, filling, and easy!
  • olso123
    olso123 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    mmmmm some great ideas to change up my lunch menu.
  • VelcroPooh
    VelcroPooh Posts: 152
    Options
    I am finding my favorite thing to do is just grab a baking dish, and start tossing healthy things in. Last night (which spawned leftovers for today's lunch) was chicken breasts, black beans, diced tomatoes with chilis, salsa with some low fat cheese sprinkled on top. It's enough to give flavor, but not overwhelming. When you divide it all out into 4 servings, 2 dinners and 2 lunches, the calories were actually only around 450 with a side of broccoli, with plenty of protein and not much carbs.